TOASTER Sun and Moon [The One All-encompassing Scheme To Eternally Rule]

Should the Poland and Latvia colours be switched?

• Total voters
Heyo, this is some cool stuff still! I was wondering though if there'll be Native American nation colors like in TACOS.
As it stands, there aren't any specific ones. All the US state colors can double as colors for Native Americans though.

Also, a minor problem with India (fixed in tangleSun): In Moon, India has a duplicate Northern Pakistani State and Punjab, which deletes Rajastan and Gujarat.

A few things
- Since there are liberal and conservative versions of the other major scandinavian states, Norway should have that too. Perhaps use the vikings/pagan scandinavian state for monarchist norway as well.
- I think Galicia and Leon should have separate colors as there are scenarios where both could exist
- San Marino and fascist Italy should not share a color, as both existed at the same time in OTL
- Add Teutonic Order to Prussia and Livonian Order to Latvia. Or perhaps add a separate Livonia/Livonian Order color
- Add Wallachia to Romania
- Perhaps reorganize north/south/east/west Anatolian states with actual state names.
- Add color for Trebizond
- Maybe a color for Secondary Azerbaijan/Nakhchivan
- Add Moors to Mauritania
- Add Azawad to S. Tuaregs/Secondary Mali
- Add Azores color
- Separate colors for West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Perhaps separate colors for Syrian/Turkish/Iraqi/Iranian Kurdistan
- Maybe add Secondary Fiji/Rotuma color
- Attach Cascadia and Ecotopia to existing colors
- Rename Kralendijk to Bonaire
- maybe add Bolivian/Paraguayan/Argentine Chaco colors
- Aaland to Åland
- Facist to Fascist in several places
- Gunersey to Guernsey
- Leperchauns to Leprechauns
- Friesland to Frisia
- Southrn France to Southern France
- Venician to Venetian
- Genoan to Genovese
- Vatician to Vatican
- Eturia to Etruria
- Herzegovnia to Herzegovina
- Transnitria to Transnistria
- Pharonic to Pharaonic
- Tunsnia to Tunisia (Also add Tunis to desc.)
- Marutania to Mauritania
- Cote d'Ivoire to Côte d'Ivoire (Also perhaps add Ivory Coast to desc.)
- Nigeran to Nigerien
- Equatoral to Equatorial
- boko haram to Boko Haram
- Isles to Islands in various spots
- Sao Tome to São Tomé
- Principe to Príncipe
- Ethopia to Ethiopia
- Maruitus to Mauritius
- Reunion to Réunion
- Eastafrican to East African
- Tetradecary to Tetradeciary
- draka to Draka
- Phonecia to Phoenicia
- isis to ISIS/ISIL
- Hadramut to Hadramaut
- Quatar to Qatar
- Khazakh to Kazakh
- Karkalpakstan to Karakalpakstan
- Tajikstan to Tajikistan
- Chinese Sucesor to Chinese Sucessor
- Orangutangs to Orangutans
- Rajastan to Rajasthan
- Maharastra to Maharashtra
- Andra Pradesh to Andhra Pradesh
- Chhattisgarth to Chhattisgarh
- Uttaranchal to Uttarakhand
- Jharkland to Jharkhand
- Aoteroran/Aeoteoran to Aotearoan
- Secodary ASB Australia to Secondary ASB Australia
- Marinara to Mariana
- Marshal to Marshall
- Microesian to Micronesian
- Galopagos to Galápagos
- O'hau to Oahu
- Sasketchawan to Saskatchewan
- Laborador to Labrador
- Novascotia to Nova Scotia
- Suranational Canada to Supranational Canada
- Coahulia to Coahuila
- Nuevo Leon to Nuevo Léon
- San Luis Potosi to San Luis Potosí
- Michoacan to Michoacán
- Queretaro to Querétaro
- Hildago to Hidalgo
- Guerro to Guerrero
- Tobasco to Tabasco
- Yucatan to Yucatán
- Brasillian to Brazilian
- Amapa to Amapá
- Para to Pará
- Maranhao to Maranhão
- Piaui to Piauí
- Ceara to Ceará
- Rio Grande Do Norte to Rio Grande do Norte
- Paraiba to Paraíba
- Espirito Santo to Espírito Santo
- Rio De Janeiro to Rio de Janeiro
- Sao Paulo to São Paulo
- Parana to Paraná
- Rio Grande Do Sul to Rio Grande do Sul
- Goias to Goiás
- Matto Grosso to Mato Grosso
- Matto Grosso Do Sul to Mato Grosso do Sul
- Brazillian to Brazilian
- Tristan Da Cunha to Tristan da Cunha
- Ecuadoran to Ecuadorian
- Arucania to Araucanía
- Paragovernment to Paragovernmental
- Saturnese to Saturnian
- Uranal to Uranian
- Secondry Undersea Kigdom to Secondary Undersea Kingdom

