Winter Of Discontent: The Confederate Elections Of 2013

Deleted member 82792

Even if the Confederates don't celebrate Halloween, do they make horror movies at this time of year?

Deleted member 82792

Moore in the statement said, "The Confederate States cannot allow out moral fiber to be impurified and I will go to the United Nations and fight God's fight for our values! And I will say to those heathens down in Australia. You can take your Godless ways and your Clexa, and you can go to hell."
On behalf of Australians and Clexa fans everywhere Mr. Moore, you can go to Hell first.;)

Deleted member 82792

What do think is on the Confederate government's New Year's to-do list?

Winter of Discontent: A Nation On The Edge Prologue
"This time next week, millions of your fellow citizens will go to polls in the next step in selecting a new President for our Godly Confederate States of America. Everything about the 2019 campaign will be unprecedented since the changes we've seen in the process and within Confederate society since 2013.

The new campaign schedule, which has been changed from previous years, was built in part from the difficulties in the last General Election which saw postponements that stretched the campaign to near Christmas before Newton Gingrich was finally declared the winner amid a deadlock electoral college process and difficulty with in the Confederate National Congress.

The year's national party primaries will take place on Saturday July 13, 2019 with the general election to follow on Saturday November 9, 2019...."

WHAT WENT DOWN BETWEEN THEN AND NOW?

Sunday January 28, 2018: Tyrone Prothro caught 32-yard touchdown pass from Cameron Newton with :58 seconds left for the winning touchdown as the Charlotte Panthers defeated the Louisville Brecks 35-32 in the 52nd SEC Pro Don Hutson Bowl Championship.
The game had been at the center of a player-led protest against Confederate military intervention in Alaska and Chechnya, and was amid a week of violence anti-government protest at the University of Kentucky. Several more days of protests continued across the CSA state of Kentucky. CSS and state police arrested over 1,200, 60 were killed in the clashes

Monday February 5, 2018: Kentucky Governor Mitchell McConnell declares martial law in an effort to quell the continuing protest. The order was backed by Confederate federal military forces, and 1,000 Soviet Russian Spetsnaz special force troops.

Wednesday February 14, 2018: A CSA Air Force strike on rebel positions backed by Soviet Russian armor led to a surrender of Chechen rebel forces in and around the Chechnya administrative capital of Grozny. Soviet military forces marched in the city 3 days later and formally returned control after being forced to retreat from the contested city 4 years ago. A number of rebel leaders were detained or killed.
Soviet Russian Internal Minister Igor Pugo announced one week later that a Chechnya Emergency Council would be formed from native population in area. Doku Umarov, a known radical cleric who has fallen out with the main rebel organs in recent years was named as head of the council. Pugo called Umarov a "Friend of the process of internal reconciliation."

"Doku Umarov has always put himself above the people. This is yet another example of his duplicity. I hope he enjoy the morning breakfast bacon he gets from his Russian friends." -- Osama bin Laden in Haaretz, February 22, 2018

Sunday February 18, 2018: Rumors of retirement where deemed "greatly exaggerated" as Dale Earnhardt Jr. raced to his 4th career Daytona 500 victory.

-- overheard in a skybox at Daytona International Speedway

Thursday March 14, 2018: Confederate, Californian and Japanese meeting in Shanghai, CFR agree to a mutual, phased withdrawal from Alaskan territorial waters in exchange for UN inspections of Confederate shipping coming into Southern Alaska. Negotiations began on a partition of Alaska between the Confederate-backed Juneau government and an allied Free North American-backed government in the Northern Alaska, based in Point Barrow.'

-- The Confederate Senate passes the Scholastic Athletics Integration Act and send the bill to President Gingrich who signs it later that day.

Friday March 15, 2018: The Confederate Collegiate Athletic Association votes in a special session of their council of governors to allow the accredited official National Negro Universities to participate in intercollegiate athletics in keeping with the passage of the SAIA. Three weeks later the full Higher Education Integration Act is passed, opening the door for our Godly colored citizens to attend any institution in the CSA as they see fit and qualify for.

