Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

The 80s films I have seen include Return of the Living Dead, Back to the Future, Ferris Buller's Day Off, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and the Breakfast Club. So I can't wait to see how they turn out ITTL!

Deleted member 146578

Here is my list of movies I think will exist ITTL:
JFK by Christopher Nolen - This movie focuses on the life and times of the 35th President of the United States, John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
Killing Romney by Bill O'Reilly - This TV made movie focuses on George Romney's presidency and how he and his killer Arthur Bremer crossed paths.
Lenore by Pablo Lerrain - This movie focuses on former First Lady Lenore Romney and her point of view of the days following the assassination of her husband and 36th President of the United States, George Romney.
Nellie by Pablo Lerrain - This movie focuses on former First Lady of Texas Nellie Connally and her point of view of the days following the attempted assassination of President Kennedy and the successful assassination of her husband and Texas Governor John Connally.
The Day Romney Died by Leslie Woodhead - This documentary focuses on the day of George Romney's assassination.
GHWB by Rob Reiner - This movie focuses on George H.W. Bush's transition from Texas Senator to Vice President until he becomes the 37th President of the United States following the tragic assassination of president George Romney in 1972.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my list of movies I think will exist ITTL:
JFK by Oliver Stone - This movie focuses on the life and times of the 35th President of the United States, John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
Killing Romney by Bill O'Reilly - This TV made movie focuses on George Romney's presidency and how he and his killer Arthur Bremer crossed paths.
Lenore by Pablo Lerrain - This movie focuses on former First Lady Lenore Romney and her point of view of the days following the assassination of her husband and 36th President of the United States, George Romney.
Nellie by Pablo Lerrain - This movie focuses on former First Lady of Texas Nellie Connally and her point of view of the days following the attempted assassination of President Kennedy and the successful assassination of her husband and Texas Governor John Connally.
The Day Romney Died by Leslie Woodhead - This documentary focuses on the day of George Romney's assassination.
I like them all.

JFK by Oliver Stone - This movie focuses on the life and times of the 35th President of the United States, John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
While I can see a movie like this existing ITTL (although I think it would much more likely that there would be a longer extended version of the excellent OTL 1983 miniseries Kennedy, which is basically the same thing as it chronicles JFK’s life from the 1960 election night to his assassination and stars Martin Sheen as JFK), I don’t see Oliver Stone directing it. More likely I think is Stone directing a Romney assassination movie.

"JFK" by Christopher Nolan. Score by Hans Zimmer. Jon Hamm stars as the titular character in a biopic that spans decades and follows the life of the beloved two term US President through turbulent times as he struggles to find balance in his life. Alice Eve stars as Marylin Monroe. Anne Hathaway turns in her Oscar nominated performance as Jackie Kennedy. Nolan was convinced to do a biopic on JFK after his brother Jonah convinced him to pass on his "Mister Hughes" biopic that had been gestating for years.

Deleted member 146578

If JFK or any movie that focuses on JFK's life were to exist ITTL, here is my pick for the cast:
Martin Sheen - President John F. Kennedy
Blair Brown - First Lady Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy
Brad Davis - Attorney General and Secretary of State Robert F. Kennedy
G.D. Spradlin - Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson
Vincent Gardina - FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover
Ossie Davis - Civil Rights Leader Martin Luther King Jr.
1603224631487.png
1603224362996.png
1603316670786.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If JFK or any movie that focuses on JFK's life were to exist ITTL, here is my pick for the cast:
Martin Sheen - President John F. Kennedy
Blair Brown - First Lady Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy
Brad Davis - Attorney General and Secretary of State Robert F. Kennedy
G.D. Spradlin - Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson
Vincent Gardina - FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover
Ossie Davis - Civil Rights Leader Martin Luther King Jr.
View attachment 592461View attachment 592458

Vincent Gardenia gave me the creeps, especially when he was talking about "sexual" things...

On Star Wars.....I don't think a second Death Star is necessarily a bad idea. When you get down to it there are TONS of cases when dictators or just plain arrogant people double down on political stupidity in order to save face (look at Donald Trump or that hotel in North Korea that was never opened). Given that the Death Star WOULD have worked if not for the exhaust port I can EASILY see the Empire being arrogant enough to think "oh we should totally just rebuild it and it will be much better this time totes."

Or President Lincoln can use the Galaxy Gun instead.

The rebels might even suspect it's a trap (being built above Kashyyyk in the outer rim rather than the core) but have no choice due to the alternative (letting the Galaxy Gun be completed and moved to a more secure location) is worse.

If this is truly an alternate Star Wars Trilogy then I don't think things from the novels should be used since those are concepts and ideas GL consulted on after the fact in the 90's. This should be strictly stuff that he was thinking about while making the trilogy actual, IMHO.

The Death Star II is often seen as unoriginal and I can honestly see Lucas going for it; hilariously I think Orson Welles MIGHT actually be able to hit it off with Lucas and get him to compromise a LITTLE bit (he can relate to the bigwigs crushing your dreams). Maybe keep Death Star II and Luke Leia as siblings but we get Kashyyyk and Wookies instead of Ewoks.

If this is truly an alternate Star Wars Trilogy then I don't think things from the novels should be used since those are concepts and ideas GL consulted on after the fact in the 90's. This should be strictly stuff that he was thinking about while making the trilogy actual, IMHO.
Luke is 60 years old and Han is a green alien