Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

The answer is that you don't. The QBAM isn't actually a projection, it's a drawing of a projection. The one it was based off of resembles a Robinson Projection, but it's been through so many reworks and redraws that at this point it can't be called anything other than a frankstein map. Really I wish the entire basemap could be wiped off the internet because of how frustratingly ill-made it is. All you can essentially do is try to make it fit as best you can.
Let me rephrase that: Is there a way to change a Robinson projection so its not centered on the Prime meridian and therefore the Chukchi Peninsula doesn't get shoved into the northwesternmost corner of the map?

This is the only q-bam with Pacific projection I've ever seen.
Its not great but you could use it if that's what you need
Project.png

Yeahhhhh, I'm not sure I could see any good looking pacific q-bams coming out in the future :closedtongue:

We can always dream for a pacific q-bam thread..
This is the only q-bam with Pacific projection I've ever seen.
Its not great but you could use it if that's what you need
View attachment 731147
Like Kolchak said, it's a drawing of a qbam projection, not its own projection. The best thing might be to simply redo the basemap, which is easier said than done but possible for anyone who wants to commit to doing it. Obviously pasting it over some other projection won't do really anything except warp it unfortunately.

Here is another option
Pacific-centric-map.png

I put it into an equal earth projection if that's any better [and increased the size to more q-bam -like]
ee Untitled map.png

Does anyone have a Qbam (or atleast some historical maps) of the Soviet unions interal divisions before the 1936 constitution redrew the borders?
Found some here:

Crazy Boris

Banned
Found some here:

is there a source for that last one that Isn't pinterest? It won't let me save the map without an account

Found some here:

thank you so much! 🤝

In lieu of @Bob Hope 's recent coastlines, I've decided to restart my reservoirs/artificial water bodies project (link), but this time I want to do it proper (again in lieu of Bob's insane quality).
I'll be posting this and any further updates to it on the thread for the old project, which will include a spreadsheet (link) with dates and extra notes.

The spreadsheet is also provided so other people are able to dispute either the dates I've provided, or to dispute which water body I've assumed the given pixels represent (I may have gotten this incorrect in some cases).

reservoirsEUv1.png

This is the project so far, I've gone thru all of Europe minus Scandinavia and Russia (both of which will be hell) and North Africa minus Egypt and the Sudans.
Water bodies in green are ones I'd elect not be represented on Q-BAM: the patch in Greece does not exist as far as I can tell, it seems like it's taking course of the Struma, but that isn't anywhere near wide enough to warrant coastline status.

In lieu of @Bob Hope 's recent coastlines, I've decided to restart my reservoirs/artificial water bodies project (link), but this time I want to do it proper (again in lieu of Bob's insane quality).
I'll be posting this and any further updates to it on the thread for the old project, which will include a spreadsheet (link) with dates and extra notes.

The spreadsheet is also provided so other people are able to dispute either the dates I've provided, or to dispute which water body I've assumed the given pixels represent (I may have gotten this incorrect in some cases).

View attachment 733307
This is the project so far, I've gone thru all of Europe minus Scandinavia and Russia (both of which will be hell) and North Africa minus Egypt and the Sudans.
Water bodies in green are ones I'd elect not be represented on Q-BAM: the patch in Greece does not exist as far as I can tell, it seems like it's taking course of the Struma, but that isn't anywhere near wide enough to warrant coastline status.
Glad to see this project revived.
Keep up the good work