Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
@B_Munro and @Mumby, what's the logic behind the Nazis thinking Arthur will help them?

"Invading German barbarians, eh? Alright, alright, I'm up, I'm up."
They have a Welsh puppet prime minister, the current Royal Family seems to have vanished, and some believe the story of Arthur pulling the Sword from the Stone was a mistranslation of pulling a sword from a Saxon, after putting it in their. Besides, the stories from over the centuries have people from all over Western Europe being among his Knights. Though they would all be long dead. Point is, they put a lot of trump in Arthur and would rather him not help the Anglo-Saxons drive back the Germans. And given how the SS is running wild in all the areas with Welsh (by the old definition) people...

Yes it is. ;) And, yeah, I really liked the idea, too. It seems like such a nasty place before urbanization. Almost as bad as Australia. Just less deadly wildlife.

Live in south Delaware, can confirm nastiness in both locals and wildlife (if "less" in number), can also confirm growing up here makes other places seem depressingly rather quite easier to make it in.

year1862.png

WIP: Alternate Articles of Confederation failure and Napoleonic wars.

Thoughts?

WIP: Alternate Articles of Confederation failure and Napoleonic wars.

Thoughts?
Interesting! I have doubts about he straight line borders west of the Appalachians actually remaining in place, however, and, unless Virginia is communist, I suggest you change the color to avoid confusion. Similarly, I'm not sure if Florida has the capacity to survive as as a state in this time period. I wouldn't be surprised if Georgia took it over.

Have the French completely avoided Italy?

And is South America going to look like that of have you not touched it yet?

Bytor

Monthly Donor
How does that much of Patagonia go unclaimed? Was it close to that iOTL?

That's exactly how it was, OTL. There was the odd expedition and temporary sheep farmer south of the Rio Negro, but until the 1880s neither Chile nor Argentina were much interested in expanding further south.

Bytor

Monthly Donor
So a WIP I'm working on - if you ever feel like making a map that covers Norway's Sweden's coastline, just don't, there are too many islands.

This is why I switched to using GIS software for the first parts of my maps. Coastlines & islands are now imported and one less thing to draw. :)

This was going to be my entry for The Map of the Forthnight 156 but it was hopelessly delayed...

italian_unification_bicentenial_by_bryaniii-dbcwnt8.png

Wow, that's the furthest-north Slovenia I've ever seen. While Styria did have a historic Slovene population, that part of it contained pretty much no Slovenes by the 19th century. I assume a northward mass migration of Slovenes must have occurred?

And a couple of other questions, if you don't mind:

How did Italian end up being the lingua franca of Bosnia-Croatia? Everyone there speaks the same language (Serbo-Croatian) already.

Following the fall of fascism in Italy, weren't there any secessionist movements in mostly-non-Italian regions like Dalmatia and the Provence?

Status
Not open for further replies.