Worst kind of AH TL to make?

Hey Guys,

What do you think is the worst kind of TL to make? Like a political one, a war one, a diplomatic one etc?

I personally find political ones difficult, because the personal beliefs of the writer will obviously shine through and people will always agree and disagree.

But what about you..? What do you think is the worst?

to me its usualy the ones that have been written with making a particular point in mind instead of just showing a world that is different but in a balanced way. Hard to do of course.

The Worst Timeline Ever has a Nazi victory that ultimately ends in America occupying it and admitting states ten years later.

In terms of the amount of work necessary, I'd say a war TL is probably the hardest to do with much depth. War is a complicated kind of hell, and moreover, as Clausewitz noted, war is just a continuation of politics by other means, so it's inevitably going to involve plenty of the other two.

One which doesn't have enough butterflies. Like, say, one that has a POD in the 1700s and yet a WWI and WWII with Nazis still manage to happen...

I dispute butterflies!

The theory regarding alternate realities allows for instances of universes where anything can happen. So it is entirely possible for JFK to still be born with a POD in the 1800s.

Admittedly, this does suspend the belief of realism, and I think we can all agree that a number of convenient coincidences can be attributed to an Alien Space Bat, but just drop the butterflies.