1848 if Buren won his home state of New York

Lewis Cass - 123 electoral votes / 35.5 percent popular vote
Zachary Taylor - 109 electoral votes / 42.3 percent popular vote
Martin Buren - 58 electoral votes / 22.1 percent popular vote

Attachments

• Screenshot (45).png
    Screenshot (45).png
    295.3 KB · Views: 220
That is the last one of the home state maps. Now is the question. I think I am going to do a full fledged timeline now. What would you want it to be of?

uk less constituencies.png

Alternate UK Parliament constituencies in a world where Ireland remains in the UK. AV is used to elect members from districts electing 1 to 3 members.
E: 40
E Midlands: 32
Ireland: 43 (4 in Connacht, 17 in Leinster, 8 in Munster, 14 in Ulster)
London: 51 (31 north of Thames, 20 south of Thames)
NE: 49
NW: 19
Scotland: 40
SE: 60
SW: 39
Wales: 23
W Midlands: 39
Yorkshire: 37
Others: 2 (Channel Islands, Isle of Man)
474 seats in total
238 seats needed for a majority

Last edited:
If you go to the 1912 election wikipedia page and go to each state's individual pages it should show that
I don't think it does. I could maybe go to the individual county pages but that would be very time consuming so I'm not sure if I will. If I do, I'll probably try and show how every county where Debs got over 10% voted in the 2016 D primary.

I don't think it does. I could maybe go to the individual county pages but that would be very time consuming so I'm not sure if I will. If I do, I'll probably try and show how every county where Debs got over 10% voted in the 2016 D primary.

I decided to check, they have results by county

1972 if Wallace won the nomination:

Nixon vs Wallace vs a liberal third party candidate:
View attachment 408634

No third party candidates:
View attachment 408635

Considering Wallace had been a rabid segregationist just 4 years earlier, and still hadn't fully renounced his past views by '72, as well as the fact that Nixon was an extremely popular incumbent presiding over a decent economy, I'd say the map would be more like this (without third parties)

genusmap.php

Nixon wins the black vote easily and wins DC as well. He also becomes the first Republican since Calvin Coolidge to win Boston and NYC. basically Wallace has very little appeal beyond the Deep South, and would have plausibly done worse than McGovern in both the Electoral College and (definitely) the PV.

Considering Wallace had been a rabid segregationist just 4 years earlier, and still hadn't fully renounced his past views by '72, as well as the fact that Nixon was an extremely popular incumbent presiding over a decent economy, I'd say the map would be more like this (without third parties)

genusmap.php

Nixon wins the black vote easily and wins DC as well. He also becomes the first Republican since Calvin Coolidge to win Boston and NYC. basically Wallace has very little appeal beyond the Deep South, and would have plausibly done worse than McGovern in both the Electoral College and (definitely) the PV.
While I MOSTLY agree with you, D.C would vote for Satan/Stalin if they were Democrats. Wallace will only win 60-low 70% of the vote there but he’ll still win

Status
Not open for further replies.