Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my entry for the third telephone map contest over on Althistoria, which you can find here. Basically, it takes place after a crusade on the Song Dynasty, after which Crusade States are set up on the coast. Enjoy! :)

cadavre_exquis__3___christianized_china_by_upvoteanthology-dbdag0j.png

Is that a communist Virginia?

No...it's more dictatorial than that, but everyones used to it.

Interesting! I have doubts about he straight line borders west of the Appalachians actually remaining in place, however, and, unless Virginia is communist, I suggest you change the color to avoid confusion. Similarly, I'm not sure if Florida has the capacity to survive as as a state in this time period. I wouldn't be surprised if Georgia took it over.

Have the French completely avoided Italy?

And is South America going to look like that of have you not touched it yet?

Yea changing the colour of Virginia, the borders of Florida. Reason thats still independent is British protection and working on the Russian Alaska/British Northern territories.
France did steamroll through Italy, but when they were pushed out, the borders were greatly changed. Murat still rules Naples, a smaller Papal states/republic, a independent Romagna, etc.
Working on Central and South America now, and gonna try finish Europe before tackling Africa and Eurasia. Oceania im thinking wont be that different to otl for most.

This is my entry for the third telephone map contest over on Althistoria, which you can find here. Basically, it takes place after a crusade on the Song Dynasty, after which Crusade States are set up on the coast. Enjoy! :)

Odd choice of Latin names.

Septentrionalis should mean "north". Which makes Mungaesis Septentrionalis oddly placed at best.

Yea changing the colour of Virginia, the borders of Florida. Reason thats still independent is British protection and working on the Russian Alaska/British Northern territories.
France did steamroll through Italy, but when they were pushed out, the borders were greatly changed. Murat still rules Naples, a smaller Papal states/republic, a independent Romagna, etc.
Working on Central and South America now, and gonna try finish Europe before tackling Africa and Eurasia. Oceania im thinking wont be that different to otl for most.
Ah, thanks!

The Florida thing makes more sense, but I question why the British would prop it up.

I'll admit I'm not familiar with Italian borders so thanks for clarifying.

This was going to be my MOTF 158 entry, but I screwed up and missed the deadline:

the_anglo_portuguese_union_by_reagentah-dbdaw2m.png

The basic summary of this is that Infante Luís of Portugal, Duke of Beja and Mary Tudor are married in 1528 (as was proposed, but ultimately fell through). As part of this marriage proposal (which had French and Hapsburg assent), Luís is given control of the Duchy of Milan as a means to bring peace to France and the Hapsburgs in Italy. Furthermore as part of the deal, Mary Tudor renounced her place in the line of succession, although the wording was vague as to where this left any children of Luís and Mary. Luís and Mary spent 25 years ruling in Milan, and the couple was blessed with a number of children, including two males (the eldest named John).

In 1553, the sickly King Edward VI created a succession crisis when he drew up a "Devise for the Succession", which skipped his half-sisters in favor of his first cousin, once removed, Lady Jane Grey. This action was taken in a bid to keep England Protestant. However, the "Devise for the Succession" was not universally accepted, upon Edward's death and Lady Jane's ascension to the throne as Jane I. Mary Tudor's Son, the 22 year old John, staked a claim for the English throne, contending that he was in line for the throne. The King of Portugal declared support for his nephew, bringing the Portuguese Armada at the disposal of John. Holy Roman Emperor, and King of Spain, Charles V decided to back John, seeking not only to return England to Catholicism, but to avenge the humiliation of his niece, Catherine of Aragon, whom English King Henry VIII married, and then renounced said marriage. King Henry II of France was won over to John's cause through the promise of marriage to one of his daughters (with the implication that the important port city of Calais would be turned over to France as dowry). Milanese troops were allowed to march through France, where they would seize Calais (and wait for the Portuguese fleet to ferry them to England).

Encouraged by foreign actions, and seeking a restoration of England to Catholicism, many in England proper declared for John. Yorkshire and Southwest England, which experienced popular Catholic risings under Edward VI and Henry VIII, rose up for John. In the far north, the Earl of Northumberland and Earl of Westmorland declared for John, as did much of the Catholic gentry in the North. Still angry over the suppression of Welsh by Henry VIII, Wales declared for John. Finally, many close allies of Mary Tudor in East Anglia declared for John, in spite of the relative religious pluralist quality of the area.

However, Queen Jane I controlled most of England, the royal fleet, and army. The first year of the war was marked by failed advances and lost possessions for the backers of John. Most of East Anglia was overrun, and the English Army was preparing to advance on York when an Armada from Portugal finally arrived (with John himself in tow) to land the Luso-Milanese force in England proper. After scoring victories against the English fleet, John's army was ferried from Calais, and marched on London, which was soon put under siege. Queen Jane managed to flee the city before being surrounded - retreating to Oxford. A relief force sent to break the siege of London was defeated by John at the Battle of Thornwood. London held out until Christmas eve, surrendering to John as it became clear their position was hopeless. On Christmas Day, 1554, John was crowed in Westminster as King John II of England. John II would spend the following year crushing pockets of resistance of still held by backers of Queen Jane, who was executed after being captured in Coventry. John II was undisputed master of England.

Raised by fervently staunch Catholics, John II began the process of restoring England to Catholicism under his tenure. While some areas of the country still remained defiantly Protestant, most of the populace accepted the submission of the English Church to Rome. In 1556, with the death of his father, Luís, John II inherited the Duchy of Milan. John II also added to his possessions in Ireland as campaigns there finally brought the entire island under English control. The most momentous occurrence during his reign was the sudden death of King Sebastian of Portugal, who died while campaigning in Morocco. Lacking a heir, John II inherited Portugal (and thereafter became known as John IV&II. With Portugal and England brought under the rule of a single king, the House of Avis-Tudor was about to oversee a period of unprecedented wealth, power, and prestige.

fashbasher

Banned
tQbT8Am.png

POD: Instead of being driven into a frenzy of persecutions, Mwanga II of Buganda sits down with missionaries to address his concerns about Christianity. Mwanga agrees to convert after the missionaries assure him that he, a bisexual man, and his subjects can continue according to their traditional way of life so long as it does not violate the Nicene Creed or the Ten Commandments. Mwanga and the missionaries draft a document comprising the "Four Freedoms of the Free Protestant Nicene Church":

-Freedom of culture: Matters other than those directly addressed in the Nicene Creed and the Ten Commandments can and should be solved in a secular fashion through reliance on existing traditions as well as rational debate

-Freedom of evangelism: The Free Protestant Nicene Church has the right to spread missionaries outside Buganda and throughout the British Empire (This was later waived to include a "barred zone" north of a parallel in which large existing Christian and Muslim communities vetoed the idea of new missionaries coming to, say, Ethiopia or Egypt)

-Freedom of religion: Within areas where the Free Protestant Nicene Church was the religion of the ruler, subjects could only be persuaded to convert by nonviolent means

-Freedom of governance: The Free Protestant Nicene Church was not subordinate to any other Protestant church and could freely enter into communion with any other church that follows the Nicene Creed

This so-called Minimal (or Ultra-Protestant) Christianity grew particularly in the midsection of East Africa, from about Zimbabwe to Uganda; because of the existing, established monotheist communities as well as the "barred zone" policy, conversions were rare in North or West Africa. It also grew in the Anglosphere and eventually Continental Europe, where its moral permissiveness made it attractive to LGBT individuals, as well as in parts of South America with large black or LGBT communities. The Province of Asia split off in 2015 after the predominantly Ugandan and Anglo-American Council of Leaders blocked a Taiwanese woman from becoming President of the Church due to her "poor command of English"; the Asian Free Church now claims 3,200,000 members spread across Asia, especially in the Philippines. To this day, "Ugandan" is a synonym and at times a euphemism for a homosexual or bisexual in Scotland, as the church was called informally "the Ugandan Church" during its early missions in interwar Britain that achieved great success in Lanarkshire and Glasgow.

