L’Aigle Triomphant: A Napoleonic Victory TL

Oh God oh no
Don Carlos María Isidro Benito de Borbón (29 March 1788 – 10 March 1855) was an Infante of Spain and the second surviving son of King Charles IV of Spain and of his wife, Maria Luisa of Parma. As Charles V, he was the first of the Carlist claimants to the throne of Spain. He was a reactionary who stridently opposed liberalism in Spain and the assaults on the Catholic Church. He claimed the throne of Spain after the death of his older brother King Ferdinand VII in 1833. His claim was contested by liberal forces loyal to the dead king's infant daughter. The result was the bloody First Carlist War (1833–1840). Don Carlos had support from the Basque provinces and much of Catalonia, but lost the war and never became king. His heirs continued the traditionalist cause, fought two more Carlist wars and were active into the mid-20th century, but never obtained the throne.

Well fuck. Why spain doesn't have a leader who has the minimum brain function to make a country work. Goodbye chance to reform and be a functional country.

why doesn't the royal family of spain have an heir with more than two brains?
It's not too much to ask, you don't have to be a napoleon, just have enough brains to point out the right people.
Portugal had good heirs ( and a very good one in Pedro II the Magnanimous ) what's the problem with spain and the genetic lottery.

Bad in a very different way than Ferdinand!
1656093012422.png

basically the 19th century and beyond

well UK already has an ally against france with a spain going reactionary, or spain is going to be invaded by france or has several civil wars. With this information perhaps Spain will do the impossible and have a worse result than otl.

As a Filipino, I think this could be an opportunity for us to get independence early. On the other hand, if we mess up, the hammer of the Infante is going to fall. Hard.

I wonder if Napoleon, now that he is freer, is going to invade Spain to put his brother on the throne
Why would he, beyond his itch for battle? The war is over and despite not having a particularly “Napoleonic” government the Spain detest the British for trying to pull a Brazil on their colonies and can be kept in the fold with minimal effort.

Why would he, beyond his itch for battle? The war is over and despite not having a particularly “Napoleonic” government the Spain detest the British for trying to pull a Brazil on their colonies and can be kept in the fold with minimal effort.
I mean Napoleon no, but maybe King Carlos V decides to stop staying in this unholy alliance, without God and decides to declare a holy war to restore order or something like that.

I mean Napoleon no, but maybe King Carlos V decides to stop staying in this unholy alliance, without God and decides to declare a holy war to restore order or something like that.
Carlos was a total weirdo. He had essentially no firm political opinions beyond divine right. So it depends entirely who he surrounds himself with

declares the empire of the Spains, they found fueros everywhere and we will have a Spanish empire, very conservative but decentralized and with holy and happy people, or a country that implodes on the first day of his reign
The fueros system is more or less what I had in mind; it’s an easy way to get the badly needed decentralization but also functions straightforwardly in Carlos V’s rather blinkered wheelhouse