A few things
- Since there are liberal and conservative versions of the other major scandinavian states, Norway should have that too. Perhaps use the vikings/pagan scandinavian state for monarchist norway as well.
Also "monarchist" should be changed in many cases to "absolutist," as there are many liberal monarchies out there.
- I think Galicia and Leon should have separate colors as there are scenarios where both could exist
At some point, the scheme will have all Autonomous Communities of Spain as separate colors.
- San Marino and fascist Italy should not share a color, as both existed at the same time in OTL
My personal suggestion would be to have Rome double as the Fascist Italian color.
- Add Teutonic Order to Prussia and Livonian Order to Latvia. Or perhaps add a separate Livonia/Livonian Order color
Livonia would work as a secondary Estonian color as well.
- Add Wallachia to Romania
I concur.
- Perhaps reorganize north/south/east/west Anatolian states with actual state names.
The only things I can think of off the top of my head are Troy for Northwest Anatolia and Trebizond for North Anatolia. Still a good idea.
- Add color for Trebizond
See above.
- Maybe a color for Secondary Azerbaijan/Nakhchivan
I don't see why not.
- Add Moors to Mauritania
Already on the to-do list.
- Add Azawad to S. Tuaregs/Secondary Mali
Definitely.
- Add Azores color
Honestly I thought there was one already.
- Separate colors for West Bank and Gaza Strip
I don't believe they're governed separately, and you'd only end up with two colors for Palestine.
- Perhaps separate colors for Syrian/Turkish/Iraqi/Iranian Kurdistan
I'd say just add a secondary and maybe a tertiary Kurdistan, but we don't need colors for all of them. I can only see a map having two at once.
- Maybe add Secondary Fiji/Rotuma color
Why not?
- Attach Cascadia and Ecotopia to existing colors
Cascadia and Ecotopia are essentially the same thing. All the scheme would need is a Unified Pacific Northwest color.
- Rename Kralendijk to Bonaire
Weird that it wasn't the case already.
- maybe add Bolivian/Paraguayan/Argentine Chaco colors
Why? I don't see a need for more than maybe one color for the Gran Chaco.
@XO Mapping

Also, a minor problem with India (fixed in tangleSun): In Moon, India has a duplicate Northern Pakistani State and Punjab, which deletes Rajastan and Gujarat.
Agh! I forgot to fix Gujarat.
Also, added a whole bunch of things to the to-do. Next update will aim to do them all.

ALSO, the work on the update will start after Tangle has completed TOASTER Sun for 2 reasons:
1) to make it easier on tangle
2) i can then update both versions at the same time

Last edited:
Current progress on Sun:
ALL NOT SHOWN ARE DONE
All The New Feudal Germanies: DONE
Monaco: Done
Poland, In Space: No Progress Yet
Dalmatia: No Progress Yet
White Nile, 2nd Libya, Carthage, Algeria, Morocco: No Progress Yet
More Congos + Cabinda: No Progress Yet
Chubu, Kyushu, Hokkaido, Ainu: No Progress Yet
Indian Header: No Progress Yet
Secondary Iceland/Western Iceland Color Is In North America: No Progress Yet
Mon/Con Canada: No Progress Yet
Wanked USA: No Progress Yet
New-York-In-Canajoharie: No Progress Yet
Wanked Brazil: No Progress Yet
Peru 2: No Progress Yet
Argentina Fixes: No Progress Yet
Borders: I'm only going to add intercolonial and fourth level, not going to consolidate border colors into one color (I use those colors!)
Mercury, Mercury2, Venus, Earth, Mars, Ceres, Jupiter, Saturn, Saturn2, Uranus2, Neptune2, Pluto, Pluto2, Eris, Makemake, Haumea, Kuiper, Orcus, Salacia, Quaoar, Sedna, Oort Cloud: No Progress Yet
RELIGION - No Progress Yet
CILCFA section- No Progress Yet
Re-add Scaffolding- No Progress Yet

Last edited:
somebody (that is not tangle) got greedy and did the entire other section
unknown.png

somebody (that is not tangle) got greedy and did the entire other section
thansk

Progress moving slowly, but I took a day off from school (blame my father, he's the one who motivates me plus he didn't wake up) so I might do things then.

