Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Congratulations to @Prince di Corsica for a decisive victory in MotF 221, with his map "Territorios Antarcticos Portugueses!"

New threads are now posted:
MotF 222: The Vast Expanse - Voting Thread
MotF 223: The Black Sheep - Entry Thread

I like the first two; we could run either of those at some point. I'm a little leery of the third one - the name is cute, but it seems like a pretty specific subject. I'd want to be sure there were several people interested in entering before running that one.
Yeah I also have an idea for rock the casbah.

Unlike Any Other: Create an election map (optionally, an accompanying wikibox) depicting an election taking place under a unique/novel system

Again, if this has been done before, I apologise

The Map Before Time: depict a region during prehistoric (or protohistoric) times

It could be fun, perhaps a bit challenging, but interesting to see what people come up with in what is likely the technically broadest challenge yet. It could also be limited a bit more if it's preferred, but yeah, prehistoric map.

Again, if this has been done before, I apologise

The Map Before Time: depict a region during prehistoric (or protohistoric) times

It could be fun, perhaps a bit challenging, but interesting to see what people come up with in what is likely the technically broadest challenge yet. It could also be limited a bit more if it's preferred, but yeah, prehistoric map.
I second this one.

I intended to enter, since I advocated for this one and had an idea I liked, but I'm a little overwhelmed with personal life changes this month. So I'm sorry to say there'll be nothing from me this time.

"Where are the barbarians?"
Show the barbarian peoples of the Roman period in a region totally different from OTL.

"We, peoples of the steppes"
Show an empire unifying around a charismatic leader/tribe and founding one of the greatest empires in history.

"From Austerlitz to Waterloo"
Show with at least two maps a state undergoing gigantic territorial and political expansion before being violently crushed by its opponents.

Last edited:
With only two entries so far, I am going to go ahead and extend MotF 224: Rock The Casbah by a week, until Monday, September 21.

Thanks to all who are suggesting topics for future rounds - keep them coming, and be sure to say which ones you would most like to see!