Witch0Winter's Artwork

Fuck this shit I spend days and days making it for people to pick it apart mercilessly. No one cares about it, they just want to destroy it. Fuck you all. I'm done.

Lynn, it seems you are getting angry at stuff you could have just ignored.
Is everything okay?
Almost all the comments in getting across the sites I've posted it are just picking the map to pieces without care. Maps are fucking hard to make and if no one gives a shit about them other than to rip them to shreds I won't fucking make them anymore.

Almost all the comments in getting across the sites I've posted it are just picking the map to pieces without care. Maps are fucking hard to make and if no one gives a shit about them other than to rip them to shreds I won't fucking make them anymore.
I like your map. I have absolutely no issues with your map.

What do you mean? I haven't seen anyone straight-up insult your map making skills. At most, what i see are people criticizing small inconsistencies in such map, which, even then, is not abnormal.
Much to the contrary, your maps are very pleasing to look at and analyze. I'll admit that you're one of the best artistic cartographers i know.

Toix - I love your maps. I love the map you made, so many small but nonetheless interesting butterflies to the borders of US states and Canadian provinces. You are awesome at making maps, and graphics. :cool:

I wish I was a tenth as awesome as you at making those.

Please don't be mad. Please. I want to see where the TL goes. Also, I want to see more awesome maps.

*unlimited free hugs for @ToixStory*

What do you mean? I haven't seen anyone straight-up insult your map making skills. At most, what i see are people criticizing small inconsistencies in such map, which, even then, is not abnormal.
Much to the contrary, your maps are very pleasing to look at and analyze. I'll admit that you're one of the best artistic cartographers i know.
The criticisms start to feel large when just comment after comment barely even tries to say anything nice before just launching into yet another reason I did something wrong. When people can't even choke out one good thing I can't do it anymore. I'm seriously thinking about deleting it entirely and not posting it again. Maybe not posting any maps here again outside my TLs. I am so tired.

The criticisms start to feel large when just comment after comment barely even tries to say anything nice before just launching into yet another reason I did something wrong. When people can't even choke out one good thing I can't do it anymore. I'm seriously thinking about deleting it entirely and not posting it again. Maybe not posting any maps here again outside my TLs. I am so tired.
Don't be so worried about them.
All you have to do is warn people about your feelings when you don't think they're being nice enough. AH.com is not a cesspool, we know how important being friendly is.

It doesn't seem like any of the comments (at least on this site) are "this map sux", rather they seem to be politely pointing out minor issues with the map. I sincerely hope that the frustration you have doesn't negatively impact the Heart of Dixie reboot. I was deeply disappointed when your disagreement with the site's admins torpedoed the When Hearts Are Entertaining June reboot.

It doesn't seem like any of the comments (at least on this site) are "this map sux", rather they seem to be politely pointing out minor issues with the map. I sincerely hope that the frustration you have doesn't negatively impact the Heart of Dixie reboot. I was deeply disappointed when your disagreement with the site's admins torpedoed the When Hearts Are Entertaining June reboot.
It feels less polite after a while. Last count was around 30 across media of just mistake after mistake. After enough time I've honestly grown to hate this map and hate the TL and honestly hate alternate history. My life is hard enough and if this is the reception I don't want to post anywhere ever again. No one likes it, they just want to scramble over themselves to pick it apart. I hate it.

It feels less polite after a while. Last count was around 30 across media of just mistake after mistake. After enough time I've honestly grown to hate this map and hate the TL and honestly hate alternate history. My life is hard enough and if this is the reception I don't want to post anywhere ever again. No one likes it, they just want to scramble over themselves to pick it apart. I hate it.
I have no issues with the map. None. Nadda. Zippo. I'm rather amused that the closest thing to an equivalent to the infamously debauched Las Vegas would be named "St. Thomas". While I may be concerned about the darker tone of the timeline I know that if it's even half as good as the first Heart of Dxie I'll love it.

You posted a map of an alternate United States. Of course people on a majority American forum about history are going to pick it apart. And if you can't deal with criticism, then maybe you shouldn't post your content publicly.

I have no issues with the map. None. Nadda. Zippo. I'm rather amused that the closest thing to an equivalent to the infamously debauched Las Vegas would be named "St. Thomas". While I may be concerned about the darker tone of the timeline I know that if it's even half as good as the first Heart of Dxie I'll love it.
To be fair it's not necessarily that much darker besides being more realistic about slavery. A lot of good things happen, especially in the north, and the south gets better over time. Also: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Joseph,_Nevada