A game introduced to the site by Thermopylae, in which concepts (usually in the form of images) are one-upped.
Also called One-upmanship.
A recent example by Thande and Gryphon involved the following one-ups:
- Cthulthu beats chemistry
- Grinning Thande beats Cthulthu
- Battleship beats grinning Thande
- Submarine beats battleship
- Depth charge gunboat beats submarine
- Torpedo bomber beats depth charge gunboat
- Surface to air missile launcher beats torpedo bomber
- Challenger 2 tank beats surface to air missile launcher
- Helicopter gunship beats Challenger 2 tank
- Avenger anti-air laser from C&C Generals beats helicopter gunship
and simultaneously -
- Linux penguin beats grinning Thande
- Microsoft Office paperclip beats Linux penguin
- Blue Screen of Death beats Microsoft Office paperclip
- Service Pack 2 beats Blue Screen of Death
- “Stop: Hammer Time!” dialogue box beats Service Pack 2
- Firefox popup blocker beats dialogue box
- BSD daemon beats Firefox popup blocker
- Angel beats devil
At which point the game was called off due to Thande's recursion to C&C.
offtopic/one-uppery.txt · Last modified: 2019/03/29 15:13 by 127.0.0.1