Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Divide to save

Show a state (or an empire or civilization) voluntarily dividing itself to avoid total collapse, like the division of the Roman Empire or the Abdication of Charles V).

Once again my old proposals, just so you don't forget.

Back Into The Fold
Make a map where a polity returns into a community which it used to withdraw from.

Backstop? What Backstop? (aka Greener Pastures II, a re-run of MotF 98)
Make a map showing a legal discrepancy between countries that prompts related border traffic.

The Boy Who Lived
Make a map of a country with its former political system surviving to the present day.

I Love You, You Pay My Rent
Make a map of a fiscal redistribution scheme.

Making The Best Of An Awkward Situation
Make a map of a place, project or other endeavor that has been abandoned by the group that started it.

Our Father's Father Says That Things Were Better Then
Make a map depicting an attempted or successful socio-economic or socio-cultural political backlash. (Wahhabi-influenced Political Islam? Chavista Venezuela? Western World Alt-Right? You name it!)

And then I'd declare, as I'm already at it, that I'd throw my weight behind Making The Best Of An Awkward Situation as the last several years of OTL feel like a new awkward situation where everybody struggles to make the best of it.

With only two entries so far, I am going to go ahead and extend this round. Ordinarily I would extend it to the 2nd, but I don't expect to have time to post threads that evening, so this round will now end Sunday, November 1.

For What It’s Worth - make a map depicting large scale crippling civil unrest
Doctor No More - make a map of a pacifist nation going militaristic
11’s Hour is Over Now - make a map of the final hours of a state
You Want It Where? - make a map of a construct somewhere inhospitable (ie WW2 Pacific island airbases)
The Scramble for Space - make a map depicting the colonial division of a non-Earth interplanetary object
A New Atlantis - make a map depicting an underwater nation suffering a cataclysm
The Faro Plague - make a map depicting a rogue AI swarm
Among Thieves - make a map depicting a piratical nation
Thunder’s Drum - make a map of an advanced construct worshipped by a primitive civilization

Congratulations to @Prince di Corsica, who certainly pulled off a coup in MotF 225 with a slightly terrifying map of "The Enlightened Republic of Japan!"

New threads are now posted:
MotF 226: Translatio Imperii - Voting Thread
MotF 227: Here Be Dragons - Entry Thread

(Hat tip to @Stretch and @Reagent, whose suggestions I have mashed together into one topic for this round!)

Can a map that would have fit for Stretch's suggestion work for this round? As in alternate geography based on historical innacuracies?

Until Death do us Apart - A nation that is only held together by its ruler and he is on his deathbed
BFF - Two nation's (or more) that are in terrible situations and for some reason still remain together when any sane government would already have jumped ship

Congratulations to @Prince di Corsica, who certainly pulled off a coup in MotF 225 with a slightly terrifying map of "The Enlightened Republic of Japan!"

New threads are now posted:
MotF 226: Translatio Imperii - Voting Thread
MotF 227: Here Be Dragons - Entry Thread

(Hat tip to @Stretch and @Reagent, whose suggestions I have mashed together into one topic for this round!)

I was working on a map and I wondered: should inaccuracies be geographic alone or can they belong to human geography? Like there being an idea that a certain city or industry exists in a region.

Alright, with several folks having entries in the works but none yet submitted, MotF 227: Here Be Dragons is hereby extended to November 23.