Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

As I have said elsewhere, this poster is extremely cringe on so many levels. Let's start with the Little Red Book:

Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse-tung originated in the PLA in the direct aftermath of the disastrous Great Leap Forward. Lin Biao, newly promoted Defense Minister after the dismissal of Peng Dehuai, sought to prevent a collapse in morale and promote loyalty among the PLA's mostly peasant conscripts. He embarked on a programme of indoctrinating soldiers with Mao Zedong Thought, of which the Little Red Book eventually became a part, in the Chinese tradition of collections of quotes from sages. It was distributed widely amongst the military with an effusive introduction supposedly written by Lin Biao, and coincided with the national propaganda campaign surrounding Lei Feng. As the Cultural Revolution began, people were often extolled to "learn from the PLA", and the Little Red Book became highly sought after by Maoist students. This led to approval of it being printed for the general public and it proliferated rapidly from there.

An equivalent has no reason to appear in the CSA at all.

Moving on, we see a badge with Browder's face on it, clearly based on the Mao Badge. These did not exist prior to the Cultural Revolution and had no equivalent in the Stalin-era Soviet Union Browder's path is based on, so a "Browder Badge" makes little sense.

Furthermore the signs proclaiming the glory of Totalism are completely out of place in Browder's USAS and even a cursory glance at the CSA's lore would tell you this. The Vanguardists do not identify as Totalists and aren't "Charter Totalists" in the first place, they're Leninists. The signs should be talking about Marxism or Vanguardism instead.

To top all this off, comments by Vincent indicate that Browder is encouraging people to set up backyard furnaces, which again makes little to no sense for a Stalin expy who came to power in the most industrialized country in the whole world! He has no need to carry out an industrialization campaign or try stupid things to increase steel output.

It's just lazy to make such blatant one-to-one comparisons and belays a total lack of understanding on so many levels.

Was thinking the exact same thing, It's very lazy imo to just shoehorn in modern allusions to Maoist China or even Stalin's Soviet Union constantly into a country that, in all likelihood, would look very different from either two. Throwing in stuff that are rooted in Chinese culture and circumstances like the Little Red Book, the banners on balloons, the art style, etc. to fit an American Totalist context, while it is well drawn, makes no sense.

s9smaxf6la551.png

Seeing this new KR artwork wonder what will happen if CSA went down PRC path.

If same thing that happen to PRC happened to CSA ie economic liberalization. I wonder how good will the CSA play the PRC game such as spread their influence through their economic might after becoming part of the world market.

I know allegory is kinda boring but it is still interesting thought nonetheless.
I think this poster could have worked better if Vincent based it more of off the imagery used during Earl Browder's presidential campaigns, like this one for example:

Americanism.jpg

Last edited:
Because he aimed his policies at the poor while simultaneously refusing to use race baiting.

He was the relatively least racist candidate so by default he wins. The tallest dwarf.

African Americans in the south IRL generally supported Long. Long didn't indulge in race-baiting and his programs improved Black conditions as well as whites.

Basically they have three options

Long, who didn't indulged racist policies OTL, and that his welfare improved the life of blacks in general even tough he was not a champion of their rights,
Then we have The war powers comitte, that at the very best supports the status quo, that is, keep the segregation, and at the worst wants to federalize it.
Finally we got Pelley, the devil himself.

Geez, Long looks so good right now!

Sabre77

Banned
Does anyone know why Ukraine just randomly drops out of the war against Russia after like a month of fighting?

Guys,I want to present to you my new girlfriend: SHEILA LONG!

She wants to be your queen!
Having her is like being a millionarie!
But if you don't want her, she will belong to others!

6p0NM0A.jpg

Last edited: