The Beatles Don't Break Up in 1970 - A Timeline

Exactly! Always here to help! Feel free to DM or message any of us right here in this TL in terms of advice or ideas. I know that I have a few.

Thanks guys! Although my problem isn't not having ideas (as I already have several), my problem is continuing the story with no timeline to refer to anymore. I apologize if I didn't make that clear in the last timeline post.

Thanks guys! Although my problem isn't not having ideas (as I already have several), my problem is continuing the story with no timeline to refer to anymore. I apologize if I didn't make that clear in the last timeline post.
How about using Paul McCartney's OTL life from the 70's as a reference point for TTL's timeline? Paul in my opinion was the most active Beatle in the 70's, Have the Beatles record when Paul recorded and have them tour when and where Paul toured more or less but also borrow from the OTL lives of all other musicians you will be using in your TL.
Do this liberally of course so as not to interfere with what you already have planned.

Hope this is of some help.

Also, John's life has been very different TTL. No Yoko = no bed-ins, no Plastic Ono Band, no moving to New York, likely no Lost Weekend...

Also, John's life has been very different TTL. No Yoko = no bed-ins, no Plastic Ono Band, no moving to New York, likely no Lost Weekend...
Another reason why I think Paul's OTL life would be a good reference point for TTL, George's life ITTL is also quite different, Ringo's not so much but while Paul's life is also different it's not so different that it can't be used for a rough timeline.
Just my two cents.

Last edited:
January 1971 - April 1971
It appears I totally missed the birth of Ringo's third child, so here is the date which I'll be editing into the appropriate TL post:

November 11, 1970 - Lee Starkey is born to Richard (Ringo) and Maureen Starkey at Queen Charlotte's Hospital in London.

And now, let's continue:

January 23, 1971
- Ringo Starr appears on an interview show on BBC TV in which he discusses his activities during the break from recording, including his film work. When asked whether the group will return to touring, Ringo simply says they've heavily discussed it and that a tour within the next couple of years isn't out of the question.

February 10, 1971 - John and Paul meet at the Apple headquarters to discuss plans for the group's next album.

February 12, 1971 - "Come And Get It" b/w "Two Of Us" is released in the UK as Apple R 5885. This is the group's second (and last) single release during the break. Paul's version of the song sells very well but isn't as popular as Badfinger's version. The single tops out at #8 on the UK Singles chart.

February 16, 1971 - "Come And Get It" b/w "Two Of Us" is released in the US as Apple 3052. The single becomes their first US single to chart outside of the Top Ten in years, peaking at #14 in Billboard.

March 16, 1971 - The Beatles strike out at the Grammy Awards as Simon & Garfunkel take home the Album and Record of the Year awards for the Bridge Over Troubled Water album and it's title track respectively. John reportedly reacts by saying "I can't believe we lost to a bloody folk duo."

April 5, 1971 - In a highly publicized event, The Beatles return to Abbey Road studios to begin recording their next album which is slated to be released early next year. Note: Title ideas, anyone?

Alright, I think I'm getting the hang of this.

Yeah, their lackluster 1970 just might provide them the motivation to go back into the studio and bang out a new one.

As for a title, do you know what tracks will make it TTL?

CCR, Lomax, Hopkin, and Aphrodite's Child all have albums in 1971 (AC finished recording in 1971, but in OTL it wasnxt released until 1972, after the band had already broken up, on a seperate label, because their label didn't understand the record. ITTL, the record would not be delayed, and would most likely be a massive and influential hit, due to it being on Apple.), so remember that, KK?

I've now changed the third George Harrison song on Let It Be to "The Art Of Dying" since after some thought I'd like to have "My Sweet Lord" be on All Things Must Pass (or Imagine) like it was in OTL.

I've now changed the third George Harrison song on Let It Be to "The Art Of Dying" since after some thought I'd like to have "My Sweet Lord" be on All Things Must Pass (or Imagine) like it was in OTL.
Will it still sound like He's So Fine (which, may I add, it really, really doesn't let's be honest. That lawsuit was overblown)

Will it still sound like He's So Fine (which, may I add, it really, really doesn't let's be honest. That lawsuit was overblown)

Yes, it will be pretty much the same song. The melody pattern is similar to He's So Fine, but the song as a whole is not similar enough to warrant a lawsuit in my opinion (which might still happen ITTL). By the way, George wrote a song about the lawsuit called "This Song"

Yes, it will be pretty much the same song. The melody pattern is similar to He's So Fine, but the song as a whole is not similar enough to warrant a lawsuit in my opinion (which might still happen ITTL). By the way, George wrote a song about the lawsuit called "This Song"
It's not a tricky song, not that bright a song, not tryna win gold medals.