Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

The future is going to be dominated by the terminally online children who were taught everything they know by Paradox mods, Polandball, political compass memes, and Jreg, not to mention TikTok. Pity the future.
It's deeply funny to me that the internet will spell the end of capitalism but its replacement will be a horrifying melange of discarded ideological detritus filtered through video game fashwave memes.

Something I wonder is if the British monarchy could be more politically active in KR. Here is my case.

Basically the British monarchy had a lot of power in theory, but the royalty doesn't use it for stability sake. Edward VIII Otl had many outspoken opinions, and in KR he's shown as someone with autocratic tendencies.

I imagine that if Canada restore the UK with the conservatives in power and Edward VIII is the one being crowned, the British monarchy would be stronger until he dies and Elizabeth II takes power and adopt her non interventionist position from our timeline.

Something I wonder is if the British monarchy could be more politically active in KR. Here is my case.

Basically the British monarchy had a lot of power in theory, but the royalty doesn't use it for stability sake. Edward VIII Otl had many outspoken opinions, and in KR he's shown as someone with autocratic tendencies.

I imagine that if Canada restore the UK with the conservatives in power and Edward VIII is the one being crowned, the British monarchy would be stronger until he dies and Elizabeth II takes power and adopt her non interventionist position from our timeline.

I consider the most logical conclusion of Edward VIII staying in power being Canada's immediate slide into authoritarianism; it's no secret in-lore that he has absolutist ambitions, and I imagine him clearly favoring the Hardline Conservatives when he returns to the UK.

If you want a true constitutional monarch, go Albert or Henry.

And if you want the most cursed outcome, authoritarianism + King George VI. The guy's high out of his mind most of the time, and the subsequent bad decision-making would certainly lead to the Guided Parliament and the UK facing an uncertain future.

I consider the most logical conclusion of Edward VIII staying in power being Canada's immediate slide into authoritarianism; it's no secret in-lore that he has absolutist ambitions, and I imagine him clearly favoring the Hardline Conservatives when he returns to the UK.

And if you want the most cursed outcome, authoritarianism + King George VI. The guy's high out of his mind most of the time, and the subsequent bad decision-making would certainly lead to the Guided Parliament and the UK facing an uncertain future.
who would be Kaiserreich version of Oliver Cromwell?

who would be Kaiserreich version of Oliver Cromwell?

None, but Mosley would probably try considering that his British fascism IRL made a big deal about Cromwell being the first English proto-fascist. Alternatively, considering that Cromwell isn't an easy figure to 'proletariatize', he wouldn't bother and focus on building up his own image.

None, but Mosley would probably try considering that his British fascism IRL made a big deal about Cromwell being the first English proto-fascist. Alternatively, considering that Cromwell isn't an easy figure to 'proletariatize', he wouldn't bother and focus on building up his own image.
why not some UoB general coups syndies then creates Republic and then becomes Lord Protector for life?

While I agree and the game also allow you to do that, I always go for the conservative democrat route. I think that in that case he would just be an interventionist monarch not in the sense that he would rule by decree but he would constantly talk with the PM and do speeches talking about what he wants and people would follow suit
Sadly he cannot have a son or daughter ingame, so Elizabeth II would end destroying that system, but at least she only would be crowned in the 1970s.

Last edited:
While I agree and the game also allow you to do that, I always go for the conservative democrat route. I think that in that case he would just be an interventionist monarch not in the sense that he would rule by decree but he would constantly talk with the PM and do speeches talking about what he wants and people would follow suit
Sadly he cannot have a son or daughter ingame, so Elizabeth II would end destroying that system, but at least she would be crowned in the 1970s.

Edward can't have kids?

Why would the National Unity coalition nominate Olson for president? He's further left than both Democrats and Republicans.
In Olson's path, why would trying to negotiate with Reed cause complete MacArthur collapse while just going ahead with the labor relations thingy cause the minimum Union-only no-coup war?