Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
genusmap.php

Jf7sPMw.jpg

Sherrod Brown (D-OH)/Doug Jones (D-AL) 537 electoral votes, 73.02% popular vote
David Duke (R-LA)/Stephen Bannon (R-NY) 1 electoral vote, 20.93% popular vote

The closest state is Wyoming, which Brown wins 46.88-43.17. Duke narrowly wins Nebraska's 3rd Congressional District, but loses every other state and district by double digits, except for West Virginia which he only loses by about 8%. Brown wins every state and congressional district other than Wyoming and NE-3 with at least 50% of the vote, third parties take about 6%, an unexpectedly low share compared to pre-election polls, which showed Libertarian Austin Petersen cracking double digits and Green Party candidate Rosanne Barr getting as much as 7% of the popular vote. in the end, nearly all Democrats, Independents, and a plurality of Republicans came home to the Democratic ticket with the threat of a Neo-Nazi and accused pedophile being in the White House. Next, I'll do a 50-state GOP landslide.

Last edited:

Bad Company

Banned
genusmap.php

Jf7sPMw.jpg

David Duke (D-LA)/Stephen Bannon (R-NY) 1 electoral vote, 20.93% popular vote

The closest state is Wyoming, which Brown wins 46.88-43.17. Duke narrowly wins Nebraska's 3rd Congressional District, but loses every other state and district by double digits, except for West Virginia which he only loses by about 8%. Brown wins every state and congressional district other than Wyoming and NE-3 with at least 50% of the vote, third parties take about 6%, an unexpectedly low share compared to pre-election polls, which showed Libertarian Austin Petersen cracking double digits and Green Party candidate Rosanne Barr getting as much as 7% of the popular vote. in the end, nearly all Democrats, Independents, and a plurality of Republicans came home to the Democratic ticket with the threat of a Neo-Nazi and accused pedophile being in the White House. Next, I'll do a 50-state GOP landslide.

The Dem ticket would probably have to be something like Harvey Weinstein/Bill Jefferson.

genusmap.php

Jf7sPMw.jpg

David Duke (R-LA)/Stephen Bannon (R-NY) 1 electoral vote, 20.93% popular vote

I doubt the GOP ticket would even get 20%. More like 9%.

Polarization is too intense for a major party nominee to only get 9% in a Presidential election, even if that nominee was literally Hitler or literally Stalin, and frankly, I think the higher ups in the GOP would probably stick behind Duke, so long as he doesn't openly state his more extreme views or tries to sugar coat them, which I assume he would if he has half a brain.

Polarization is too intense for a major party nominee to only get 9% in a Presidential election, even if that nominee was literally Hitler or literally Stalin, and frankly, I think the higher ups in the GOP would probably stick behind Duke, so long as he doesn't openly state his more extreme views or tries to sugar coat them, which I assume he would if he has half a brain.
You had many major Republicans telling Trump to step down after pussygate. The Republican establishment would at least quietly endorse some alternative conservative candidate like McMuffin or the Libertarian nominee, if only so they won't be accused of supporting a former member of the KKK.

You had many major Republicans telling Trump to step down after pussygate. The Republican establishment would at least quietly endorse some alternative conservative candidate like McMuffin or the Libertarian nominee, if only so they won't be accused of supporting a former member of the KKK.
Which proves my point, since nearly all of them re-endorsed him by election day. Tribalism is one hell of a drug.

See, normally, I'd agree, that an open white supremacist, felon, alleged pedophile, former member of the American Nazi Party, Klansman, supporter of the Iranian regime, presidential candidate for a made-up party in 1988 that was so crazy that it made Boseph Fucking Gritz leave that party until 1992, at this point however, I say he's getting at least 40% of the republican vote, because I have lost faith in that party to make even moderately decent moral choices

No 12th Amendment

1988map.png

Map shows the candidate with the most electoral votes in each state. In states where there are ties, all candidates tied for the most electoral votes are shown.