This was going to be my MOTF 158 entry, but I screwed up and missed the deadline:

The basic summary of this is that Infante Luís of Portugal, Duke of Beja and Mary Tudor are married in 1528 (as was proposed, but ultimately fell through). As part of this marriage proposal (which had French and Hapsburg assent), Luís is given control of the Duchy of Milan as a means to bring peace to France and the Hapsburgs in Italy. Furthermore as part of the deal, Mary Tudor renounced her place in the line of succession, although the wording was vague as to where this left any children of Luís and Mary. Luís and Mary spent 25 years ruling in Milan, and the couple was blessed with a number of children, including two males (the eldest named John).

In 1553, the sickly King Edward VI created a succession crisis when he drew up a "Devise for the Succession", which skipped his half-sisters in favor of his first cousin, once removed, Lady Jane Grey. This action was taken in a bid to keep England Protestant. However, the "Devise for the Succession" was not universally accepted, upon Edward's death and Lady Jane's ascension to the throne as Jane I. Mary Tudor's Son, the 22 year old John, staked a claim for the English throne, contending that he was in line for the throne. The King of Portugal declared support for his nephew, bringing the Portuguese Armada at the disposal of John. Holy Roman Emperor, and King of Spain, Charles V decided to back John, seeking not only to return England to Catholicism, but to avenge the humiliation of his niece, Catherine of Aragon, whom English King Henry VIII married, and then renounced said marriage. King Henry II of France was won over to John's cause through the promise of marriage to one of his daughters (with the implication that the important port city of Calais would be turned over to France as dowry). Milanese troops were allowed to march through France, where they would seize Calais (and wait for the Portuguese fleet to ferry them to England).

Encouraged by foreign actions, and seeking a restoration of England to Catholicism, many in England proper declared for John. Yorkshire and Southwest England, which experienced popular Catholic risings under Edward VI and Henry VIII, rose up for John. In the far north, the Earl of Northumberland and Earl of Westmorland declared for John, as did much of the Catholic gentry in the North. Still angry over the suppression of Welsh by Henry VIII, Wales declared for John. Finally, many close allies of Mary Tudor in East Anglia declared for John, in spite of the relative religious pluralist quality of the area.

However, Queen Jane I controlled most of England, the royal fleet, and army. The first year of the war was marked by failed advances and lost possessions for the backers of John. Most of East Anglia was overrun, and the English Army was preparing to advance on York when an Armada from Portugal finally arrived (with John himself in tow) to land the Luso-Milanese force in England proper. After scoring victories against the English fleet, John's army was ferried from Calais, and marched on London, which was soon put under siege. Queen Jane managed to flee the city before being surrounded - retreating to Oxford. A relief force sent to break the siege of London was defeated by John at the Battle of Thornwood. London held out until Christmas eve, surrendering to John as it became clear their position was hopeless. On Christmas Day, 1554, John was crowed in Westminster as King John II of England. John II would spend the following year crushing pockets of resistance of still held by backers of Queen Jane, who was executed after being captured in Coventry. John II was undisputed master of England.

Raised by fervently staunch Catholics, John II began the process of restoring England to Catholicism under his tenure. While some areas of the country still remained defiantly Protestant, most of the populace accepted the submission of the English Church to Rome. In 1556, with the death of his father, Luís, John II inherited the Duchy of Milan. John II also added to his possessions in Ireland as campaigns there finally brought the entire island under English control. The most momentous occurrence during his reign was the sudden death of King Sebastian of Portugal, who died while campaigning in Morocco. Lacking a heir, John II inherited Portugal (and thereafter became known as John IV&II. With Portugal and England brought under the rule of a single king, the House of Avis-Tudor was about to oversee a period of unprecedented wealth, power, and prestige.
This is beautiful beyond words

Wow, that's the furthest-north Slovenia I've ever seen. While Styria did have a historic Slovene population, that part of it contained pretty much no Slovenes by the 19th century. I assume a northward mass migration of Slovenes must have occurred?

Yes, Mussolini wanted his Northern border defended against Germans by creating puppet states such as Tirol (Which at one point also included Salzburg, but they decided to rejoin Germany afterwards) and installing a Slovene state in Northern Styria seemed to also fix the problem of disgruntled, independence-seeking Slovenes who were 'persuaded' to move to their new homeland. There are ofcourse also the so-called Italo-Slovenes who seemed to be content with the status quo and the friendly attitude of the Italian Government towards the Slovenes, who put them on the same level as Fruilans and Ladins.

