Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
where is east kansas and east montana
ITTL Kansas is divided in four electoral districts: West Kansas (Kansas's 1st), East Kansas (Kansas's 2nd), City of Kansas (Kansas's 3rd) and South Kansas (Kansas's 4th).
ITTL Montana is divided in two electoral districts: West Montana (Montana's 1st) and East Montana (Montana's 2nd).

Death tolls on Earthquake and Inferno are far to low. Earthquake took out the entirety of LA and there are too many casualties on screen to be in the hundreds. Meanwhile at the end of Towering Inferno McQueen's character actually says "We got lucky, we only lost about 200."
@neamathla for reference, the population of Los Angeles in 1970 is 2.81 million, though a slight decline occurred in the next four years.

I mean, what’s the worst that could happen?

758D706B-07FF-4EA2-A252-050067893C37.png

I've gotten back into my Equestrian politics thing (Switching Horses Midstream in my sig), and I've started making more wikiboxes for it to refamiliarize myself with what I'd built up.

vygVdiF.png

The Triple Crown Party, commonly shortened to the Tricrowners, are a centrist, monarchist party in Equestria and is the oldest and largest party in the Equestrian parliament. The party was founded in the 12th year of the Diarchic Era, shortly after the founding of the Principality of Equestria. It brought together the various pro-Equestrian factions of the three pony tribes - the Grand Principalists of Unicornia, the political wing of Pegasopolis's E.U.P. Guard, and the United Equestrian Party of Earth. The Tricrowners chose the name based on the first crown worn by Celestia and Luna, which was formed by unifying the crowns of the three tribes: the Grand Helm of Pegasopolis, the Platinum Crown of Unicornia, and the Puddingian Cap of the Earth Ponies. Since then, the party has consistently been the largest party in the Equestrian parliament and the governing party in Equestria for centuries. The party historically has generally followed closely to and taken cues from the Celestial administration of the time. Being so tied to the royals and acting as the natural governing party for so long, the primary goal of the Triple Crown Party has been to act more as a steady remex on the nation than as a long term determiner of policy, and so it has generally kept a broad ideological stance since the dawn of the Celestial Era.

As the party generally aligns with the prevailing policy agenda of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, its positions have shifted back and forth throughout history. This is particularly true in foreign policy. While Equestria's relations with her neighbors is primary Celestia's realm, it is the Triple Crown Party's duty to navigate that foreign policy through parliament when a relevant bill requires passage. For many centuries following the banishment of Nightmare Moon, the Tricrowners, reflecting Celestia's attitude, were staunchly isolationist. However, at Celestia's lead under the two most recent party leaders and Chevaux Regent, Gallant Fox and current Cheval Regent Fancy Pants, the party have taken a more open and internationalist stance toward Equestria's neighbors. The Tricrowners have led the efforts to get the necessary parts of free trade agreements and foreign treaties through parliament as they arise. Their accomplishments include the formalization of reliations with and the securing of the alliance with the Crystal Empire following its reappearance and Princess Cadence's accession to the throne and the establishment of formal migration and trade treaties and relations with the Dragonlands.

The Tricrowners' main purview in parliament covers domestic policy within Equestria. The Triple Crown Party hold a position of maintaining stability in domestic governance, keeping the balance between monarch, parliament, and local governance. They are social liberals, seeking greater freedoms for ponies going about their daily lives. The Cheval Regency of Gallant Fox marked a more radical shift in this realm of domestic policy as he successfully fought for much greater equal standing of other creatures besides ponies in Equestria. In weather management, the Triple Crown Party has also sought a harmonic balance in convectionist policy, which favors neither pegasi manufacturers nor earth pony farmers in determining national weather policy.

While the Triple Crown Party is seen as the natural governing party of Equestria and has maintained a majority in parliament for centuries, in recent years the majority has come under increasing strain from both sides of the horseshoe. In the most recent election, the Tricrowners retained a majority of 111 out of the 200 total seats in parliament. However, for the first time in over a century, the Tricrowners dipped below 100 general district seats, meaning they must rely on their members in the unicorn reserved and non-pony reserved seats to maintain control of the government.

5s1EcqR.png

The Corona Party are a conservative, monarchist party in Equestria. They are the most recent party to serve as the main opposition to the dominant Triple Crown Party. The Corona Party was founded in 976 CE following the defection of several members of the Triple Crown Party. The party was founded by Cavalcade, its first leader, and four other members who left the Triple Crown Party. The split among the Tricrowners occurred following Cheval Regent Gallant Fox passing legislation to create five reserved parliamentary ridings for non-pony creatures to ensure non-ponies had at least some representation in parliament.

The Coronists led by Cavalcade quickly tripled as more ponies defected from the Tricrowners and as the party gained seats from elections in the decade that remained of Gallant Fox's Regency. During that time, the Corona Party also adopted a general platform. Cavalcade's leadership and her like-minded early part members staked out a more conservative ground than the Tricrowners, adopting their initial strict isolationist and nationalist stances that characterized the party in its beginning. The first Coronist platform drawn up by Cavalcade after forming the party called for the repeal of the reserved non-pony ridings, deployment of contingent royal guards to Equestria's frontier to control cross-border movement with specific mention of the dragon migration as a danger to Equestria, and the adoption of movement controls for certain non-pony creatures within Equestria's borders. Owing to the party's initial base of unicorns and later earth ponies, the Coronist Party adopted a thermalist ideology on weather management, calling for earth pony farmers to have a greater say in weather production and distribution.

