Your Favorite Medieval Dynasty to Survive, But Didn't

Good idea with the Tudor but the descendant of Elisabeth wouldn't be Tudor and if they took the name they would just create the second house of Tudor as House were generally passed down via the male line.
Ah good point. Perhaps she marries Henry Fitzroy? A bit of Consanguinity is always good :p

The house of Geneva always interested me when playing CK2. It would also be cool if some of the Tatar noble families survived as more than random Russian nobles.

There's a lot of European dynasties mentioned.
That's probably partly because most AH.commers live in Europe or the USA, and partly because the tradition of defining a male-line succession of rulers and calling it the 'House of X' didn't actually happen in a huge amount of places outside Europe during the Medieval period - I know my country, New Zealand, only got interested in dynasties for about twenty years in the mid 19th century, with Iwi leadership travelling in clans most of the rest of the time. Also, the Medieval period only actually happened in Europe and the surrounding area, so the OP is essentially asking for dynasties from that geographic locale.

However, the main Inca dynasty was pretty cool until it tore itself apart in fratricide a couple of years before smallpox and the Spanish arrived. And, as you say, the Solomonic dynasty was also fairly peerless.

England - Godwinsons, Blois, Plantagenets
Sicily - Hohenstaufens
Holy Roman Empire - Hohenstaufens, Luxembourg
Hungary - Arpads
Byzantine Empire - Komnenoi, Laskarids
Bohemia - Premyslids
Denmark - Estrids

A friend of mine is descended from the Estrids, so, not totally extinct.

I'd say Plantagenat, Normandy, 'Karling', and Rurikids.

I will say the norman Richardids, William the Bastard's cousins who challenged his legitimacy over the duchy and were defeated in Val-ès-Dunes. The interesting part of them is that theirr base of support was mainly in the coast of Lower Normandy, where scandinavian uses and language were still kept. For example, the chronicles of the battle tell that while William troops used the warcry "Dieu aïe" (God help us, or maybe es literal but more in the actual sense "God is helping us") the richarchids troops shput "Thor aïe", though I found suspicious they used the verb in french and maybe it's an historical hoax. But, how would have been Europe with more norman Normandy?

Oh well, and necessary chauvinism, the Trastámaras.

All The Way Across the World in China: The Song Dynasty. Their advancements in a time of stagnation are astounding beyond words and surpass all such similar attempts elsewhere outright. They have the added bonus of not burning books older than their entire people. Which is a pretty big thing for me.

In Europe, though the Song are contemporary to the Middle-Ages, The Carolingians. For a singular brief moment, light shined out again... and then it was gone.
In the end, however, the fall of the Song could have been the thing that saved Native European Civilization. An industrialized Song, with guns and railroads expanding across the steppes, would have plowed over Europe like a developer over an anthill.

In the end, however, the fall of the Song could have been the thing that saved Native European Civilization. An industrialized Song, with guns and railroads expanding across the steppes, would have plowed over Europe like a developer over an anthill.
Europe is a terribly difficult bit of land take and hold in its entirety even if your power Base is in Europe a campaign like this would probably be a tactical victory at most and a complete strategic failure that sends the nation into decline at worst.
In short basically no gain and massive amount of risk.

220px-Paleologos.svg.png

Good God, no votes for the Palailogos yet?

The two dinasties that I miss the most are the house of Palailogos and of course, the Kaarlings

Just thought I'd add another honorable mention: Sher Shah Suri (or Sher Khan) and his short-lived dynasty. So here we have the Mughal Empire under Humayun, having been pretty nicely built up during Babur's reign, and we have this random warrior from the Bihar region who achieves some renown and becomes the regent of the young governor of Bihar. But the governor starts to fear that Sher Khan is getting too powerful, which turns out to be pretty well-founded because Sher Khan gathers a few clans of Rajput warriors and overthrows the governor, gaining control of Bihar for himself in 1534. So he then uses the forces of Bihar and invades the independent sultanate of Bengal, which actually has Humayun thinking this guy is expanding way too fast and so he sends an army to stop Sher Khan. No problem, though, because this badass just crushes Humayun in several battles and then takes over the whole Mughal realm while he's at it. All this in a span of about 5 years. He only actually gets to rule for another five years or so before he dies, but he proves to be quite a good ruler too, working on coinage reform and developing trade routes. Overall, Sher Shah Suri is like that Crusader Kings 2 player who starts off as a count in a big empire and manages to take over in an implausibly short period of time because he manages to make the AI look totally incompetent in comparison... He had like 4-5 successors, and Humayun managed to regain his empire in 1555 (one year before he died), but the Suri had a pretty good run.

Didn't they later result in the house of Hesse ?

The house of Hessen is indeed a cadet branch of the house of Brabant (Leuven), which in turn is a cadet branch the house of Reginar. Duke Henry II of Brabant second marriage was with Sophia of Thuringia, a Ludowinger heiress. In the resulting war of the Thuringian Succession between Meissen and Brabant, Meissen obtained Thuringia proper and Henry and Sophia's son Henry got the former Ludowinger possessions in Hessen (in Franconia).
Another cadet branch of the house of Brabant was the Brabantian house of Percy (a continuation of the Norman house of Percy, a member of the house of Brabant had married the Percy heiress).

Anyway, I guess it depends on how one defines a house and going extinct.

Does the House of Stark count ... no ... dam it.

Then it will have to be: Scotland's House of Sverre and sequential royal family.