Proposed flags that were never adopted thread

I hope that was just an unfortunate coincidence
Me, I think it was a joke, an edgy one at that (though he could have gone for the "gorillion" part); I know some may argue otherwise but the thing is jokes are jokes, and jokes are subjective. Frankly though it could have been worse or more edgy but whatever I'm not here to see this turned into a thread were people get offended over some edgy joke (same with helicopter ride ones); not that you should find them funny or anything.

The German Nordic Cross flag proposed by the CDU in 1948:
image.gif

Post-WW2 Germany seems to be obsessed with Nordic cross flags:

image.gif

image.gif

Crazy Boris

Banned
cf_76.gif

Proposed CAR flag from 1976 following Bokassa's brief conversion to Islam, the idea of changing it was scrapped when he declared himself emperor.

Crazy Boris

Banned
za!27af.gif
za!comt3.gif

I've heard a lot of people say that the 1928 flag of South Africa, the one with three little flags on it, is ugly, I personally think it's an alright design, especially considering that these were two of the alternatives.

I've heard a lot of people say that the 1928 flag of South Africa, the one with three little flags on it, is ugly, I personally think it's an alright design, especially considering that these were two of the alternatives.

Yeesh! That checkerboard flag feels like a shitpost from one of us on the site. :p

Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China_%28draft_1%29.svg

A very US-y proposed ROC flag.

Proposed_PRC_national_flags_005.jpg

My favourite proposed PRC flag. Looking kinda Soviet, but I can't quite pinpoint how.

Proposed_flag_for_Hong_Kong_SAR_010.jpg

And a retro-futuristic flag for Hong Kong.

Australia:
640px-Melbourne_Evening_Herald_flag_%28red%29.svg.png

The winning design of the Melbourne Herald's flag design competition, held in 1900. Entries were required to include the Union Jack and Southern Cross.

All i'm thinking when i see that is Hawaii. Granted, it is better than our current flag to be fair.

I still think this was the best proposal for Australia. Granted it might just be because I like thin stripes at or near the bottom of solidly colored flags.
Wayne_Stokes_Proposal_for_Australia.svg.png

I'm extremely biased, but I think Texas has an excellent flag. It ... was not a sure thing.

NZhbmjV.png

By a law passed shortly after the revolution, this was the first national standard of Texas. I don't think many existed in reality.

ccgU9AG.png

This was the proposal from the new Republic of Texas's General Convention. After the original design was submitted, someone was like "What about a rainbow? I like rainbows!!" and someone else was like "Put another, smaller star!" and someone else was like "What if we forget what country we're in? Put the name on there!"

But after that everyone learned their lesson about busy flags with confusing symbolism psych they did not.

HXS33kR.png

This was Stephen F. Austin's flag proposal, which someone apparently, rightfully, tried to burn. It's hard to tell, but this Hawaii style flag is red, white, and green, meaning to incorporate American, British, and Mexican symbolism.

I know what you're thinking. Not complicated enough. Well my boy Steve has got you covered with this later revision.

fKEyZWx.png

Yes, it is the disembodied head of some kind of anime George Washington now replacing the star, with no less than three legends. Above him, 'WASHINGTON' and 'Where liberty dwells there is my country,' below 'In his example there is safety'. They also wanted to make the background of the Union Jack yellow, for reasons. Steve, you're drunk, give me the keys.