What if all countries had to use flags with canton and stripes ?

Brunei

brun-c&s.png

iran. like on the OTL one, the sentence "Allahu Akbar" written in kuffic script is repeated 22 times symbolising the call to revolution made on 22 Bahman.

iran-c&s.png

Can I ask what these represent? I get the stymbols but the lines are flying over my head.

South Korea: The 4 clusters of lines on the fly side are the same trigrams found on the South Korean flags. They represent balance and are associated with various universal groups of four: the four elements, the four seasons, etc... The U-bend black lines at the bottom hoist are there strictly for aesthetic purpose. I wanted the bottom clusters to extend to the hoist to create the virtual canton above but extending the bottom trigrams themselves would have gone against the idea of the 4 trigrams being equals.

North Korea: the symbolism is basically the same as OTL with the blue bands representing unity and the red, patriotism. In this design, the presence of 3 bands instead of one represents the juche concept of society being composed of 3 distinct but equal classes: peasant, worker and samuwon (intellectuals/professionals).

Last edited: