Proposed flags that were never adopted thread

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say we love flags. National flags, state flags, the flags we make ourselves, you name it, people love flags.

Nations throughout history have long been recognized by their flags. For example, the Soviets had the familiar flag with a red background and hammer and sickle, the Nazis had their infamous swastika-emblazoned flag.

But I think it's important to recognize the fact that many flags have been proposed, but were never approved. That's what this thread is for.

It's simple. Post whatever proposed flags for any nation or group that you find interesting. Before anyone asks, flags for groups or nations that don't exist anymore are also allowed. Please provide some background for them, if you are able to.

Let's get started.

1280px-Proposed_designs_for_the_Confederate_flag_1862.jpg

These are actual flag proposals for the Confederate States of America, including the Stars and Bars, which they, of course, eventually approved. No, I have no idea why the purple flags are emblazoned with a standard that looks like a rip off of the British royal standard. If someone can give me some background on the purple flags, that'd be welcome.

es~1759.gif

This was the Spanish War Ensign from 1759-1785. King Charles III wasn't a fan of how not unique it was, so he decided that it was due for a changing. These were the proposed flags to become the new Spanish War Ensign:
es!1785a.gif
es!1785b.gif
es!1785c.gif

es!1785d.gif
es!1785e.gif
es!1785f.gif

es!1785g.gif
es!1785h.gif
es!1785i.gif

es!1785j.gif
es!1785l.gif
es!1785x.gif

King Charles III ended up choosing the first one.

es~1759.gif

This was the Spanish War Ensign from 1759-1785. King Charles III wasn't a fan of how not unique it was, so he decided that it was due for a changing. These were the proposed flags to become the new Spanish War Ensign:
es!1785a.gif
es!1785b.gif
es!1785c.gif

es!1785d.gif
es!1785e.gif
es!1785f.gif

es!1785g.gif
es!1785h.gif
es!1785i.gif

es!1785j.gif
es!1785l.gif
es!1785x.gif

King Charles III ended up choosing the first one.

Kinda weird to think that had he chosen any of the other flag the current one would be completely different.

Spain with a nordic cross, think about it.

I also want to include the proposed flags of Israel.

Some include a Menorah:
il!bh44.gif
il!bh57.gif

il!bh60.gif
il!bv61.gif

Others included a Magen David:
il!bh49.gif
il!bh50.gif
il!bh51.gif
il!bh55.gif
il!bh56.gif
il!bh71.gif
il!sv72a.gif

Others tried to fit in as many stars as possible:

il!jerpost.gif

Others tried to include even more stars:
il!bv62a.gif
il!bv62b.gif
il!sv631.gif
il!bh65.gif
il!bv66.gif

And then there are the crazy ones:
il!sv68.gif
il!bh70.gif

(There are about 6 million more proposed Israeli flags)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say we love flags. National flags, state flags, the flags we make ourselves, you name it, people love flags.

Nations throughout history have long been recognized by their flags. For example, the Soviets had the familiar flag with a red background and hammer and sickle, the Nazis had their infamous swastika-emblazoned flag.

But I think it's important to recognize the fact that many flags have been proposed, but were never approved. That's what this thread is for.

It's simple. Post whatever proposed flags for any nation or group that you find interesting. Before anyone asks, flags for groups or nations that don't exist anymore are also allowed. Please provide some background for them, if you are able to.

Let's get started.

1280px-Proposed_designs_for_the_Confederate_flag_1862.jpg

These are actual flag proposals for the Confederate States of America, including the Stars and Bars, which they, of course, eventually approved. No, I have no idea why the purple flags are emblazoned with a standard that looks like a rip off of the British royal standard. If someone can give me some background on the purple flags, that'd be welcome.

At a guess the standard seems to show the English/British, French and Spanish coats of arms which I guess is an allusion to the history of the areas that made up the CSA (former British colonies, former Spanish colonies and former French colonies).

At a guess the standard seems to show the English/British, French and Spanish coats of arms which I guess is an allusion to the history of the areas that made up the CSA (former British colonies, former Spanish colonies and former French colonies).
If that is the case then i wonder why america is not repersented in the standered

Australia:
640px-Melbourne_Evening_Herald_flag_%28red%29.svg.png

The winning design of the Melbourne Herald's flag design competition, held in 1900. Entries were required to include the Union Jack and Southern Cross.

Australia:

The winning design of the Melbourne Herald's flag design competition, held in 1900. Entries were required to include the Union Jack and Southern Cross.
Dear lord that's awful.:eek: Judges obviously pissed as newts if that won. Which would explain so much about the Herald;) The US flag, the UK flag with the southern cross tacked in for for measure. What dogs breakfast.

4546E9F6-5A72-4FD4-9494-8E0AD6A10564.png
Dear lord that's awful.:eek: Judges obviously pissed as newts if that won. Which would explain so much about the Herald;) The US flag, the UK flag with the southern cross tacked in for for measure. What dogs breakfast.

You think that’s bad, just look at this early flag from the American Revolution...