Winter Of Discontent: The Confederate Elections Of 2013

Huricane irma has just hit florida as a catogry 2 storm. I wonder if the butterly effect will be an enough to make the storm strogner when it hit florida. After all the clasic example of the butterfly effect is a time traveler stoomp on a butterfly in the distant past and cause a hurrican his present.

This isn't North Korea though. There is a massive dissident movement in this country, and their waiting for their leaders to screw the people in the most venal way possible.

North Korea may be going down too, since Kim Jong Un seems determined to bite the hand feeding him.
Good point.

Before Irma (Prelude to a storm)
Dixie Radio Atlanta news time 1:15.....According to the Confederate Weather Bureau, Hurricane Irma, currently pounded island states in the Caribbean, is developing into what one climatologist at the CWB called "A clear and present danger". President Gingrich is meeting with key infrastructure and military advisors to craft what a source close to the President called 'A unified national emergency response'. In Florida, Governor Bill McCallum declared a state of emergency, and authorized the beginning of phases evacuations of the Florida Keys....

Florida Gulf Coast University Climatology Institute -- Fort Meyers, Florida CSA -- 11:10am Eastern Confederate Standard Time Wednesday February 1, 2017

William Reilly was visiting Dr. Raymond Sievers. The head of the FGCU Climatology Institute, and a lifelong friend. Sievers if perhaps the CSA's foremost expert on climatology. He's also seen with suspicion, because he's also an underground authority on something many in the hierarchy of this nation's military-religious-industrial complex don't believe in.

"W.K. I'm glad you stick around a little bit," Dr. Sievers.

"No problem. I'm meeting the President and cabinet in Alabama for the big game on Thursday, I had the time for an old friend."

"There is something I need you to show the President."

Dr. Sievers pulled out a number of charts, graphs, weather photos and projections. The foretold a harsh time ahead.

"This is the projection for hurricane season this year," Sievers said. "The numbers don't look good. This could a rough year."

"When is it not a rough year Ray?" Reilly asked. "Every year the CWB and the universities give this projections."

"We've been right more often than not W.K.," Sievers said. "This year I'm even more certain, and even more afraid."

Reilly studying the graphs and photos. The data was stark in its findings. It foretold a 2017 of wind, water, and destruction ahead..and the CSA getting the brunt of that destruction..

"Imagine a year where we get Camille, Katrina and Felicity hitting us, almost weekly," Sievers commented soberly.

"You've said it in the past."

"The numbers haven't ever screamed like this. Barometric data, pattern changes, water temperatures, but not just this. The sea levels are rising, W.K.. Global and local temperature changes are the warmest they've ever been."

"Now Doctor," Reilly cautioned. "You know I can't sell that 'Climate Change' stuff to the President."

"William," Dr. Sievers retorted harshly. "You can't afford not to. And here's why. The studies, we've done underground, confirm something that should scare the body politic of this country."

csa 2067.jpg

You see all that blue there? "That is the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic building our new coastline in 2067 if things continue in the direction they are going? That's over 1 TRILLION DOLLARS OF DAMAGE! That's the conservative estimate. Never mind the displacement on the coastline, and the damage to our military response."

"William, Climate Change could mean the END of the Confederate States."

Sievers looked hard at Reilly, "And a prominent member of our Gray Line agrees."

Reilly raised an eyebrow? "Who?"

Sievers smiled. "Your good friend General Charles Moss Duke."

"Charles Moss Duke?" Reilly said.

"Yes. This is a Fifth Column matter now." Sievers said. "I'm a part of it. Just like you. And, as our allies in Havana say, it is time for choosing."

"It's not just a matter of freedom now. Its a matter survival for us all."

"My fellow Confederate Americans,

I come to you this night to warn you a grave threat to our country. According to my scientific, weather and military advisors, the threat of Hurricane Irma must be meet with a national resolve.

