Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by B-29_Bomber, Jun 1, 2017.
Lakes... I hate lakes...
Let me guess: Saddam-wank? Israel is so super-fucked, and all those poor Kurds...
It's a bit of an Iraqi/Hashemite-wank based on a quick game of HoI IV I played earlier in the week.
TL;DR Iraq intervenes in WWII on behalf of the Allies, mostly as a way to relieve pressure on the Allied forces fighting the Vichy French in Syria. The Iraqi monarchy regains some modicum of public support throughout the war while Baghdad gets to control Syria, Jordan and Kuwait post war in exchange for recognising Israel.
Hurrah! We get a very conservative but relatively sane and moderate Arab Monarchy!
(Please tell me the Wahhbists never gained control of that other Arab monarchy)
Saudi Arabia is fine. Iran went crazy earlier than OTL. The Soviets also control bits of *former* Iran.
W E W L A D
So I've decided to put that Arab map on hold... Have this WIP instead! :v
Yes, that is a non-Apartheid Rhodesia.
Well, got several tests ahead of me (see status) and work on that Cyber-Dystopia map is gonna slow down for awhile. Now, this is mostly directed at @KitFisto1997 due to me not knowing how to add media in conversations (is that even possible?) so...
In the hypothetical event of (a crazy Neo-Nazi version of) Apartheid South Africa annexing Botswana (renamed as "Bechuanaland") and Rhodesia, would it be reasonable to expect an expansion of the Bantustan system to those two new states? Because I did this:
1) These are somewhat arbitrary in the case of Bechuanaland where I gave the Nambian/South-West African Bantustans and Bophuthatswana some extra land, and created a new one in the middle because reasons (though it's mostly based off the borders of an OTL Botswanan national park).
2) In the case of Rhodesia, I simply tried to emulate the borders of some of the tribal trust lands while taking extra care not to accidentally include Salisbury in one of their boundaries.
3) Normally in AH maps, some of the Bantustans are shaded as independent states (reflecting their OTL de facto status as seperate republics). Here? Nope, still part of South Africa - as "autonomous regions" of course.
So, how did I do? Did I go too far with the Rhodesian/Bechuanan Bantustans or is this alright? Also, due to South Africa breaking all ties with the UK (Downing Street and Westminster are still alright with White!Australia), I'm sort of imagining that they've either replaced the Union Jack with the Rhodesian flag or that are now flying the Transvaal flag.
Heyyyyy that's pretty goood!
Windhoek ("New Berlin") is in the interior; you labeled Walvis Bay as it instead...
Aaaaaaa bollocks... Will fix!
I was inspired by this map btw.
And yes, that's Lesotho and Swaziland as Bantustans. The Saffas decided to test out some of their 2nd Russian Civil War surplus equipment on them in '94. They're arguably the nicest of the bunch, which is not really saying much since living in a Banstustan is suffering.
As for the Great African War, I now have a few new ideas on the part of the Saffas:
1) They've begun conscripting black troops. They're poorly trained, badly equipped, under-supplied, have poor morale and require some "caretakers" to ensure that they won't friendly fire their White overlords. All Kaffas serving in the Saffa Army are "promised" some "generous benefits" once they're discharged. (Read: Being treated as dirt rather than shit).
2) Typical of rogue states, there's a lot of shady secret projects/experiments going on. For example this super soldier programme. Most of the "subjects" are little orphaned white kids, and let's say the whole process utterly breaks them. Not in the Deadpool "becomes awesomely crazy" sense. More of the "extremely depressed and emotionally dead child soldier". That and they're doing some crap involving test tube babies/artificially conceived kids/grown in a vat humans. Being one of them is suffering.
3) That and now I have this very sadistic idea regarding their biological weapons programme. TLDR: The South Africans have created the Crossed Virus (google at your own risk, super NSFW). And because they are racist dickheads - have engineered it so that it only ever infects Africans (inb4 "genetics don't work that way"). The results are... terrifying to put it lightly. But don't worry, its not really that contagious. No "exchange of body fluid" rule from the comics. But god held you if you breathe it in when the Saffas spray some of it on the battlefield.
I thought that the Rhodies being the mini-Draka of my TL was crazy.
Btw, have you read my Revolution!-verse yet?
Am actually reading it right now. And because I took break from reading it for a couple of days, ended up forgetting where exactly I left off (somewhere in page 1X).
Y U NO THREADMARK?!
Because I had no idea how to threadmark back then. Plus I can't be fucked doing it nao.
What do you think anyways? :3
Die Maapp* is nearly done btw!
*How Saffas/Krauts *totally* sound liek. XP
Pretty good! What are all those random dots in the middle of Southwest though?
Cities that haven't been named yet.
I've chucked my Spotify on and I've been listening to a LOT of 80's music... Which is what I normally do when I'm doing a map.
I apologise for the shitty writing that takes up like half of my TL tho.
It improves as it goes along, I swear!
Yay, I inspired someone ^^ Stuff like that is the most gratifying aspect of being an amateur cartographer.
I imagine they might rename it anyways. Walfischbucht and Walfischbai are both options, though it people tried to have every map using only the names locals use for a city it would take months of research at times. Is Malawi part of Zambia? And under what circumstances did the Germans lose much of the Caprivi Strip? There is some good farmland there, though I imagine minerals are the main focus for this colony. And fun to see what you did with South Rhodesia. I can only imagine the borders and the power-sharing involved. However, I do feel that if the box is speaking on German Southwest Africa that it should be zoomed in on there. Perhaps also showing historical border changes. Depends on the focus of the map.
Separate names with a comma.