Belfast-sectarian-riots-1920-300x260.jpg

March 5, 1935: Boston Massacre
In Boston, a small British army detachment that was threatened by mob harassment opened fire and killed five people, an incident soon known as the Boston Massacre. The soldiers were charged with murder and were given a civilian trial, in which John Adams conducted a successful defense.
usl_securingdeckawningatsea_1930s-1.jpeg

December 16, 1938: Boston Tea Party
Protesting both a tax on tea (taxation without representation) and the perceived monopoly of the East India Company, a party of Bostonians thinly disguised as Mohawk people boarded ships at anchor and dumped some £10,000 worth of tea into the harbor, an event popularly known as the Boston Tea Party.
2936-1-h.tif

March–June 1939: Intolerable Acts
In retaliation for colonial resistance to British rule during the winter of 1938–39, the British Parliament enacted four measures that became known as the Intolerable (or Coercive) Acts: the Boston Port Act, Massachusetts Government Act, Administration of Justice Act, and Quartering Act. Rather than intimidating Massachusetts and isolating it from the other colonies, the oppressive acts became the justification for convening the First Continental Congress later in 1939.

Last edited:
Just wondering should the dates for the Intolerable Acts portion be pushed forward accordingly to the 30's. With the First Continental Congress convening in 1940 not 1774?

Thanks for point that out, I fixed it. Also the First Continental Congress is in 1939 not 1940.
I also noticed your previous post still has some 1700's dates attached. Btw I am
really enjoying this and cannot wait for TTL's 1940's Revolutionary War. I live a couple of miles from the Battle of Cowpens and would like to request a version of it for this if I may.

I also noticed your previous post still has some 1700's dates attached. Btw I am
really enjoying this and cannot wait for TTL's 1940's Revolutionary War. I live a couple of miles from the Battle of Cowpens and would like to request a version of it for this if I may.
Again thanks for point that out. Also it be a before I get to 1781/1946 but I'll try to make a note of it.

The Final Moments of
the Great Patriotic War

images - 2020-06-22T123715.397.jpeg

The German Nuclear Warhead, "Der Faust" (The Fist), exploding in an airburst over London. This was taken seconds after the blast and moments before the shockwave struck the city, by an unknown British photographer that was on a balcony that day. It was the first nuclear weapon to be in combat, and the only time a nuclear armed missile was ever deployed and successfully detonated. 30% of the people were vaporized, and another 20% dying of radiation poisoning. It was a modified V2 Missile.

images - 2020-06-22T124640.162.jpeg

Days after the destruction of London at the hands of the nuclear warhead, Allied armies stationed defending the arriving German forces began to surrender, seeing all hope is lost. Pictured here are British and French troops surrendering near Great Yarmouth.

images - 2020-06-22T125111.027.jpeg

Photo of the second atomic bomb's mushroom cloud, nicknamed "Doomsday", shortly after exploding over Manchester. This would mark the killing blow to the Allied Forces. A week after, Prime Minister Winston Churchill declares his acceptance of the Axis peace conditions and the surrender of the remaining Allied armies still fighting. This bomb was deployed by an American B29 Superfortress via airdrop.

sketch-1592802036513.png

Photo of the third bomb, "Silbervogel" (Silver Bird), on its rack. Set to be dropped on Edinburgh at the end of March 1946, it was a plutonium based bomb that was estimated to be more powerful than the first two bombs. The surrender of the British and the Allies came a week before its expected deployment, so its detonation never happened. It was instead tested in June 1946 as a test shot at the ex Norwegian territory of Svalbard.

