Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

oxgzq48fxg451.png

I gonna just leave that this is very overmsimplified, a M2 browning cannot shot down a tactical bomber for example, and this doesn't specify the production of grain on these areas.

that being said, I agree that the CSA is the strongest faction in sheer power.

There's a lot of problems here. First off, manpower assumes that the populations of the territories controlled by each faction are supportive of the faction, when in reality there's going to be hundreds of thousands of refugees, political dissidents, and partisans hindering the war effort. That goes especially for the CSA, which controls a lot of highly conservative rural territories, while their powerbase is explicitly in the industrial cities. As for agriculture, even if that map is accurate to the 1930's, it doesn't give nearly enough information. What about crop output, or type? Regardless, those lands are going to be the site of most of the war's fighting, making it very hard to harvest and distribute crops. For oil, the CSA's reserves are tiny compared to what the other factions can produce, meaning they're going to be fielding a large infantry army against a lot of enemy air power, which brings us to the next part: Sticking a bunch of M2s by a factory is not "air superiority." If it was that easy, Britain would've stopped the Blitz in a matter of days. Which means their factories are going to be bombed into rubble while they can't fuel their air force, negating their industrial advantage at least partially. It's also worth mentioning that since the CSA military, at least at first, is made up of worker's unions, who is running the factories while they're off at the front?

None of this is to say the CSA can't win, nor that it doesn't have considerable strengths, but it's definitely not some unstoppable industrial juggernaut.

Which means their factories are going to be bombed into rubble while they can't fuel their air force, negating their industrial advantage at least partially. It's also worth mentioning that since the CSA military, at least at first, is made up of worker's unions, who is running the factories while they're off at the front?

Yes, people think that the CAS is going to bomb the factory to be shot down with a machine gun. The CAS are made to be used on the frontline against the infantry, the bombs that gonna bomb and firebomb the CSA are tactical bombers that you need to fight using flak, not MGs.

In terms of the rural areas, in theory all of the three other factions can make a play for them to peel them away from the urban reds. Courting Floyd Olson...

Speaking of which, I wonder if anyone's tried to do a simple 2ACW variant where Olson and the Progressives form a Green armies "leave us alone" Midwest fifth faction, to match the number of political parties running in the 1936 presidential election.

In terms of the rural areas, in theory all of the three other factions can make a play for them to peel them away from the urban reds. Courting Floyd Olson...

Speaking of which, I wonder if anyone's tried to do a simple 2ACW variant where Olson and the Progressives form a Green armies "leave us alone" Midwest fifth faction, to match the number of political parties running in the 1936 presidential election.
Makes sense to me. Agrarian populism for a brighter America!

Sabre77

Banned
Yes, people think that the CAS is going to bomb the factory to be shot down with a machine gun. The CAS are made to be used on the frontline against the infantry, the bombs that gonna bomb and firebomb the CSA are tactical bombers that you need to fight using flak, not MGs.

But..but....but....what if, with Mosleyite Super-Science(tm) they builit a giant M2 the size of Rhode Island, and concentrated all the industry next to it, and then just kept firing it constantly? Or what if proletarian aliens give them flying saucers and laser cannons and cloning machinery and books fill of occult rites and the secret to Atlantis? Or what if the Predator shows up and decides to shoot down the bombers with his laser gun?(side note— i read a Predator short story in the anthology that came out a couple years ago which is basically a sequel to Predator 2 but set in Rio, and it is very good. Although it does seem unfair to add the Predator when you have fish that will rip off your face and swim up your private...area...and crash into you and basically just lots and lots of deadly fish).

:rolleyes:

Deleted member 107125

I don't work on Romania, but I do want to note that we try to tread carefully around topics like that because there's a very fine line between highlighting horrific tragedy and creating a path actual neo-nazis and other types will celebrate.
True. While most of us view the slaughter of Jews as an evil, horrific, inhumane act, there is a certain kind of person.
They might be on some weird subs or discord servers, and probably are just a normal guy. But they’re also kinda fashy.
It starts off as an affinity for fascist aesthetics. They like Nazi marches, Cara el Sol, or Rhodesian war songs, and they think the uniforms are sexy.
Then they get in contact with Nazis, or fascists, or “social christians”. They buy a gun.
And the next thing we know, a synagogue is shot up.
Not to say video games cause violence, but if a game or a mod mishandles hateful and virulent ideologies, we get violence
Until it get invaded by Canada and the British Empire *grumbles*
idk man i dont think canada has enough power, especially since india’s basically out of the brit fold
plus if the 3I arent preoccupied with a weltkrieg we can see em helping the csa

So, something interesting is that if you are the Vice King of Mittelafrika as Göring, after Germany loses the war on europe (something they do in 3-6 months on the current path), you can declare independence to prevent being annexed by the mainland government.
It would be interesting if the only german natpop path possible was if this Göring reconquered european germany after this. This could be a late game objective (like playing as the UK now, or interving in europe as the USA).

The only thing I actually like about the India rework plans is that finally, finally, the Dominion of India will stop sending hordes of starving conscripts to die against American machine-guns. That just irks me when it happens as-is.

The only thing I actually like about the India rework plans is that finally, finally, the Dominion of India will stop sending hordes of starving conscripts to die against American machine-guns. That just irks me when it happens as-is.
Just like the AOG sending boatloads of young Chinese before it.

Most of my Mods are letting me in, including Kaiserreich without the India Rework, which is good news as far as I'm concerned, although I've yet to actually try them out yet as I'm doing a vanilla Germany game.

Has anybody tried using multiple HOI IV Mods as inspiration for a single alternate history timeline? This is what I'm doing on Microsoft Word at the Moment, but I've also begun playing Imperator: Rome as well, and may end up using bits from it too.

s9smaxf6la551.png

Seeing this new KR artwork wonder what will happen if CSA went down PRC path.

If same thing that happen to PRC happened to CSA ie economic liberalization. I wonder how good will the CSA play the PRC game such as spread their influence through their economic might after becoming part of the world market.

I know allegory is kinda boring but it is still interesting thought nonetheless.

s9smaxf6la551.png

Seeing this new KR artwork wonder what will happen if CSA went down PRC path.

If same thing that happen to PRC happened to CSA ie economic liberalization. I wonder how good will the CSA play the PRC game such as spread their influence through their economic might after becoming part of the world market.

I know allegory is kinda boring but it is still interesting thought nonetheless.
As I have said elsewhere, this poster is extremely cringe on so many levels. Let's start with the Little Red Book:

Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse-tung originated in the PLA in the direct aftermath of the disastrous Great Leap Forward. Lin Biao, newly promoted Defense Minister after the dismissal of Peng Dehuai, sought to prevent a collapse in morale and promote loyalty among the PLA's mostly peasant conscripts. He embarked on a programme of indoctrinating soldiers with Mao Zedong Thought, of which the Little Red Book eventually became a part, in the Chinese tradition of collections of quotes from sages. It was distributed widely amongst the military with an effusive introduction supposedly written by Lin Biao, and coincided with the national propaganda campaign surrounding Lei Feng. As the Cultural Revolution began, people were often extolled to "learn from the PLA", and the Little Red Book became highly sought after by Maoist students. This led to approval of it being printed for the general public and it proliferated rapidly from there.

An equivalent has no reason to appear in the CSA at all.

Moving on, we see a badge with Browder's face on it, clearly based on the Mao Badge. These did not exist prior to the Cultural Revolution and had no equivalent in the Stalin-era Soviet Union Browder's path is based on, so a "Browder Badge" makes little sense.

Furthermore the signs proclaiming the glory of Totalism are completely out of place in Browder's USAS and even a cursory glance at the CSA's lore would tell you this. The Vanguardists do not identify as Totalists and aren't "Charter Totalists" in the first place, they're Leninists. The signs should be talking about Marxism or Vanguardism instead.

To top all this off, comments by Vincent indicate that Browder is encouraging people to set up backyard furnaces, which again makes little to no sense for a Stalin expy who came to power in the most industrialized country in the whole world! He has no need to carry out an industrialization campaign or try stupid things to increase steel output.

It's just lazy to make such blatant one-to-one comparisons and belays a total lack of understanding on so many levels.

Last edited:
As I have said elsewhere, this poster is extremely cringe on so many levels. Let's start with the Little Red Book:

Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse-tung originated in the PLA in the direct aftermath of the disastrous Great Leap Forward. Lin Biao, newly promoted Defense Minister after the dismissal of Peng Dehuai, sought to prevent a collapse in morale and promote loyalty among the PLA's mostly peasant conscripts. He embarked on a programme of indoctrinating soldiers with Mao Zedong Thought, of which the Little Red Book eventually became a part, in the Chinese tradition of collections of quotes from sages. It was distributed widely amongst the military with an effusive introduction supposedly written by Lin Biao, and coincided with the national propaganda campaign surrounding Lei Feng. As the Cultural Revolution began, people were often extolled to "learn from the PLA", and the Little Red Book became highly sought after by Maoist students. This led to approval of it being printed for the general public and it proliferated rapidly from there.

An equivalent has no reason to appear in the CSA at all.

Moving on, we see a badge with Browder's face on it, clearly based on the Mao Badge. These did not exist prior to the Cultural Revolution and had no equivalent in the Stalin-era Soviet Union Browder's path is based on, so a "Browder Badge" makes little sense.

Furthermore the signs proclaiming the glory of Totalism are completely out of place in Browder's USAS and even a cursory glance at the CSA's lore would tell you this. The Vanguardists do not identify as Totalists and aren't "Charter Totalists" in the first place, they're Leninists. The signs should be talking about Marxism or Vanguardism instead.

To top all this off, comments by Vincent indicate that Browder is encouraging people to set up backyard furnaces, which again makes little to no sense for a Stalin expy who came to power in the most industrialized country in the whole world! He has no need to carry out an industrialization campaign or try stupid things to increase steel output.

It's just lazy to make such blatant one-to-one comparisons and belays a total lack of understanding on so many levels.

Can I post your considerations on the kr reddit?

Sabre77

Banned
Am I doing yet another Russia run?

You bet lol.

Playing as the big bad is just too fun sometimes.

Plus it’s basically the only way the Third Internationale stands a chance.