Sunday March 17, 2018: Unionist militias staged a march through Catholic areas of Belfast, Northern Iowa in protest of a Northern Ireland Unity Authority crackdown on the Paisley Protestant Front. Protestors clashed with elements of Irish Republican Army groups as UN Peacekeeping attempted to break up the sides.

19 died in the skirmishes, including a Libyan UN Peacekeeping troop.

Monday March 18, 2018/An office in Mumbai, India:

"My primary goal is a united India. We have no opinion in being a part of any region or global power block. We are a proud nation with a hope for the future."

"Yet, how will you reach that fruition if you don't win? What I offer is fuel for your bus. "

"More like fuel for your own global ambition. What does that have to do with India?"

"Like India has no ambitions?"

"Again, I seek to keep our nation whole."

"And we seek that goal with you? Imagine a peace with China, and a trade buffer against the Shanghai-Taiwan government. Work with me and mine, and I can put you in the driver's seat, and we can guarantee stability."

"What of D'Souza? He was the man you were backing."

"He was the man certain factions were backing. Our national interest toward India is now under new management, ma'am, and I'm best manager in the world."

Toby McKeehan had that charm in his eyes. The same charms that launched new spheres of influence.

"I have these last 60 days to make you a headliner. It is yours to win...If you want it."

TO: PRITCHETT CONTROL
FR: STATION SITAR
RE: STATUS OF OPERATION GWHARI

MCKEEHAN HAS DONE HIS JOB. RANDHAWA IS ON BOARD.

TO BE CONTINUED....

Last edited:
I'm glad to see the Catherverse come back, even in just a short post, @Chipperback . But don't rush yourself -- we'll be here, no matter the pace or length of each update.

It seems TTL's CSA is slowly being guided towards being a fully modern, fully open, fully human society. I would expect in a real-life situation for tears and blood to be found in places along that road, but perhaps Chip will show us how the various factions agree to live and build together peacefully. Because IMO that is the way forward -- everyone needs to see everyone else as humans, valuable in the sight of God (or humanity) and what actually matters is what's in one's heart and mind, not the shade of melatonin on one's skin, nor one's gender expression, sexual orientation, faith, politics, even who they choose to root for. People in any timeline need to be multi-cultural and celebrate their differences, and love each other and be kind to one another.

The Confederacy could very well be considered ITTL Hell: a bunch of people so prideful and reassured of their purity and superiority, they rule over a backwater, ignorant of their own evil.

The Confederacy includes a diverse group of people, black, white and some who are both. Conservative, moderate, and liberal. Status-quo, radical and anywhere in between. Christian conservative, Christian liberal and non-Christian. Religious, atheist and probably some who are anti-theist. Crimson Tide, Wildcat, Tar Heel, Blue Devil, Bulldog, Gator, Cardinal, Rebel, Razorback, Seminole, Commodore, Tiger, Cavalier, Flame, Volunteer (I'll stop here). Panther, Breck, Colonel, Cracker, Marlin, Tam, Southmen (Southpeople?), Rowdie, Destroyer (again, I'll stop here).

This Confederacy has been compared to North Korea. It is a lot of things. It has those who will go to their grave convinced their race makes them superior to other racial groups. It also has many more who are not like that, who either have had their eyes opened or need a catalyst to open their minds. It is part OTL evangelical USA, part OTL Deep South America, part Apartheid-era South Africa, with influences from OTL Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, and China that can be seen only with a deep dive into the country's military, intelligence, governmental and business structures.

This Confederacy is as modern as any Western country. It is cut off from the rest of the world by its own choices, both the ruling bodies and the general population. The good news for it is there are many groups who are unwilling to let it rot in its own piss and shit, and not just because it is covertly and overtly interfering in other nations's business and acting as a hostile country. There are numerous groups who have fought and are fighting to replace the current regime and push the nation and its people to national salvation not through nuclear weapons, but by repentance.