I'm not a yank, so I'm gonna need some help with deciding which president goes to which section of the America colours.
here's what i have so far:
Trump - Very Right-wing, Right-wing if he calms down over his term
Obama - Slightly Left
Bush Jr. - Very Right-wing/Right-wing?
Clinton - Centrist?
Bush Sr - ?????
Reagan - Very Right-wing

I'm not a yank, so I'm gonna need some help with deciding which president goes to which section of the America colours.
here's what i have so far:
Trump - Very Right-wing, Right-wing if he calms down over his term
Obama - Slightly Left
Bush Jr. - Very Right-wing/Right-wing?
Clinton - Centrist?
Bush Sr - ?????
Reagan - Very Right-wing
Trump- far Right-authoritarian
Obama- Center-left
Bushes- Right
Clinton- slightly left of Obama?
Reagan- Thatcher

Skallagrim

Banned
I've mentioned it before (regarding the previously present, and in my opinion wisely removed, mention of Trump), but... is it really smart to put current (or relatively current) politics in there? What is "left" or "right" anyway? I couldn't tell you. Big versus small government? Free trade versus protectionism? Civil liberties versus authoritarianism? One needs the perspective of history to judge these things, I suspect. One hundred years ago, most people, if they had read the policy plans of most politicians mentioned above (if these were to be phrased in neutral terms) would have considered all of them to have been radical, big-government reformers. Probably members of some progressive fringe club. Yes, even Reagan.

Keep in mind that frickin' Trump's actual policy suggestions, if magically dropped in 1912 (with all the abrasive wording filed off and purely presented factually), would be seen as most closely related to those of... Teddy Roosevelt's Progressive Party. Strong army? Encouraging American identity instead of taking pride in one's identity as a member of an ethnic minority? A strong national economy? Kicking out the "corrupt establishment"? Trade protectionism? A certain tendency to act as a loose cannon? That all sounds familiar...

Of course, being close to any 1912-era(!) political platform, content-wise, is very telling in itself. My point is that what was considered highly progressive then is clearly not seen as such now. So if we respect the long view of history, are we fit to qualify today's paradigm? Any judgement would be biased at best, and useless at worst. If the changes in the next hundred years are as big as the ones in the past hundred years, people in 2116 might well consider Reagan and Obama to be very much alike in their politics, and only superficially different. They might be astounded at the very idea that one could be seen as "center-left", and the other as "very right-wing". Again... a hundred years ago, those two would both be called proponents of an incomprehensibly, ludicrously vast government. Even the much, much reduced income taxes Reagan initially suggested would be seen as bizarrely high. The kind of tax rates proposed only by... radicals. Communist sympathisers!

Reagan the big government guy. Imagine it for a moment. That's how strange our classifications will look, when seen in the long view. I truly feel that it would be a shame to mar such a beautiful mapping project with those kinds of peculiarities.

These decisions are not up to me, of course, and this is nothing but the well-meant advice of an interested spectator. My apologies for the political commentary, which was sadly unavoidable given the context. In te interest of preventing chat-like discussions, I will say in advance that this was a one-off post on the subject, and it is the last I will say on the matter.

I don't really like the different USA political colours, you have to change them every 4 years or so. I get the fascist and communist US colours (both are scenarios that are different enough from the current situation to need a colour change to show them, and there are enough TLs around for them to need separate colours to be mapped), but I just don't like the idea of changing a countries colour every time they have an election.

Also, the separate colours for St Pierre and Miquelon. Together they only have a population of 6000 people, and most of these are on St Pierre - I don't think Miquelon could even survive without St Pierre. I think the colour could be used elsewhere. (and anyway, how would you even map them separately - even on a QBAM, the two islands are indistinguishable, let alone the worlda).

Aside from this, I do think the colour scheme is very good, and very detailed, even if Africa and South America look too small to me. Maybe you could add a few more colours to bring them closer to Europe and North America (perhaps add the provinces of Argentina and the states of Nigeria - both are federations after all, even if it would be a bit of work).

I don't really like the different USA political colours, you have to change them every 4 years or so. I get the fascist and communist US colours (both are scenarios that are different enough from the current situation to need a colour change to show them, and there are enough TLs around for them to need separate colours to be mapped), but I just don't like the idea of changing a countries colour every time they have an election.
Maybe just a few alternate colors for stylistic purposes.

Also, the separate colours for St Pierre and Miquelon. Together they only have a population of 6000 people, and most of these are on St Pierre - I don't think Miquelon could even survive without St Pierre. I think the colour could be used elsewhere. (and anyway, how would you even map them separately - even on a QBAM, the two islands are indistinguishable, let alone the worlda).
Makes sense.

Aside from this, I do think the colour scheme is very good, and very detailed, even if Africa and South America look too small to me. Maybe you could add a few more colours to bring them closer to Europe and North America (perhaps add the provinces of Argentina and the states of Nigeria - both are federations after all, even if it would be a bit of work).
Argentinian provinces sound good. At the very least the scheme should specify colors for Entre Rios, Corrientes, and Buenos Aires. Nigeria's states are too small (on a WorldA, at any rate) and the vast majority of them aren't conceivably potential independent states.