Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by B-29_Bomber, Jun 1, 2017.
Alternatively, one could interpret the statue as Bedford Forrest thinking: "Shit. Did my slaves leave the oven on?"
Yes... yes they did...
You know... about that "Godwater/Johnson nukes 'Nam" map I'm working on... I have one very sadistic idea to make Australia even more dystopian...
President for Life Joh Bjelke-Petersen of the Socialist Republic of New Zealand (shortly after selling Queensland to the Union of South Africa)
A "playground" map I made in Adobe Illustrator to try and figure out how I'm supposed to do political borders in that... Still experimenting.
I'd imagine Sir Joh to be more of a Pinochet type since he detested socialism so much. But whatever floats your boat.
A WIP map for my Metal Slug TL which unlike the games aims for realism hence the geopolitics; and yes this is still proof I still have the TL on my mind and have never given up on it. And in case you ask the POD is MacArthur getting shot dead in Korea after the Inchon landings of which lead to the US making a deal with China to dump North Korea and a US/UN victory by the end of 1950 of which indirectly leads to WWIII in the 70's of which the USSR loses...badly and the USA sets up a new world order of sorts.
Oh Lord... Lemme guess... The Globalists won?
If you're referring to the debate between those that want a successor to the UN and those that don't in the post WWIII world (and during WWIII), then yep the Globalists won and as you can see this can lead to some interesting consequences of which would kick off the main war by the late 2020's; though granted the geopolitics of TTL are somewhat distant from ours but to be fair the game is far removed from ours as well so the TL reflects that (minus supernatural threats like aliens and zombies).
I really wanna do the ultimate 'Clinton Wins' scenario wherein America makes NK look like Gorbachev's USSR in comparison.
Europe is run by a crazed Caliphate. Australia is run by Pauline Hanson and has shut themselves away from the wider world and the few major democracies are a nationalist (but not a genocide-happy far-right) United Kingdom, Visegrad Group and Japan.
I really hate to touch current politics but somehow I like to believe that a "Clinton Wins the 2016 Election" would end up making the world more, not less, dystopic and you and I might be in the minority in thinking that; but that's all I have to say about this kind of scenario.
We don't want the Stasi knocking on our door in the middle of the night for thinking 'impure thoughts'.
I'll post an update to the ISOT map as soon as I get back from doing University work...
So "minor update". Yay?
1) Made several changes to Africa. Now here's the state of the Great African War now:
Spoiler: Great African War update
Frontlines of the Great African War (August 2015 - Ongoing)
Casualties so far: Excess of 2 Million, half of which are estimated to be the result of South African genocides
1) Most noticeable one - Anglo and Mozambique have remained Portuguese. I figured that if I'm gonna have a crapsack cyberpunk world, then an evil colonialist and surviving Estado Novo wouldn't be too out of place
2) Madagascar is now a (Neo-Nazi Apartheid) South African puppet rather than an occupied member of the "Alliance of batshit Crazy African Dictatorships" - which I have named the "Kampala Pact". And yes, that united East African country was the result of an Idi Amin wank
3) Added two viral contamination areas/quarantine zones/wastelands. The most devastating consequence of the Kampala Pact's indiscriminate use of biological weapons both against the South African and their own people ("those tribes were clearly going to collaborate with the White Devils"); and as part of their Scorched Earth policy. They are incredibly effective, but with an appallingly high price in human lives.
2) Also, here's the current state of Indonesia:
Spoiler: Very lovely neighbours for Australia
South-East Asia in the aftermath of the Indonesian Civil War (1983 - 1990)
Of course, we have The right-wing semi-police state of (White) Australia, which has been occupying East Papua since '85. And then there's the Indonesian successor states:
1) The rump Republic of Indonesia - a corrupt Military junta that still claims all areas lost since '83
2) The Islamic State of Aceh - A hardline Islamist Theocracy, which may or may not be financing Jihadist groups in the region.
3) The Sumatran Republic - A slightly nuttier version of rump!Indonesia. Prone to frequent border clashes with Aceh.
4) Portuguese Timor - Lisbon decided to take the rest of the island in '86 (following Canberra's example with East Papua), and there's been an incredibly annoying insurgency there ever since.
5) South Borneo - The only sane man of post-Civil War Indonesia, and the only democracy. Still suffers from crippling poverty and widespread corruption. And then there's the haze inducing forest fires caused by negligent illegal logging cartels.
6) And if you look up there's my homeland, the Philippines! A kleptocratic regime run by the Marcos dynasty. Makes OTL Duterte look like a completely rational and polite person.
Truly the best neighbours an Aussie could wish for! (WE WILL BE SWAMPED BY BATSHIT INSANE ASIANS!!!)
Is Pinochet still around?
No. He ded. But his succesor (might be son) continues to hold up his legacy and frequently gives free helicopter tours of active volcanoes. He even offers tours to see migrating whales!
From my impression of how things are progressing, I'm starting to doubt that the 2016 election has changed much outside the US.
Macron and Merkel still got elected, after all, if they suffice as what /pol/ or Milo Yiannopoulos define as "dystopian".
Heavy WIP of all countries (and dependent territories of larger powers, and also the state of Hawai'i because it was illegally annexed why not) that individually represent less than or equal to 0.5% of the (former) global population, some 100 years after the fact.
IDK, US politics can have an effect on the world given that the US is a hyperpower; though again I do not feel comfortable talking about current politics as of now nor ever.
Well, fine, then.
Separate names with a comma.