Little_boy.jpg

Photo of "Doomsday" on its rack, 3 weeks before deployment.

uss-shiloh.jpg

USS Shiloh (CG-67) docked in Naval Base Tankge, Talisay City (within Cebu City county), State of Visayas.
OOC: This is an actual photo of the USS Shiloh in Cebu in early 2014.

wy_1923_teapot_dome_committee.jpg

September 5, 1939: First Continental Congress convenes
Called by the Committees of Correspondence in response to the Intolerable Acts, the First Continental Congress convened in Philadelphia. Fifty-six delegates represented all the colonies except Georgia.
pentacostal_preacher.png

March 23, 1940: Patrick Henry’s “Give me liberty or give me death” speech
Convinced that war with Great Britain was inevitable, Virginian Patrick Henry defended strong resolutions for equipping the Virginia militia to fight against the British in a fiery speech in a Richmond church with the famous words, “I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!”
00e099e8f9033e93db5f18368133b39a--s-vintage-bikes.jpg
320px-Partisans_attack_village.jpg
8f34b33fb6d72efbfbea3f5d6df0f449--red-army-world-war.jpg

April 18–19, 1940: Paul Revere’s Ride and the Battles of Lexington and Concord
On the night of April 18, 1940, Paul Revere rode from Charlestown to Lexington (both in Massachusetts) to warn that the British were marching from Boston to seize the colonial armory at Concord. En route, the British force of 700 men was met on Lexington Green by 77 local minutemen and others. It is unclear who fired the first shot, but it sparked a skirmish that left eight Americans dead. At Concord, the British were met by hundreds of militiamen. Outnumbered and running low on ammunition, the British column was forced to retire to Boston. On the return march, American snipers took a deadly toll on the British. Total losses in the Battles of Lexington and Concord numbered 273 British and more than 90 Americans.

rc9msf4tv6651.jpg

A birds eye view of an Earth 2005-Eta micro city. Much of the area near the IZ in alternate Colorado was covered by this settlement, in addition to more conventional flora and fauna. As far as we can tell these microchip like structures are teaming with millions of tiny sentient life forms living and working in conditions not to dissimilar to modern humans. Further study was cut short when a swarm of small aircraft attacked our team and forced us to retreat. Interestingly much larger structures scaled for regular humans where visible in the distance during our survey. I’d recommend another expedition further away from the micro civilization to study this parallel. Those tiny missiles really sting.
-Captain Gonzalez, Recon Team-56

Last edited:
FaceApp_1591739164335.jpg

First photograph of Anthony Meyer as Prime Minister, where against all odds and predictions the previous day he somehow defeated Margaret Thatcher in the 1989 Conservative Party leadership election. He would serve only three years before being defeated by Neil Kinnock.

d148259cf2c0fd02bae00ff4e37b93ac.jpg

June 17, 1940: Battle of Bunker Hill
Breed’s Hill in Charlestown was the primary locus of combat in the misleadingly named Battle of Bunker Hill, which was part of the American siege of British-held Boston. Some 2,300 British troops eventually cleared the hill of the entrenched Americans, but at the cost of more than 40 percent of the assault force. The battle was a moral victory for the Americans.
41uO8YaGaRL._SX313_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

January 1941: Thomas Paine’s Common Sense published
In late 1940 the colonial conflict with the British still looked like a civil war, not a war aiming to separate nations; however, the publication of Thomas Paine’s irreverent book Common Sense abruptly put independence on the agenda. Paine’s 50-page book, couched in elegant direct language, sold more than 100,000 copies within a few months. More than any other single publication, Common Sense paved the way for the Declaration of Independence.
Senate_Chaplain_delivers_prayer_1939.jpg

July 4, 1941: Declaration of Independence adopted
After the Congress recommended that colonies form their own governments, the Declaration of Independence was written by Thomas Jefferson and revised in committee. On July 2 the Congress voted for independence; on July 4 it adopted the Declaration of Independence.

d148259cf2c0fd02bae00ff4e37b93ac.jpg

June 17, 1940: Battle of Bunker Hill
Breed’s Hill in Charlestown was the primary locus of combat in the misleadingly named Battle of Bunker Hill, which was part of the American siege of British-held Boston. Some 2,300 British troops eventually cleared the hill of the entrenched Americans, but at the cost of more than 40 percent of the assault force. The battle was a moral victory for the Americans.
41uO8YaGaRL._SX313_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

January 1941: Thomas Paine’s Common Sense published
In late 1940 the colonial conflict with the British still looked like a civil war, not a war aiming to separate nations; however, the publication of Thomas Paine’s irreverent book Common Sense abruptly put independence on the agenda. Paine’s 50-page book, couched in elegant direct language, sold more than 100,000 copies within a few months. More than any other single publication, Common Sense paved the way for the Declaration of Independence.
Senate_Chaplain_delivers_prayer_1939.jpg

July 4, 1941: Declaration of Independence adopted
After the Congress recommended that colonies form their own governments, the Declaration of Independence was written by Thomas Jefferson and revised in committee. On July 2 the Congress voted for independence; on July 4 it adopted the Declaration of Independence.