1988 Presidential Election
George Bush - 243 electoral votes
Michael Dukakis - 160 electoral votes

Bob Dole - 159 electoral votes
Jesse Jackson - 157 electoral votes
Dick Gephardt - 105 electoral votes
Al Gore - 95 electoral votes

Pat Robertson - 61 electoral votes
Paul Simon - 29 electoral votes
Jack Kemp - 19 electoral votes
Alexander Haig - 12 electoral votes
Joe Biden - 5 electoral votes
Gary Hart - 5 electoral votes

Paul Laxalt - 5 electoral votes
Pete du Pont - 5 electoral votes
Bruce Babbitt - 4 electoral votes
Pat Schroeder - 3 electoral votes
Harold Stassen - 3 electoral votes
Doug Applegate - 2 electoral votes
Ron Paul - 2 electoral votes
Jim Traficant - 2 electoral votes

No 12th Amendment

View attachment 381533

Map shows the candidate with the most electoral votes in each state. In states where there are ties, all candidates tied for the most electoral votes are shown.

1988 Presidential Election
George Bush - 243 electoral votes
Michael Dukakis - 160 electoral votes

Bob Dole - 159 electoral votes
Jesse Jackson - 157 electoral votes
Dick Gephardt - 105 electoral votes
Al Gore - 95 electoral votes

Pat Robertson - 61 electoral votes
Paul Simon - 29 electoral votes
Jack Kemp - 19 electoral votes
Alexander Haig - 12 electoral votes
Joe Biden - 5 electoral votes
Gary Hart - 5 electoral votes

Paul Laxalt - 5 electoral votes
Pete du Pont - 5 electoral votes
Bruce Babbitt - 4 electoral votes
Pat Schroeder - 3 electoral votes
Harold Stassen - 3 electoral votes
Doug Applegate - 2 electoral votes
Ron Paul - 2 electoral votes
Jim Traficant - 2 electoral votes

What is the 12th amendment?

What is the 12th amendment?

The US 12th Amendment makes it so that the President and Vice President must be voted for separately by the presidential electors. Previously, each elector had two votes for President. The 12th also changed provisions for the contingent election if no one gets a majority of the EVs, so that the top three presidential candidates could be voted on in the House, and top two VP candidates in the Senate.

Previously, if no one got a majority, the House could choose from the top 5 vote-getters, and whoever had the most EVs after the Presidential selection became VP.

You can read more here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelfth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

So, unless I have it wrong, it looks like this election goes to the House, which, unless everything else has changed dramatically, likely means either Dukakis or Gephardt wins the Presidency, with Bush becoming VP. Personally, given his connections to Congress, Gephardt's probably the favored candidate, although electing the 5th-placed candidate probably won't go over too well.

The US 12th Amendment makes it so that the President and Vice President must be voted for separately by the presidential electors. Previously, each elector had two votes for President. The 12th also changed provisions for the contingent election if no one gets a majority of the EVs, so that the top three presidential candidates could be voted on in the House, and top two VP candidates in the Senate.

Previously, if no one got a majority, the House could choose from the top 5 vote-getters, and whoever had the most EVs after the Presidential selection became VP.

You can read more here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelfth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

So, unless I have it wrong, it looks like this election goes to the House, which, unless everything else has changed dramatically, likely means either Dukakis or Gephardt wins the Presidency, with Bush becoming VP. Personally, given his connections to Congress, Gephardt's probably the favored candidate, although electing the 5th-placed candidate probably won't go over too well.
I should’ve pointed out that ITTL an amendment was passed so that the top vote-getter would be elected President, so there’s no more majority requirement, just a plurality. Bush ends up President with Dukakis as his VP.

You can read more here:

Cheers.

I should’ve pointed out that ITTL an amendment was passed so that the top vote-getter would be elected President, so there’s no more majority requirement, just a plurality. Bush ends up President with Dukakis as his VP.

An interesting combination but at least it saves us from Quayle.

I've been looking at the ideological caucuses in Congress and using them, I've been coming up with a multiparty USA. I'm toying with the idea of having 3 Senate seats for every state. I'd like your opinions please?

I've been looking at the ideological caucuses in Congress and using them, I've been coming up with a multiparty USA. I'm toying with the idea of having 3 Senate seats for every state. I'd like your opinions please?

Yes, please! Having each state having one senator up for election every year is a good strategy.

A twist on a stale classic: the 1972 election Howard Baker (R) vs. Antonio James Manchin (D)

VooIbe8.png
My uncle once found A. James Manchin passed out drunk on the bleachers of his high school’s baseball field when he and his friends went down there to hang out one weekend. True story.

Status
Not open for further replies.