Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Are there ever "Map of the Month" contests? I'm a slow worker so two weeks is never enough for me. :)

There is usually one map of the month contest toward the end of the year, we just finished one yesterday. So you may have to wait until the end of 2019.

Although I guess if enough people agree to it more could happen.

Are there ever "Map of the Month" contests? I'm a slow worker so two weeks is never enough for me. :)

As others have pointed out, they do happen occasionally, usually at times of the year when people are likely to be busy with other things. The winter holiday season is one, and I've been thinking about doing one in the August/September timeframe as well, when the school year starts up.

In the meantime, I'd encourage you to give it a try anyway! You might find that you get faster with practice, or you might be able to repurpose a map for a later round if you don't finish in time. (Or, for that matter, rounds often get extended to a third week if there are no initial entries. :p)

To clarify on round 189: the empire depicted does not have to be a literal Empire; non-monarchical forms of government are permitted.

Congratulations to @TheKutKu for winning MotM 6 with a spectacular map of New England! Thank you to all our contestants for this round - I was impressed by each of the entries. A special thank you as well to @Mako-Tochan, @SRegan, and @Kanan for allowing their works to be used.

For MotF 189, I see we have one very intriguing entry already; has anyone else got one in progress? There's still about a week left to enter.

Also, some possible topics for MotF 190:

To the Strongest
- Make a map showing the aftermath of a disputed succession or succession crisis

Bread and Circuses - Make a map related to food or entertainment.

So Far From God, So Close to ______ - Make a map showing a country, state, or city overshadowed by a neighbor.

If you like one of these, or have other ideas for a future round, let me know here in the main thread!

So Far From God, So Close to ______ - Make a map showing a country, state, or city overshadowed by a neighbor.

If you like one of these, or have other ideas for a future round, let me know here in the main thread!

This idea seems so cool ! Do you think you'll add more conditions to the map ?

I've got an entry in the works. Sort of sad someone already included a Polynesian example, but I have a back-up plan for just this eventuality.