How did Italian end up being the lingua franca of Bosnia-Croatia? Everyone there speaks the same language (Serbo-Croatian) already.

I literally had no idea that Bosnian was a variety of Serbo-Croatian until right know, I said that thinking Bosnian was a completely different language so... my bad :p

Following the fall of fascism in Italy, weren't there any secessionist movements in mostly-non-Italian regions like Dalmatia and the Provence?
Provence had been part of Italy since Italy was just Sardinia, so it was the victim of a bit more than a century of Italianification (with Italian being the only language being learned at school being the most effective part) before Mussolini died. French-speakers in 1966 are similar to OTL Germans in Alto Adige. Also you have to remember that France is dead ITTL so French irredentism is fairly non-existent.

As for the Dalmatian coast who became part of Italy after the Great War of 1907 (TTL WWI) Mussolini worked hard to try and Italianize the region, which largely worked due to one way population exchanges with neighboring Zeta and FCSB. The secessionist movement in the area anno 1966 are similar to current Lega Nord numbers

Great stuff, Upvote, Reagent!

Just something I did for Marcus Sergius: a fully annotated and labeled version of his map of an Akkad As Eternal Empire world. I have been unable to restrain myself from doing a few changes (adding some extra states in, modifying some borders a bit - honestly, Southern Finland isn't that bad a place to live -, getting the *Afrikaners out of their hopeless situation), the biggest change being in China, which had some OTL borders I got rid of, and Qin is shown rather displaced from where Qin was OTL(it was a northwest Chinese state, not a central west Chinese state - it extended into what is now Inner Mongolia) so I tried to split the difference.

So, with no further ado:

All Roads Lead to Akkad.png

I absolutely no idea now that can even start to be plausible, but strangely that doesn't matter today! That is one hell of a map and I love it! :extremelyhappy:

That turned me on a little bit.

wait, why am I lying.
that full on Aroused me.

While Papist England is an abomination, Tudor Milan is a rare wonder indeed. You did it.

Go figure. The first place map is not showing up for me. I probably should give that site a look over. Anyways, which groups in specific took over the land in this area and was there already large Christian populations? If the Nestorians took off earlier on I can see the Eastern Irthodix as having tried to get their own part of the pie.

brotherhood_and_unity_by_kitfisto1997-dbdd22t.png

Here's a map based on my recent game as Yugoslavia in the new Hearts of Iron IV DLC, Death or Dishonour. I decided to stop being a fashy goy for once and embrace the Communist shitsticks on the other side of Europe by making Yugoslavia Great Again by industrialising the hell out of the nation and telling the Serbs, Bosnians and Croats to shut the fuck up and accept Marx or get BTFO'd.

Yes I'm writing this in a satirical way, why the fuck not? XD

This is basically how I imagine the world to be like circa 1976, Franco just carked it somewhere in Equatorial Guinea after being forced to leave by a Soviet naval invasion in the closing years of the Great Patriotic War (1939-1941), Jimmy Carter just got elected President, the Queen is dead thanks to the IRA and Josip Broz-Tito is entering is 84th year of existence on this mostly-Red world. Stalin and Tito led the Comintern forces into Italy and Germany, overrunning the fascist armies of the two nations before Stalin later destroyed the Japanese and overran them.

After the war, I assume that the PRC destroys the Republican Chinese as per OTL and flee to Taiwan, but not before picking up Hong Kong, Macau and Hainan from a beleaguered France, Portugal and Britain (the war ended more in the Soviets favour as opposed to a somewhat even split OTL). China is reorganised along a Soviet system of provinces that are based on the borders of the Japanese puppets and Chinese warlord states with the core territory being based out of the original PRC's borders - the capital is still Beijing however.

The Americans joined the world stage in the 1950's after sitting this war out. East Asia was the playground of the Soviets at this point but then-President Dewey forged a NATO-esque group with what remained of Britain, France and the newly established West German state. The Berlin Wall still exists OTL but the Iron Curtain has been brought forward after Tito led to the liberation of Italy in early 1940 once their forces in the Alps were thoroughly destroyed by the Yugoslav Air Force, needless to say there are a LOT of nervous French people around...

Status
Not open for further replies.