Tonight, I declare the state of Florida as a Federal Emergency, and I have order redeployment of Confederate Army, Navy and Air Force personnel to prepare to aid our CEMA, Florida Emergency Management and law enforcement, and relief organization to be prepared to render aid to our fellow citizens who may need it.

In the past we have hid under the doctrine of 'States Rights' and we have been hurt be it in our response to natural disaster. The people of state of Florida cannot afford that. That is why, by executive order, the Confederate Emergency Management Agency in cooperation for the Confederate Department of Defense shall have oversight coordination over potential emergency relief and recovery effort as needed.

As your President, and with the consultation of the operations chairs of each of our armed services, a number of our brave Gray Line will return from postings around the globe to prepare to aid our country in this time of need. They will coordinate with law enforcement and Florida Home Guard.

Recovery, law and order will be done by cooperative effort of our entire nation to aid the state of Florida, and we are preparing work alongside civilian and church organizations to provide needed aid and comfort should the situation arise with a full, national commitment of military and civilian agencies.

To those in the state of Florida: I urge you to prepare or evacuate as you see fit, and to pay heed to what local authorities advise. Your preparedness is the best guard against potential loss of life and property. I also urge you to look after your neighbors. To work together and pray together, and help each other survive and see this tribulation through.

There are those who say this is federal overreach. To them, along with my able and intelligent National Physical Infrastructure Executive William K. Reilly, I say "this is not overreach, this is a prime duty of your Godly government."

To those who may directly affected by this storm, know that our prayers are with you, and our action and support will be with you. And also know, that through Our Lord and Our Unity as a Confederate people, no weapon formed shall prosper against us.

God Bless you and God Bless the Confederate States of America. Good Night."

-- President Newton Gingrich address to the CSA. Thursday September 7, 2017

You see all that blue there? "That is the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic building our new coastline in 2067 if things continue in the direction they are going? That's over 1 TRILLION DOLLARS OF DAMAGE! That's the conservative estimate. Never mind the displacement on the coastline, and the damage to our military response."
If you really want to sell something appeal to people's wallets and budgets.

Deleted member 82792

You're reaching deep inside you. For things you've always known.
Growth with faith in Jesus.

And you'll never walk alone.

We seek to spread the blessing our Lord to a world in darkness.
If you share that vision, don't just talk about it, be about it...

BE... ALL THAT YOU CAN YOU BE.
FOR A GODLY WORLD......JOIN THE ARMY!

View attachment 331237
Can we have a commercial for the Confederate Navy or Air Force?

Deleted member 82792

The Top 5 Shows of the 2014 Confederate Television Season

1. "CSS: Miami" (Thursdays on Dixievision 3) -- The CSA's answer to the successful "Bellasarioverse" procedurals on Free North American TV. The story centers around a team of agents of the Confederate State Security Agency based in "Confederate Paradise", Miami Florida

2. "Say Hell Yes To The Dress" (Saturdays on CS-9) -- The "reality" show, produced by the Designing Women's Communications stable centers around the successful Atlanta-based Holy Matrimony Dress Shop, and their quest to help Godly women seek the perfect wedding dress that adheres to our Godly societal standard. The show is #1 among Confederate Women 21-50, even if the Communications Directorate and the CCC have concerns about the shows "host" (RAYCOM style and entertainment reporter Monte Durham, who owns a share of the dress shop).

3. "Hit Your Marks" (Wednesdays on Dixievision 3) -- NASCAR crew chief Harry Herd (Chris Ellis) is the big man in the box, but has to deal with a house of women, beginning with his opinionated wife Sherry Anne (Sharon Lawrence), who's a comptroller for a prominent Charlotte-based bank, and his daughters, each of whom represent the "problems" of emerging Confederate "non-traditional" womenhood. Critics note the performance of Chyler Potts, who plays Herd's older daughter Leigh, who openly challenges her dad's belief that a woman shouldn't be in racing, but instead should be trying to get married. Alo gaining notice is Johnny Greenfield, who plays NASCAR star Cash Chase, who has the biggest crush on Leigh Herd

"4. Fort Smith Spartans" (Tuesdays on Confederate Network 7) -- A dramatic series based on a platoon of C.S. Army stationed along the most militarized stretch of land in North America. The time of the show switches between the present day and flashbacks from the War of Plainsian Aggression. The show is a favorite of military personnel.