The Confederacy includes a diverse group of people, black, white and some who are both. Conservative, moderate, and liberal. Status-quo, radical and anywhere in between. Christian conservative, Christian liberal and non-Christian. Religious, atheist and probably some who are anti-theist. Crimson Tide, Wildcat, Tar Heel, Blue Devil, Bulldog, Gator, Cardinal, Rebel, Razorback, Seminole, Commodore, Tiger, Cavalier, Flame, Volunteer (I'll stop here). Panther, Breck, Colonel, Cracker, Marlin, Tam, Southmen (Southpeople?), Rowdie, Destroyer (again, I'll stop here).

This Confederacy has been compared to North Korea. It is a lot of things. It has those who will go to their grave convinced their race makes them superior to other racial groups. It also has many more who are not like that, who either have had their eyes opened or need a catalyst to open their minds. It is part OTL evangelical USA, part OTL Deep South America, part Apartheid-era South Africa, with influences from OTL Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, and China that can be seen only with a deep dive into the country's military, intelligence, governmental and business structures.

This Confederacy is as modern as any Western country. It is cut off from the rest of the world by its own choices, both the ruling bodies and the general population. The good news for it is there are many groups who are unwilling to let it rot in its own piss and shit, and not just because it is covertly and overtly interfering in other nations's business and acting as a hostile country. There are numerous groups who have fought and are fighting to replace the current regime and push the nation and its people to national salvation not through nuclear weapons, but by repentance.

I think the OTL Regime it is most closest to would be South Africa OTL: a nation of racial stratification with a long history of resistance found within its borders.

But I consider it to be an embodiment of the evils of OTL America.

I think the OTL Regime it is most closest to would be South Africa OTL: a nation of racial stratification with a long history of resistance found within its borders.

But I consider it to be an embodiment of the evils of OTL America.

I agree with you on both counts. I'd add that by my recollection of how Chip has written the Industrial States, that the IRNA has also embodied some of the worst traits/evils of OTL America as well. The biggest thing is how corporations became so influential in political life, the government and the military, and how corporations treat their employees. The IRNA's civil rights record seems to be identical to OTL USA as well, and while it's no Confederacy, it falls well short of other TTL North American nations (namely the GPUR and RGC).

I think it's time for a guest expert from the Catherverse to give us a quick history lesson :)

I agree with you on both counts. I'd add that by my recollection of how Chip has written the Industrial States, that the IRNA has also embodied some of the worst traits/evils of OTL America as well. The biggest thing is how corporations became so influential in political life, the government and the military, and how corporations treat their employees. The IRNA's civil rights record seems to be identical to OTL USA as well, and while it's no Confederacy, it falls well short of other TTL North American nations (namely the GPUR and RGC).

The IRNA seems a bit more authoritarian then OTL, considering it has a whole class of politicians willing to work with a nation as repugnant as the CSA, and how its leaders are always thumping their chest at their more kind neighbors.

Winter of Discontent: A Nation On The Edge Prologue (con't)
Saturday March 31, 2018/A mansion outside of Eastover Landing, North Carolina CSA

"One thing that has changed is the landed gentry of the South. They have always lived apart from the populace at large. They have always stood away from the greater society, even as they provided the sustenance in terms of culture, and finance.
Yet this gentry has largely stayed out of the morass of the politics of the land. They were those who had enough material wealth and slave labor to avoid conscription in the day of the First Confederate Republic, and now strive to merely shape and power the Second Confederate Republic.
But can that aristocracy continue to be aloof to the world around them? Can the antebellum land continue to blossom and live in this modern era? I would say eventually it will transmogrify by the forces of history and the inertia of a modern Confederate state amid a world that is changing rapidly. Too rapidly for a nation that was built on 110-year myth trying to hold on.
This was the test in the Year Of Our Lord, 1977. We had a clearest of choices before us. The malaise of the myth versus a hope for the future.
I am of the belief that we will never know the true answer to the test, or how many of our people passed it or failed it. But what I do know is that the Confederate States of America told the world who we are, and our ruling class defined what we will be.
Our nation, and our people had their election, their Godly democratic right to free vote, sullied...and for what purpose?
If we allow for this to stand without a proper due review, which is mandated by law, then we will have consigned our Godly land to be what our adversaries from across the Mississippi to across the vast oceans believe us to be.
For Jesse Helms to stand triumphant because of naked corruption and lying is exactly the type of backwards, bumpkin thinking that people ridicule our homeland for. By not allowing a true review, which is the will of the Confederate people, all the President is done has confirm us as a dirt-floor cracker nation unfit of nothing more that the slights of the civilized world.
Shall we continue on this, then all of the ruling class, especially the high antebellum class, must reckon with the dark forces it has unleashed. These are dark forces that the rulers, and our "southron sovereign antebellum royalty" shall neither have the strength, dexterity or courage to bring to heel.
We have sowed an ugly wind. God help the whirlwind to come."
-- A Call To Rationality and Reason by Prof. Shelby Foote, 1977