"Don't eat yellow snow, it's just common sense!"

-Oversimplified

The Iberian Front
Great Patriotic War

images - 2020-06-23T092725.646.jpeg

Francoist forces march victoriously through the streets after the Fall of Lisbon, April 1946. Lisbon managed to hold for a staggering 3 months. The cooperation and teamwork of both civilians and soldiers became known to the Allies as the "Portuguese Effort" and became a source of propaganda for the remaining population that supported the Allied cause. Ultimately, the sacrifice made by the people of the city would be censored by Franco's Government, to avoid negative public opinion and sentiments. The last survivor of the Siege of Lisbon, Carlos Corleone, would die in 1956 of natural causes.

images - 2020-06-23T133420.384.jpeg

Surrender of Portuguese and pro Republic Spanish guerillas outside of Lisbon. After the surrender of Portugal to the Spanish State and its immediate annexation into the rest of the country, Portuguese partisans and guerillas rose up in defiance against their occupiers. They were supported by remnants of the Spanish Republican Army from the days of the Civil War, who were operating underground for most of the war. The "Velvet Uprising" in Zaragoza would be the climax of this ongoing insurgency.

images - 2020-06-23T133835.429.jpeg

Francisco Franco during his most famous speech in Madrid, May 1946. In this public conference, the Caudillo publicly announces the victory over the Portuguese and the beginning of the insurgency bolstered by Portuguese partisans and Pro Republic underground organizations. Franco was publicly praised by his Nationalist Faction and even the people of Spain for his immense efforts in putting down further rebellion and his extensive action during the Reconstruction Era. He would be a public hero, and was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1960.

images - 2020-06-23T134553.769.jpeg

Franco and Hitler meets again at the Second Meeting at Hendaye on the Vichy-Spanish border to discuss the division of Africa and economical developments and free trade. The "Hendaye Agreement" would also be signed, where Spain participated in the rebuilding of Europe from scratch after the War.

images - 2020-06-23T135206.812.jpeg

Spanish Panzer IVs parading at Madrid after the victory over Portugal.

54382f1281f87.preview-1024.jpg

September 22, 1941: Nathan Hale executed
On September 21, 1941, having penetrated the British lines on Long Island to obtain information, American Capt. Nathan Hale was captured by the British. He was hanged without trial the next day. Before his death, Hale is thought to have said, “I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country,” a remark similar to one in the play Cato by Joseph Addison.
29b405e8-3efd-11e7-b30a-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg
(not real happy with this, if some can find a better pic please share)
December 25–26, 1941: Washington crosses the Delaware
Having been forced to abandon New York City and driven across New Jersey by the British, George Washington and the Continental Army struck back on Christmas night by stealthily crossing the ice-strewn Delaware River, surprising the Hessian garrison at Trenton at dawn, and taking some 900 prisoners. The American triumph at Trenton and in the Battle of Princeton (January 3, 1942) roused the new country and kept the struggle for independence alive.
A164%20%281%29.jpg

October 17, 1942: Burgoyne surrenders at Saratoga
Moving south from Canada in summer 1942, a British force under Gen. John Burgoyne captured Fort Ticonderoga (July 5) before losing decisively at Bennington, Vermont (August 16), and Bemis Heights, New York (October 7). His forces depleted, Burgoyne surrendered at Saratoga.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 4.59.25 pm.png

President of the United States George Washington III speaking before Congress in his first State of the Union Address in 1969.
The prestigious United States Navy Commander just so happened to've been the great great grandson of George Washington.​