Gallant Fox stepping down as Cheval Regent and his replacement by Fancy Pants stemmed the rise of the Corona Party for a brief period. The Coronists failed to gain any seats in the election of 990. In both the 996 election and the 1001 election following the restoration of the diarchy, the Coronists lost seats to the Triple Crown Party. However, the Red Dragon Scare and the Chaotic Incident in Ponyville led to a resurgence in the Corona Party's popularity. Cavalcade's succession in the leadership by Parabellum aided the party and saw the party begin its rapid shift to its current form. Parabellum's victory in the leadership election signalled the ascendance of a Corona Party that now sought to mitigate threats from both within Equestria and beyond its borders. Parabellum took the party to its current interventionist stance, cheering on the freeing of the Crystal Empire from Sombra, but warned that the First Changeling Invasion demonstrated the need for greater focus on national security. The party supports a policy of Harmonic Interventionism to bring other nations closer to Equestrian values.

During the Cheval Regency of Fancy Pants, the Corona Party has risen to become the official opposition to the Triple Crown Party, but due to the Tricrowners' dominance the Coronists have had little success in getting legislation passed. One of the most successful maneuvers by the Coronists has been the nomination of Neighsay as Chancellor of the Equestrian Education Association. Additionally, while the party has made inroads in the unicorn reserved ridings and in some parts of Canterlot and northeastern Equestria in the general ridings, the party has struggled to expand beyond its traditional unicorn and earth pony base. The Coronist Party has been accused of being xeonphobic in its discourse on other nations and on other creatures in Equestria, which the party has denied. Parabellum has pointed to the recent invasions of Equestria by the Changelings and by the Storm King as a defence for the Coronists' stance toward the need to boost Equestria's power projection capabilities and a more aggressive foreign policy and for the watchful eye over other creatures within Equestria. The Cozy Glow Crisis and the following election saw the Coronists climb to their highest number of ridings in parliament yet at 31 ridings split between general and unicorn seats.

Last edited:
Death tolls on Earthquake and Inferno are far to low. Earthquake took out the entirety of LA and there are too many casualties on screen to be in the hundreds. Meanwhile at the end of Towering Inferno McQueen's character actually says "We got lucky, we only lost about 200."
I wasn't able to rewatch the Towering Inferno before I made it, so I did a rough count of on-screens deaths in my head for the total deaths. I've updated this infobox.

For Earthquake, I used the 1994 Northridge, 1989 Loma Prieta, 1906 San Francisco earthquakes as guide. Northridge and Loma Prieta have low death numbers primarily because they were not in a major city, but also medical examiners/coroners limited the numbers of deaths attributed directly to the earthquake. For example, if someone died of a heart attack brought on the earthquake, they were listed as being killed the heart attack. So I looked at official deaths for Northridge and Loma and multiplied by six. I figured better building codes would make it half of the San Francisco's low end death estimates. Looking at it now, the injury number probably should be at least doubled.

I wasn't able to rewatch the Towering Inferno before I made it, so I did a rough count of on-screens deaths in my head for the total deaths. I've updated this infobox.

For Earthquake, I used the 1994 Northridge, 1989 Loma Prieta, 1906 San Francisco earthquakes as guide. Northridge and Loma Prieta have low death numbers primarily because they were not in a major city, but also medical examiners/coroners limited the numbers of deaths attributed directly to the earthquake. For example, if someone died of a heart attack brought on the earthquake, they were listed as being killed the heart attack. So I looked at official deaths for Northridge and Loma and multiplied by six. I figured better building codes would make it half of the San Francisco's low end death estimates. Looking at it now, the injury number probably should be at least doubled.
Okay but please recall that in the Movie you're not dealing with a normal Earthquake but the Big one and one considerably more powerful than is actually able to happen OTL (clearly the writer didn't do all his research properly) and a number of supposedly Earthquake proof buildings do fall down. Maybe in the cold light of day its less than 5'000 but I expect its still far worse that the 1906 quake.

Lemuria.png

Lemuria is a former continent located in what is now the Indian Ocean believed to be the first continent settled by humans outside of Africa. At its peak, Lemuria was home to a variety of thriving civilizations, notably including Atlantis, Mu and Hyperborea and possessed technology and spiritual awareness unmatched by any future societies. It is believed a large amount of Lemurians possessed abilities later considered to be magical or psychic, but which were simply an everyday part of life in Lemuria. Artifacts recovered from the Moon hint that Lemurian civilizations may have possessed advanced spaceflight and settled on other planets, though no extant colonies of any Lemurian society have been confirmed. However, circa 10,000 BCE, a series of disastrous floods and earthquakes would ravage the continent, sinking the bulk of it into the sea. Surviving Lemurians would be forced to resettle elsewhere, most notably coming to do so in Egypt, India, China, Central America and various Pacific Islands. At one time it was thought a colony of surviving Lemurians had been established in Europe in either Italy or Greece; however, subsequent investigation has ruled this possibility out and the civilization on Lemuria known as Hyperborea is believed to have been ancestors to the indigenous people of Australia rather than any European peoples.

Status
Not open for further replies.