"Senator Speer it is good to see you," said Mortimer Whitworth, the chairman of the ConFed Bank said. "Glad you could make it here."
Senator Alfrederick Speer shook his hand in kind. "Well it is good to see a dear business partner of my brother Charles, and a pleased contributor to my effort for state and country."

Speer was the junior senator for North Carolina, 45-years old but looked younger, sharper. He was definitely handsome in a manner that was equal parts aristocratic and rugged. He was elected in 2013, after serving the Air Force and as an efficiency expert for Confederate Electric. Speer was a rarity. A numbers savant, who had a personable touch. A slide-rule mind built for politics.

Of the Speer children, and heirs, he was most like his grandfather. Himself a slide-rule mind. A mind that longed to change a world in his image. That man failed to change in homeland, but fostered the modern land that he would call home.

Many of the Speer children and families were here paying a call to a dear neighbor and benefactor. The two families have been intertwined since the 50s. The Whitworth fortune helped built the Speer Financial firm and in turn helped launch the crash industrialization and militarization of the Confederate States.

Such fell in line with the dreams of family patriarch of old. Albert Speer never saw the Berlin of his dreams. The thousand-year Reich of his ambitions. But his early plans and the efforts of a group those who fled their Germany during Die Deutsche Krieg, brought the rise of what they hoped would be a new reich...in North America.

Alfrederick Speer, and his older brother Charles, at 51 where the most ambitious. Charles Speer runs the Confederate Electric, the superconglomerate Speer helped build in the 1950s. Today, CE is the CSA's largest corporation, and its largest defense contractor.

"A fine pre-easter night, Alfrederick," Charles said.

"It is," Alfrederick said as he stared into the starry night.

"If our fathers and grandfather can see us. All of us," Charles said. "Monday, I will announce new dividends, and perhaps a foray into the wider world. Along with a little help from meine bruder."

"Glad to be of service, Charles," Alfrederick said. "Along certain types of in our body politic."

"Hopefully it can continue," Charles said worriedly. "As long as your people don't cave more. I'm worried about the course our nation is taken. I fear we may be going off the path, and even your party seems to go along with it."

Alfrederick answered, "I agree some. However, right now it's a delicate time and I understand why certain decisions are made. There are as greatly opportunities in forging peace right now. Brother, the CSA has scored a group of coups. An alliance forged in Godly fellowship. Allied nations at both ends of North America. Two powerful military allies that are a real counterweight."

"But look at what we are at home," Charles muttered. "Many of these...blue bloods don't seem to matter. But consider the rabble, especially der Schwarze Aufstand.(1) Them, and the communists, and those other types. Those Herschfelders (2). Our grandfather warned us of them. Deviants."

Alfrederick had heard the ranting before, and felt some of them. It's been spoken by others for years. Often at the underground meetings of the Bund (3). The meetings that the children and grandchildren of those who fled Germany but held their allegiance for Das Reich.

"
I think the President has been wise in his outlook so far," Alfredrick said. "He has been stern as needed, especially in Arkansas and Mississippi. But right now, with international commitments we have, it is prudent to make some peace with the blacks, and the SCLC. We if can at least slow them down, we can stabilize the situation and advance our position...and advance yours."

"There are some in the Bund who see it differently."