"5. Creationist Theory" (Wednesdays on CBN)" -- The wacky antics of four young divinity students at Memphis University Theological Seminary, and the women they are trying to impress. Amazing watching a show on CBN is actually entertaining, even if it is heavy-handed and preachy, like most shows on CBN.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution Best Seller's List Top Pick

Pritchett: A Sentinel's Tale -- John Grisham's newest book chronicling the life and times of the first Chairman of the modern Confederate State Security Agency, and the investigation of his mysterious death.

RAYCOM MovieTalk Top Pick

"Tribulation Force" -- The sequel to 2013's hit "Left Behind" featuring Kirk Cameron and Josh Lucas as two CSS Agents-turned partisans against the world reign of Nicolae Carpathian (in a CFF Award-nominated performance for Claude Jarman IV, who's Carpathian is very much like that degenerate traitor William Clinton)
Besides New Richmond, what are some of the other top 2017 TV shows in the CSA? And can you please tell us more about the characters of "Creationist Theory"?

Also, what are some of the top movies and books of 2017? And what's the video game and comic book industry like?

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides New Richmond, what are some of the other top 2017 TV shows in the CSA? And can you please tell us more about the characters of "Creationist Theory"?

Also, what are some of the top movies and books of 2017? And what's the video game and comic book industry like?
would a csa show use the word hell?

Three interesting rumors I've heard about the CSA:

1) There is a special office, supposedly located within Confederate Democratic Party HQ, that serves as a slush fund for the CSA's ruling elite. It obtains hard currency through counterfeiting currency, knockoff cigarettes and pharma sold abroad, illicit hard drug sales in ungodly nations, and illicit arms dealing.

2) Lamar Alexander's execution was faked, and he is currently imprisoned at an extremely remote prison somewhere high in the Great Smoky Mountains along with a few other high level political prisoners that the CSS got squeamish about at the last second.

3) The CSA operates a secret biogenetic weapons office as a contingency against being drowned in the 'Black Sea'. Many of its personnel came from a similar weapons project in the former Republic of South Africa. Supposedly, it has developed viruses and vaccines that would sterilize the black and colored population, as well as a hemmoragic virus engineered to kill off the black population.

Last edited:

Iron Sun

Banned

1) There is a special office, supposedly located within Confederate Democratic Party HQ, that serves as a slush fund for the CSA's ruling elite. It obtains hard currency through counterfeiting currency, knockoff cigarettes and pharma sold abroad, illicit hard drug sales in ungodly nations, and illicit arms dealing.

2) Lamar Alexander's execution was faked, and he is currently imprisoned at an extremely remote prison somewhere high in the Great Smoky Mountains along with a few other high level political prisoners that the CSS got squeamish about at the last second.

3) The CSA operates a secret biogenetic weapons office as a contingency against being drowned in the 'Black Sea'. Many of its personnel came from a similar weapons project in the former Republic of South Africa. Supposedly, it has developed viruses and vaccines that would sterilize the black and colored population, as well as a hemmoragic virus engineered to kill off the black population.
Uhhh, last time I checked, this wasn't a RP.

Deleted member 82792

Hoosier -- Nickname for a citizen of the IRNA State of Indiana.
Buckeye -- Nickname for a citizen of the IRNA State of Ohio..

In both states, border troops on both sides are at extreme close proximity , similar to the IOTL North Korea-South Korea DMZ in some places.
What do they call folks in West Virginia and all the other border states?

This begs the question: what kind of false rumors and urban legends are floating around in the Catherverse? I'd guess it's similar to OTL.