Worldwar propaganda

The thread about the timeline 191 made me think of something. What would propaganda posters from the Worldwar and Colonization series look like? I want to see American, German and Russian and maybe even the Race's attempt at it.

There is a notable one mentioned in one of the books; An image of nukulised Berlin, with a German soldier superimposed over it. Words to the effect of 'He is all that stands between you and this.'

But there have probably been a few posters already in the Propaganda thread in Writer's Forum :)

I finally found one on this site... can't remember where though. Anyone have any better posters?

Race 2.png

Sachyriel

Banned
What about the guy who hit hand grenades with a baseball bat in China? Awesome poster idea if you will it off correctly.

Faeelin

Banned
Awesome idea... if it had actually happened :rolleyes:

Skim-read the whole thing, did you?

Dude, you know America would so take the tale and interpret it such.

I always thought the Dora gun was the crowning moment of awesome, but no idea how to take that. Maybe a lizard hiding beneath a desk?

I want to see a poster produced by the Race occupation authorities in the southern US, urging African-Americans to enlist to fight as Race auxilliaries. Maybe something recalling the humans who died when the USAAF bombed Miami, and how little Washington values the lives of its own people. Maybe a black soldier, with his clenched fist in the air, crying, "Revenge!" Or, "Better a Race Emperor than a white pig President"?

That'd work maybe for one produced by Lizard human quislings. Not sure about Lizards themselves though... They never really 'got' humans. Maybe 'Big Uglies! You are now part of the Empire! Praise the Emperor!', and they'd be honestly puzzled as to why no-one took any notice...

That'd work maybe for one produced by Lizard human quislings. Not sure about Lizards themselves though... They never really 'got' humans. Maybe 'Big Uglies! You are now part of the Empire! Praise the Emperor!', and they'd be honestly puzzled as to why no-one took any notice...

Yes, of course you're right; that's what I meant. Only American human collaborators would know what to say, and how to sway Americans towards collaboration.

Yes, of course you're right; that's what I meant. Only American human collaborators would know what to say, and how to sway Americans towards collaboration.

Collaborators themself would be the ones causing the most troubles for the rest of humanity, able to exploite the Race´s naïvety, difference with the resistance movements is that they wouldn´t try to blow this advantage.
As the war progress, the collaborators would gain increased influence and there would be a lot of them, everywhere in the world.

Last edited:
A picture of Race warrior with Auschwitz behind his back, piles of dead bodies and skeleton like survivors with signs in Polish, Russian and Jidish saying
"He is all that stands between you and Germany".

A picture with children in concentration camps imposed together with picture of Race soldiers giving out advanced rifles to forest of hands:
"We will give you tools to avenge them".

No, I read some of the books I could get from the library. However I recall that from a flap on the cover jacket.
... OK, then the summary or picture or whatever in the cover jacket was wrong.

While Bobby Fiore was indeed a baseball player, he didn't use a bat to launch the hand grenades, simultaneously awesome and stupid though that would be.

He threw them. The Chinese rebels asked him to specifically because, being a long-term baseball type, he could reliably throw something that size & shape about twice as far as anyone else around...

Bloody hell, haven't even read the books for a couple of years!

OK, poster ideas. I assume that everyone reading this thread will have read the books anyway (mmmeee0 notwithstanding). So, everyone should be aware that Britain is invaded during the course of the novels - an invasion which is beaten back, though at heavy cost. Incidentally, I seem to remember the landing sites being in approximately the same places, and with the same "surround London" objective as in H. G. Wells' War of the Worlds. Some things never change... :D

Anyway. I thought some inspiring/call to action British-made posters would make sense, to be distributed in Lizard-occupied Europe.

"We beat back the Lizards - now it's YOUR turn!"

Also, to scare the Lizards, maybe some very graphic images of mustard gas-afflicted Lizard prisoners, or bodies of troops killled this way. Given that Britain were the first to use gas against the Lizards, I assume we would seem especially terrifying for a certain period.

An appeal to the modern generation for the Race:

"Wanna get laid? Sign up for Senior Researcher Ttlomas' experimentation today!"

This would get thousands of teenage nerds. :p

An appeal to the modern generation for the Race:

"Wanna get laid? Sign up for Senior Researcher Ttlomas' experimentation today!"

This would get thousands of teenage nerds. :p
If that was the case, I would assume that a disproportionate number of the volunteers would be male:rolleyes:

I finally found one on this site... can't remember where though. Anyone have any better posters?

Oh, that one was made by me (but it's meant to be purely tongue-in-cheek). I made a better one soon after, so I'll probably do a search for it.

And I remember there was another one which used an actual WWII poster as it's base (just replacing the Japanese soldier with a raptor-like dino).

Last edited: