non-Americans, how many US states can you accurately label?

So.... here's an attempt at the UK, which was harder than I imagined. Most of what I know is from playing medeival and enlightenment-era games, so go easy on me if I made silly mistakes...

tYBVWqa.png

OK, moving from north to south:

-Orkney Islands and Aberdeen are correct
-You have placed Glasgow on Kinross-shire, it should actually be the small one two up from what you've labelled Argyll, which is actually Ayrshire (Argyll is the one with lots of islands just north of that).
-Edinburgh is correct, Lothian is only East Lothian/Haddingtonshire, with Midlothian and West Lothian also being present.
-Ballymon is not a county, that's Antrim. Belfast is right, Derry is placed over Down- the correct placement is the exact opposite one in the north east.
-Powys is correct, Gwynedd is the one to the north of that, which is actually Dyfed.
-Northumbria is correct, you have labelled Cumbria as Lancastershire, which is actually Lancashire and is the next one down. Yorkshire is in the right place, but that's only North Yorkshire, with the three counties to the south of that being West, South and the East Riding.
-Worcestershire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, G. London, Kent, Wight and Cornwall are correct.
-Your Plymouth is actually Devon/Devonshire, your Devonshire is Somerset.
-Hampshire is the one just north of the Isle of Wight.
-Amusingly those are both Sussex- East and West.

Edited to add the UK. I have used Chapman codes to save space when labelling. The only reason I got (most, I hope) of the English ones right is because my main interest is genealogy, where most of my ancestors originate. A smaller number are from Wales and one is from Scotland; none at all (thus far) can be traced to Northern Ireland.

View attachment 333531

Correct, save that Cumberland was abolished in 1974 and the modern county is Cumbria

The US One. I can label New York, California, Texas and everything else is paired into North and South Dakotas in the hopes I'm right.
Oh and I'm labelling Puerto Rico and DC. Come at me.

and @Alex Richards I'm going to name it "Durhamshire" because "County____" is reserved only for Ireland.
How about Florida? That's pretty easy to find.

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed at how well posters here can label American states. A lot of you do better than Americans unfortunately...

My Version

Level 1

xcU27BC.png

Australia is easy anyone can almost get everything right.

Level 2

01zpxI3.png

Due to me studying a bit on Argentina's history especially for my still WIP (Land of Friendship) I have almost know
every province of Argentina by now off the top of my head.

Level 3
hUIe1Tz.png

Mexico I do happen to know some states off the top of my head. But I don't every single one of them though sadly...

Level 4

THHcgdC.png

This was pretty damn hard, I may know some names and locations of counties in England, but outside of England I have little map knowledge of namewise. Not to mention I wasn't aware Northern Island had counties of their own. Also I know Jersey isn't called Old Jersey, I just called it Old Jersey due to the fact I live in the state of New Jersey lol.

Level 5

WeeGJsN.png

GAME OVER YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My take on Great-Britain.

qH4M8Iv.png

I'm not technically wrong, and I actually have more familiarity with these names than current names.

Bolt451

Gone Fishin'
How about Florida? That's pretty easy to find.

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed at how well posters here can label American states. A lot of you do better than Americans unfortunately...

"Flaccid penis with tiny ballsack" as John Oliver put it. Yes I recognise that one.

upload_2017-7-15_10-15-8.png

My genuine attempt. I know roughly where more are (Southern states like Mississippi, Missouri, Kansas etc. as well as more westward ones like Iowa, Idaho etc. but I couldnt tell you where they are specifically)

Level 4

THHcgdC.png

This was pretty damn hard, I may know some names and locations of counties in England, but outside of England I have little map knowledge of namewise. Not to mention I wasn't aware Northern Island had counties of their own. Also I know Jersey isn't called Old Jersey, I just called it Old Jersey due to the fact I live in the state of New Jersey lol

Not quite sure why I'm bothering considering you didn't spoiler the map but...
-NI: Both correct
-Wales: that's Clwyd not Rhyl, West Glamorgan not Swansea and Midglamorgan not Cardiff (which is in the next one over)
-Scotland: It's spelt Moray and Edinburgh's the one to the East of that
-England: The one you've put Hull at is Tyne and Wear, the two Newcastles are Durham and East Yorkshire, Manchester is actually the other one above that one, which is Cheshire, and it's Devon not Exeter. Otherwise correct

-County Down is correct, but that's Antrim not Armagh
-That's Sutherland not Inverness-shire, which is the one under your big label
-You've but Carmarthen in Powys, it's actually part of Dyfed which you've labelled with something I can't make out
-That's only South Glamorgan, but better than most
-Tyne and Wear is actually Northumberland, the top Notts is correct, the bottom one is Cambridgeshire, your Cambridgeshire is Suffolk.
-That's Berks not Bucks

Watch me show my total lack of knowledge on British constituencies (because the US states would be way too easy for me):
IOqRek0.jpg

Northern Ireland was easy since almost all of my dad's side of the family lives there, but most of the rest was like "what is this place?"

Maybe we should try doing counties for the US as well?

Watch me show my total lack of knowledge on British constituencies (because the US states would be way too easy for me):
IOqRek0.jpg

Northern Ireland was easy since almost all of my dad's side of the family lives there, but most of the rest was like "what is this place?"

Maybe we should try doing counties for the US as well?

Argyll, Inverness, Both Dovers, Great Yarmouth and Swansea are all wrong, the rest is basically right, but that's only North Yorkshire.

In my druthers, I drew one from scratch (on Thanksgiving, to show off to Americans). So I'm smarter than Ross from Friends.

I didn't get the borders right, but I got all fifty states in pretty much the right places. The one that got me stuck was.... I think it was New Hampshire, and I flipped Arizona and New Mexico. I'd have to contact old friends who might remember better.

Doing it from a map is cheating!!!