Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another One, enjoy!

KABOOM!

(That's the sound of your map blowing mine out of the water. :biggrin: )

Seriously, excellent as always. My one quibble is that I think there still was a chunk of independent Bosnia left in 1460. The final battle wasn't until 1463, and even after that a small slice remained under Hungarian sovereignty a while longer.

KABOOM!

(That's the sound of your map blowing mine out of the water. :biggrin: )

Seriously, excellent as always. My one quibble is that I think there still was a chunk of independent Bosnia left in 1460. The final battle wasn't until 1463, and even after that a small slice remained under Hungarian sovereignty a while longer.

Thanks! Yeah, that was one decision i made with the conquests of the ottomans in that time. there were also quarrel on Morea and to depict Albania just with "Local Rulers" has bothered me - but i didn't found any good reference maps...and the same for Bosnia. I might change it, as there are still small mistakes.

IMG_1334.png

Hypothetical African Federation consisting of all current African Union members and their maximum territorial claims (when those don't conflict with other members).

The African Federation is a secular multiparty democracy consisting of 55 states with their capitol in Addis Ababa. A multiple capitol system along the South African model was strongly considered with Cape Town, Dakar, and Cairo being favoured by those states and their immediate neighbours but overall it was decided that for the sake of efficiency (flying across the largest country in the world takes a long time) there needed to be one capitol city. They have a mid-range GDP per-capita and relatively low military spending (only one small land border to defend) mainly focused on their navy. Corruption around the continent is similar to the level it is at in Botswana now and there are no ongoing rebellions.

And here's the a map for South America based on the same qualifications.
IMG_1335.png

e9ix0n0ujj811.jpg

Hello! Something other than Thousand week reich for a change.
So this is based on Major Crimson's timeline on AH.com, you should read it, it's really good(https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...the-european-federal-election-of-2019.423671/), i tried to fill some blanks, and i'm satisfied by the results, You can read more about the world here(https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...-election-of-2019.423671/page-8#post-15598242) and there is a world map here(https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/attachments/upload_2017-9-15_10-56-25-png.344084/).

I want to thank u/erinthecute for the inspiration for the style, she makes some excellent map, you should see them if you haven't!

Here's a larger version. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/231529548884344852/465173591819026443/DaughterOfElysiumFinal.jpg

Why do people keep missing Anglesey from maps of Europe?

Otherwise, awesome.

EDIT: also, IIRC, the UK also includes a bunch of overseas territories in Daughters of Elysium.

Lusitania

Donor
025575340a81927d3bd392e432230ce4-dcgida4.jpg

Another One, enjoy!

Edit: Corrected one small mistake - forgot to label the Ottomans - changed it in the original file over on DeviantArt
Very beautiful map. Wondering what happening in Portugal that thevportuguese have not conquered Ceuta in 1415 as iOTL.

kreiviskai

Banned
the_void___final_version___2284_by_kreiviskai-dcgh6o5.png

(Crossposting from FH Maps thread)
World map for 2284 year by my "the Void" setting.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/448a/...inal_version___2284_by_kreiviskai-dcgh6o5.png (dunno why its doesnt upload correctly)

An short approximate timeline (full wil be soon):
2020-2040 - Eastexit. The extinction of Europe, the US and Russia as superpowers. The nuclear conflict between Saudi Arabia and Israel caused an unprecedented energy crisis. The economic growth of the Philippines, Ghana, Nigeria, Brazil, India and Kenya. Chinese peacekeeping operations in Afghanistan, Somalia and Congo. Economic cooperation between African and Middle Eastern countries with China. Establishment of Pax Sinica. The collapse of Ethiopia.
2040-2080 - the formation of federal states in South America, Africa and Asia. The USA fighting with left-wing extremist movements in Central and South America. The beginning of global cooling.
2084 - Nuclear Conflict between the Association of East Asian Self-Protection (Japan, India, Indochina Union, Philippines, KR, South Korea and Singapore) and the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (Pakistan, China, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, DPRK, Myanmar). The military defeat of the PRC, the feud between the military and civilian governments of the PRC. The transition of the southern regions of China is under the control of the Republic of China. Collapse of the DR Congo.
2090-2120 - cooling of the climate due to the temperature minimum and nuclear autumn in some regions of the planet. The military's coup in the US, the federal government's escape to Hawaii. Battles between Indians and Pakis in England, loss of state control over London and many large cities. Escape of the royal family to Australia. The introduction of a quota system in public administration in the European Union. The beginning of the remote terraforming of Mars.
2151 - the collapse of the Russian Republic. White people of European origin now are a minority. The beginning of the active space colonization. Creation of the first permanent settlements on Mars.
2155-2190 - "gathering" of the Russian land. Formation of the Third Russian Republic. The collapse of Indonesia. The Russo-Chinese War, the defeat of northern China, return of the Russian territories of the Urals, Siberia and the Far East. Accession by the Republic of China to northern China and Manchuria. Russian-Indian-Japanese War. Defeat of Japan, the establishment of the Republic of Japan and the Republic of Hokkaido.
2234 - The first economy of the world now is West African Union.
2200-2284 - the formation of states and dependent territories on Mars and in the Solar System.
2256 - first contact with extraterrestrial sentient life.

The Void is like-cosmoopera, and therefore there are wormholes and artificial gravity (conscientiously limited to 0.851739223 ... G on small and medium space vessels) for beauty's sake.
BUT
- Cybernetics - is limited, its because expensive and difficult to operate.
- Spaceships flies on thermonuclear rocket engines, but fighting in space is reduced to spam missiles and electronic warfare.
- There are no ww2-like spacefighters but there are orbital planes for action in the atmosphere of planets.
- A significant number of private large space stations, in fact, in space ruled by anarcho-capitalism and corporatocracy.
- Digital Chinese women and j-pop in every home, because it is a mass culture now. Slightly being replaced by african-origin mass culture.
- White Europeans outside the provincial regions of Russia, the Visegrad Confederation, Australasia and the post-UK republics are a rarity.

Last edited:
025575340a81927d3bd392e432230ce4-dcgida4.jpg

Another One, enjoy!

Edit: Corrected one small mistake - forgot to label the Ottomans - changed it in the original file over on DeviantArt
One tiny thing I see - Stavanger should be on that little peninsula rather than in the bay (Gandsfjorden).
(By the way, your maps are absolutely amazing.)

kreiviskai

Banned
Why are White Europeans so rare? Who inhabits most of the US and Western Europe?
From 2020 to 2284 there was slow metisation between various races and phenotypes. (By "White Europeans" I meant like "clear white", ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶c̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶l̶s̶ )
Most of US inhabited by descedants of (suprisingly) Americans (of every color and race) and various immigrants of spanish, arab, african and european origin.
Western Europe inhabited by descedants of Europeans and Africans, Arabs, Berbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.