What if all countries had to use flags with canton and stripes ?

The design looks good but considering there's 2 stars displayed, the country is in the Caribbean and according to wikipedia the largest ethnic group identify with its south-asian ancestry, I feel like I may be misunderstanding something.
It was a reference to an old Trini song, though I suppose it is not appropriate for this particular flag

The design looks good but considering there's 2 stars displayed, the country is in the Caribbean and according to wikipedia the largest ethnic group identify with its south-asian ancestry, I feel like I may be misunderstanding something.

I suspect the two stars would better represent the two islands, given their respective sizes and positions.

It was a reference to an old Trini song, though I suppose it is not appropriate for this particular flag

fair enough. I like the off-centred 2 stars though if, like analytical engine mentioned, it represents the islands. normally having different sizes of a repeated element would visually imply that what they represent are not equal but by putting them like you did, the smaller size of the top one is compensated by its dominant position. Since flags are "read" like text, you might want to flip them horizontally to emphasise that aspect even more.

UAE:
Seven stripes for each emirate. Yellow star for Islam, with the yellow coming from the Emirates' old emblem:
uae.png

Knowing us, the stripes would stay the same, but the canton would be the state seal

it would make sense from a symbolic point of view: the stripes represent states only in term of the number at the time of the founding of the country so that displaying them can be taken to show a state joining with the original 13. Since the canton of the national flag changes each time a new states joins, this represent only the current status of the country and its institutions so that having the canton of a state contain a symbol specific to it represent its existence as a distinct entity.

Meanwhile, My old country, Belgium:
1) Royal banner of Belgium, adopted 1833
belgiumflag1.gif

1a) Streaming banner of the Belgian Military, also used on military uniforms.
Unofficially, the 'speedy' design is very popular to paint on bicycles, racing cars and other 'fast' vehicles. In this case, the tail is often stretched out over the complete length of the vehicle.
belgiumflag1a.gif

2) Federal community of Flanders,
Adopted 1980 on reorganizing of the 9 provinces into the Flemish and Walloon Federal States and the Brussels Capital District
belgiumflag2.gif

2a) 'Skinny' version of the Flanders banner, commonly used on the bottom of road signs and on Flemish police cars
belgiumflag3.gif

3) Federal community of the Wallonie
belgiumflag4.gif

4) Flag of the Brussels Capital District.
The 19 bars represent the 'council of the 19 cities' that form the Greater Brussels district. No one knows when or why the statue of the pissing boy became the symbol of the city, except that it is something 'typically Brusselleers'
belgiumflag5.gif

5) Unofficial banner of the 1968 street protest...
belgiumflag1b.gif

Enjoy...