Albion Rising: A Henry Frederick Timeline

Tbf at present he's 18, so, he's still a bit happy go lucky, but there'll be a bite to him.
Newly returned from his Grand Tour, I assume?

Also, speaking of grand tours. IOTL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomasz_Zamoyski attended Theobalds in 1615. ITTL (given that Wladyslaw is the only son and wouldn't be allowed to risk his life on Smolensk campaign), can a grand tour of a certain "Pan Snopkowski" happen earlier? Probably with Tomasz Zamoyski as a primary companion (and likely to include Britain TTL)?

I've recently found and just caught up with this. While it is not within my area of expertise it is a very interesting TL. There have been a few things that I would like to comment on.

I can't remember how many pages ago it was mentioned but James stating he would not make his mothers mistakes while deciding to keep Carr makes me wonder what he thinks his mothers mistakes were? As I think any of us would say her mistake/ fatal flaw was ignoring warnings about her favourites in either the truth about their character or how disliked they were (or both). But the wording of James's statement indicates he doesn't think this was her mistake/flaw.

On Henry looking older from Lord Salisbury's perspective, I think that's a mixture of his reaction at seeing how his father reacted to Carr being impeached/ attempt at impeachment in addition to being a father soon. It will be interesting to see how is plans for this session of Parliament pan out.

I am also curious about the situation in Russia and if we would be getting a p.o.v from there shortly. As it seems to be roughly the same as OTL though considering Michael I Romanov is roughly two years from being elected by the national assembly it seems the situation is potentially rather fluid still.

VVD0D95

Banned
Newly returned from his Grand Tour, I assume?

Also, speaking of grand tours. IOTL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomasz_Zamoyski attended Theobalds in 1615. ITTL (given that Wladyslaw is the only son and wouldn't be allowed to risk his life on Smolensk campaign), can a grand tour of a certain "Pan Snopkowski" happen earlier? Probably with Tomasz Zamoyski as a primary companion (and likely to include Britain TTL)?
Don’t think young villiere could quite afford the grand tour, but he’s dfintelt back from a tour ;)

and oooh I think that’s definitely happening.
I've recently found and just caught up with this. While it is not within my area of expertise it is a very interesting TL. There have been a few things that I would like to comment on.

I can't remember how many pages ago it was mentioned but James stating he would not make his mothers mistakes while deciding to keep Carr makes me wonder what he thinks his mothers mistakes were? As I think any of us would say her mistake/ fatal flaw was ignoring warnings about her favourites in either the truth about their character or how disliked they were (or both). But the wording of James's statement indicates he doesn't think this was her mistake/flaw.

On Henry looking older from Lord Salisbury's perspective, I think that's a mixture of his reaction at seeing how his father reacted to Carr being impeached/ attempt at impeachment in addition to being a father soon. It will be interesting to see how is plans for this session of Parliament pan out.

I am also curious about the situation in Russia and if we would be getting a p.o.v from there shortly. As it seems to be roughly the same as OTL though considering Michael I Romanov is roughly two years from being elected by the national assembly it seems the situation is potentially rather fluid still.
glad you’re liking it. Yeah james is definitely not seeing the wood for the trees here. As for Russia, we’ll keep your eyes peeled, developments afoot.

Tbf at present he's 18, so, he's still a bit happy go lucky, but there'll be a bite to him.
In OTL, people who did not like Carr began sponsoring Villiers by giving him money for better clothes and they would talk about how great he was to the King which allowed him to enter the court. I was wondering if something like this would happen?

VVD0D95

Banned
In OTL, people who did not like Carr began sponsoring Villiers by giving him money for better clothes and they would talk about how great he was to the King which allowed him to enter the court. I was wondering if something like this would happen?
Indeed they did, and it might well do ;)

Deleted member 147978

The Battle of the boy-toys
In this corner, you know him as a scheming conniving man. ITS ROBERT CARR
And in this corner, He’s a happy go lucky teenager. HERES GEORGE VILLIERS.
I like to see of both of them go at it in a fencing duel to the death wielding two handers. I'll pay my money's worth if that happens. :cool:

The Battle of the boy-toys
All I can image is this meme
F3153D69-8134-4CDC-A7E1-F6123AD40FF5.jpeg

May just me relevant to British members, but does anyone else get a Dominic Cummins and Boris Johnson vibe about Robert Carr and James I?

Unless it does not like otl and Mr. Villagers and the King do not meet?

Perhaps King James’ eye is taken by a strapping native man from the Colonies heh?

I like to see of both of them go at it in a fencing duel to the death wielding two handers. I'll pay my money's worth if that happens. :cool:
King James did not like duels. But a secret duel would be really awesome. Villiers was a very good fencer in his time and I don’t think Carr could flatter him to death.