non-Americans, how many US states can you accurately label?

American, but I'll give this a try.

badmap.png

not serious, guys

My Version

Would Level 6 be Nigeria?

My genuine attempt. I know roughly where more are (Southern states like Mississippi, Missouri, Kansas etc. as well as more westward ones like Iowa, Idaho etc. but I couldnt tell you where they are specifically)

tumblr_inline_n4upug5Wj41qhnlhk.jpg

(jk I couldn't do much better if you pointed me at another country's subregions)

This game lets you try and name all the US counties:
https://hugequiz.com/quizzes/geography/us-all-3141-counties/

I was able to get 820/3142.

Go big or go home I guess.

map-of-united-states-2.png

I couldn't figure out three states, so I left them blank. Perhaps the old clichés about "flyover country" are true ? :eek: :D

I'm pretty sure the answers are deceptively simple.

I couldn't figure out three states, so I left them blank. Perhaps the old clichés about "flyover country" are true ? :eek: :D

I'm pretty sure the answers are deceptively simple.

90%. A good tip for remembering those three states is MIMAL.

Also you got Arizona and New Mexico backwards, which is almost enough to make me want to unfriend you, but not quite.

LOL, good mnemonic. :)

And yes, I tend to switch the positions of some states. I think I have the biggest issue with states that have overly rectangular borders. I don't have much of an issue with the ones that have distinct borders. As a European, rectangular borders confuse me immensely. XD Talk about pattern recognition !

My US try:

03t39WS.png

I started out this thread feeling very confident about my geography knowledge but then I saw all the India and Russia tries and got sad that I can hardly name any states there.

iRJJPdK.gif

Wow I know jack shit about the US - also I'm 100% sure that I put Indiana in the wrong place, I wanted to put it somewhere else (near 'Minnesota') but I second guessed myself and put it there instead.

I did the thing! I think I got it all right barring a misspelling here or there.

Attachments

• US Map.gif
    US Map.gif
    108.5 KB · Views: 288
Wow I know jack shit about the US - also I'm 100% sure that I put Indiana in the wrong place, I wanted to put it somewhere else (near 'Minnesota') but I second guessed myself and put it there instead.
Well, you're almost right WRT Indiana: you put it where the Indian Territory (like the Indiana Territory, meaning "place with a bunch of Indians", but established decades later) was.

Well, you're almost right WRT Indiana: you put it where the Indian Territory (like the Indiana Territory, meaning "place with a bunch of Indians", but established decades later) was.
That was my reasoning, yeah. I also realized I forgot to put down New Mexico and Colarado.

An Australian here, I like to think I got all these right (and the spelling too)

See Ya

Mark

edit:

Names 50/50
spelling 44/50
location 50/50

map-of-united-states-2.gif

Last edited:
An Australian here, I like to think I got all these right (and the spelling too)

See Ya

Mark

edit:

Names 50/50
spelling 44/50
location 50/50

My grade for you is
Names 50/50
Spelling 43/50
Location 48/50
Misspelling: Nebraska, Louisiana, Tennessee, Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Connecticut
Mislocation: New Hampshire, Massachusetts

iRJJPdK.gif

*triggered*

edit: read this thread backwards. So much getting Minnesota and the Great Enemy confused...

you know, the longer the use this username, the more and more I become an actual nationalist, I feel...

Last edited: