Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

I would highly recommend the book "The Secret History of Star Wars" by Micheal Kaminsky. It deep dives and focuses on GL's original intentions with the Star Wars Saga BEFORE all the history revision and constant contradictions began happening. It's well written and can be read in a couple of sittings.

How will this impact 3-Mile Island?
I hope they at least inspect the station. It would stop the anti-nuclear sentiment.

Many of the problems with TMI were inherent in the design and construction of the complex, as were most of the "good" parts too. (It melted down but no radiation was released, containment worked much the dissapoinment of the anti-nuclear crowd) Badly designed interfaces and controls for example, (the 'critical' gauge on panel that the operator had to actually stand up to see properly among others) as well as the akward communications flow and lack of cross-level communications, procedural and other faults and lack of training had all been brought to the attention of the proper authoriteis and it WAS beign fixed. Just not swiftly and far too late.

As for anti-nuclear sentiment, by TMI in OTL it was gaining momentum pretty fast. Note that "The China Syndrome" came out the same week TMI happened. But keep in mind the main REASON the anti-nuclear movement got so big so fast was it was the actually a large majority of people who'd made the anti-Vietnam movment a profession and had transfered over to the next "logical" project. TTL I'm not so sure that movement was every that organized or professional?

Randy

With China continuing liberalization and opening up to the West, I have a vague idea about China entering the film industry, where it gains a similar "____wood" status like India's Bollywood and/or releasing animated films like Japan. Perhaps a famous and successful animated adaptation of Journey to the West?

Last edited:
Like, with what Elvis Presley did for Johnny Hallyday, I could imagine a Chinese filmmaker and animator helping bring Journey to the West and/or other famous Asian stories and mythology into the mainstream of the West, like with Japan and anime IOTL. Whenever that happens though might be up for debate, most likely somewhere in the 90s or 00s.

Speaking of which, could we see Japan develop better relations with China and South Korea ITTL? And also, I wonder what the fate of the bootleg industry will be ITTL?

Considering how long Journey to the West is it'd be more well-suited to an animated series than a movie. It's about 1800 pages long.
Yeah probably that, I kinda forgot how long it is, which admittedly is because most of my knowledge of the story comes from Overly Sarcastic Productions.

Last edited:
I also have a few ideas for the X-Men

1.) Issue: The Phoenix came into being as a way to absolve Jean of what she did. Later writers harmonized it into something less idiotic. Jean got a power boost due to being weak and useless in the 60s run.

My Idea: Jean is stronger from the word go, but the Shiar Saga plays out differently. Emperor D’Ken is a more prominent villain in that he’s after the Phoenix and caused the death of Scott’s mom. As such the battle is incredibly personal. We also learn that D’Ken’s mad attempt to claim the power of the Phoenix caused it to be sundered. Jean is either a living shard manifested into human form or gained its power. Jean gains more power defeating D’Ken which sets the stage for the Dark Phoenix saga.

2.) Out of an attempt to have more depth Emma Frost is Xavier’s first student prior to Jean.

3.) Around 1979 Jean gives birth to Rachel Summers, setting up days of future past

Building on 2 I'd have Emma give a bit of backstory. She'd been locked up in the looney bin. Charles found her, got her out, and taught her not to be ashamed of her gifts. Unfortunately she also had a lot of anger at the world or Charles failed to help her in some way, which allowed Shaw to sink his claws into her. Maybe even have her with a child of her own, which adds to the tragic irony that she's basically become her father.

I’m re-watching Rocketman with family right now, and I was wondering if we could get an update on what Elton Hercules John is up to ITTL in a future chapter?

This might be pure guesswork but here's a prediction.

2000 comes along and despite all odds Bush and Gore are both the nominees for election. Karl Rove tries to cast aspersions on Gore's war record; Bush, having gone through hell, catches wind and furiously fires him for using such underhanded tactics.

This might be pure guesswork but here's a prediction.

2000 comes along and despite all odds Bush and Gore are both the nominees for election. Karl Rove tries to cast aspersions on Gore's war record; Bush, having gone through hell, catches wind and furiously fires him for using such underhanded tactics.
But neither man wants to go into politics.

I think George bush is most likely going to be a famous baseball owner then going into politics and in one of the chapters while he was a pow he talked about becoming a baseball owner

You only lived twice will probably play out differently ittl. In this world the us and soviets are working together to try to go to the moon. I’d change it so that Blofeld’s plan is more attacking a summit that will occur in Japan

You only lived twice will probably play out differently ittl. In this world the us and soviets are working together to try to go to the moon. I’d change it so that Blofeld’s plan is more attacking a summit that will occur in Japan
Sounds cool. I wonder how James Bond has changed in Blue Skies