The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

Ladies and gentlemen, I gonna revive with you a iconical moment in TNO history.

Basically I was checking the French leaders and noticed that Pierre Sidos, the clerico-fascist leader of France was still alive, so I made a post about that:

Then a French member of the community showed up, he is a communist who Interviewed Pierre Sidos, and he said that Sidos was basically a normal dude but he would throw racist remarks in everything he said, something specially disgusting since he was a catholic and he should have been excommunicated for that. The French guy came with an idea to interview Sidos with a notebook, show him in TNO and post a video with his reaction and comments with English subtitles.

The problem is that Sidos was at the hospital, so he had to wait until Sidos was liberated from it to record the interview. We waited, waited and boom, he died, went kaputt. The interview never could be recorded, thus making this the closest we ever had to a "Show him the mod" moment.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, I gonna revive with you a iconical moment in TNO history.

Basically I was checking the French leaders and noticed that Pierre Sidos, the clerico-fascist leader of France was still alive, so I made a post about that:

Then a French member of the community showed up, he is a communist who. Interviewed Pierre Sidos, and he said that Sidos was basically a normal dude but he would throw racist remarks in everything he said, something specially disgusting since he was a catholic and he should have been excommunicated for that. The French guy came with an idea to interview Sidos with a notebook, show him in TNO and post a video with his reaction and comments with English subtitles.

The problem is that Sidos was at the hospital, so he had to wait until Sidos was liberated from it to record the interview. We waited, waited and boom, he died, went kaputt. The interview never could be recorded, thus making this the closest we ever had to a "Show him the mod" moment.
Imagine having people discover of your existence through a mod for a damn video game. Wild.

Just a thought: is there any in-game-type explanation for Italy not having nukes? I know they're not a superpower, but they're essentially the fourth one, and having Germany as a neighbor I assume they'd want to tool up and get some protection.

That, and I assume for cred of their own - wouldn't Italians want to see their nation have a big fat nuclear arsenal, for the prestige and nationalism and all that...?

Just a thought: is there any in-game-type explanation for Italy not having nukes? I know they're not a superpower, but they're essentially the fourth one, and having Germany as a neighbor I assume they'd want to tool up and get some protection.

That, and I assume for cred of their own - wouldn't Italians want to see their nation have a big fat nuclear arsenal, for the prestige and nationalism and all that...?
Do remember that France IOTL had to start an independent nuclear program because the US wouldn't share with them... and they still got nukes in fourth place.
Add ideological difficulties for Italian science, their major nuclear scientist (Fermi) having left to the US, and...

They normally develop nukes in the 1970s. It is a bit surprising that they don't have them at the start. I haven't played as Italy, so I don't know what decisions the Italians make leading up to them getting nukes.

They normally develop nukes in the 1970s. It is a bit surprising that they don't have them at the start. I haven't played as Italy, so I don't know what decisions the Italians make leading up to them getting nukes.
Old lore wise, Italy has a difficult internal problems regarding their mainland Italy itself (thanks German Half-finished Dam) and their Empire having issues (needing to keep their oil colonies due to it being a source of otherwise tight money problems).

Some of the National Focuses are so hilariously bad and buggy that I am surprised that Italy had a functional nuke by 1970.

7qni49zg0yw81.png

Hypothetical question, how would the Organization of Free Nations reorganize Europe in the same way they decolonized Africa. Somehow mutually assured destruction doesn't happen, Germany collapses and the OFN occupies the continent. The assumptions: non antagonistic Italy, non antagonistic Russia, maximum possible Einheitspakt & economic sphere without Goering's wild ride.

Last edited:
Hypothetical question, how would the Organization of Free Nations reorganize Europe in the same way they decolonized Africa.
1 of 2 paths is pursued.
Either to preserve continental stability and entrench OFN influence the US could maintain the skeleton of German continental hegemony via limited punishment to Germany and effectively a TNO version of the Marshall plan.
Or dismantle germany(any degree really) and prop up a new european order which would be impossible to really judge beyond the black market being full of nukes and the fact that the rest of the continent can't really avoid the allure of Nazi inspired revanchist ideology once the continental economy collapses fully.

Either to preserve continental stability and entrench OFN influence the US could maintain the skeleton of German continental hegemony via limited punishment to Germany and effectively a TNO version of the Marshall plan.
My idea was that Germany proper is rebranded into the Central European Federation as regional identities are revived and promoted. Ukraine is independent, Ostland and Caucasia are turned into something like the West Indies and East Africa

My idea was that Germany proper is rebranded into the Central European Federation as regional identities are revived and promoted. Ukraine is independent and Ostland is rebranded into the Baltic Republic.
Sounds like it would be too stable and a potential competitor as a Superpower.

Probably give support strong potential contenders into their own countries (France, Poland, etc.) feed the big countries German territory ala post-ww2, divide Germany as much as possible, pull of a Treuhund and sell off German National assets to private interests potentially their regional rivals even and try to weaken every Germany by supporting every possible secession from Germany as much as possible.

There is no chance that America would forgive Germany that much, chances are it would be brutally dismembered ala Hungary post-ww1 and lots of anti-nuclear embargo.

Wouldn't be if its in OFN alongside America.
Depends on which OFN it actually is, remember that while the OFN looks more genuine than every other Superpower backed Pact/Alliance it can go a lot of different ways depending on which President gets elected.

It starts after all as merely an extension of American power given that with the exception of the South African War, nobody else in the OFN provides assistance whatsoever in any of the proxy wars.

Chances are it would be treated the same way America treats its "members" of Panama, Iceland, and the nation whose nationalist murdered JFK in TNO basically a puppet it will jerk around to prevent it from getting ideas.

@Zygmunt Stary so, I write manga and had a sudden realization

A reworked, sane (still evil) Velimir would be a dark prince version of Rurik II of Kemerovo

basically both want russia to return to a certain era, Rurik to the 1200s and Velimir to the 700s, but with modern tech in both cases. Velimir Slavia versus the Rus of Rurik would be basically an anarchronistic clash of two periods of russian history.
I know I'm digging this one up a bit, but I have to say I quite like the idea of each regional warlord representing a different aspect of Russian history to be quite interesting. In Central Siberia you have Rurik representing medieval Christian Russia, and in West Russia you have either Hyperborea or Vyatka representing pre-Christian Russia and the Russian Empire respectively. In contrast to these shadows of Russia's past, you have 2 different interpretations of the "modern" Russia, Sablin in the Far East emulating Lenin's USSR, and Yeltsin representing the Russian Republic.

Not really, historical Rurik was pagan and Rurik II from TNO is secularist, whatever Krylov tries to do is fusion between his view of tradition and his view of modernity
Ironically Rurik II is very close to historical Rurik given that his conversion was based on asking what will converting to X religion benefit him with Orthodox winning over Islam due to allowing alcohol.