"Since when has Der Bund ever worried about politics?"

"Since more of our people have placed themselves within the apparatus, especially the young generation. There is an awakening to Der Bund again. The state. The ministries. The NRA."

He looked at Alfrederick, "In the Senate...and speaking on those chat shows in Sunday Morning."

"Brother, you give me too much credit."

"Alfrederick, you may not give yourself enough," Charles said. "There are some in Der Bund looking at you with great interest."

"Well, I hope they consider helping my reelection next year," Alfredrick said.

"Or perhaps...your ascendancy, Brother."

to be continued.

1. der Schwarze Aufstand/"The Black Rebellion" -- The early nickname for the Black Fist given by Odilo Globocnik in the 1960s. The name has stuck among those Confederate of German descent whose families fled during the era of the German Civil War of the mid-1940s

2. Magnus Hirschfeld/"Hirschfelders" -- German physician and sexologist who help found the Institut für Sexualwissenschaft in 1919. Just as IOTL, the Nazis burnt down the institute in 1933, and he fled Nazi Germany. He died May 14, 1935 in Nice France. But his writing in exile unlike IOTL made their way to the free world in during the turbulent 1940s and 1950s. The research he managed to recollect and write before his death were safeguarded by those who made their way to Britain, France and North America. The surviving texts from the night the institute were found my many friendly hands that made their way to the nations of North America in the years during and after the fall of the Nazi Reich and the German Civil War period. Some of the precious documents found their way in universities in California, the RMR, The LSR and the GPUR...And some of those writing are in the hands of the Magnolia Army in the CSA.
The name "Hirschfelder" as a slur for LGBTQ resistance within the CSA was coined in as the Magnolia Army rose in the 1980s and early 1990s, amid the worst of the Helms years. It was first coined by CSS officers who were descendants of supporters of the Nazi Reich.

3. Der Deutsche Bund der Konföderierten Staaten von Amerika/The German Federation of the Confederate States of America -- First formed by a group of German ex-pat in Richmond, Virginia in 1954, Der Bund is a social and networking organization of the descendant of those who left Germany for the CSA during the German Civil War, but have expanded their rolls to include Confederates of German lineage of who came to North America during the waves of immigration in the 18th and 19th centuries. In many ways the Bund was more of an economic and social bloc, divided politically between those who preferred to stay out of the politics of the CSA and guide from a position of economic activity, and those who sought to follow in the footsteps of Die Gruppe der Fünf. Five high ranking officials of Adolf Hitler's government, who survived and were aided in an escape to the Confederate States during and after the German Civil War.

The Five Were:

• Albert Speer -- Hitler's minister of Armaments and War Production who became a special minister for Industry and Economics for Strom Thurmond in 1949. He helped organize a group of companies to form Confederate Electric in 1953. Today CE is run by a grandson, Charles Speer and was bankrolled through the 1960s and 1970s by Speer Financial, a company set up by Speer and group of financiers from Germany who also fled. The Speer firm was brought by the founded family of the First National Bank of the Confederacy, now known as ConFedBank in 1976. A deal which made Albert Speer one of the richest men in the CSA by the time of his death in 1983.
  • Karl Dönitz -- Admiral Dönitz helped formed the modern Confederate Navy, including taking on a commission as an Admiral during the Trade War, while also running Confederate Boat, which he reorganized from a group of smaller companies in 1956. He ran the nation's largest shipbuilder until ill-health forced him to resign in 1978. He died at his home in South Carolina in 1980.
  • Hermann Göring -- What Dönitz did on sea, Göring did for the air. He joined forces with Industrial American defector Charles Lindbergh and formed the Southern Aviation Corporation in 1948, which later became WrightSouth in 1951. Göring oversaw a number of projects, the first of which was getting design and engineering talent to defect, and with the aid of surviving SS officers and spies who fled to the CSS, he was able to get designers and engineers who agreed with the CSA's racial and religious policies to move to the country and work on a host of ambitious projects, including the first combat jets used by the CSA and their allies in the Mid-North American War and the Trade War. A few of Göring's descendant are among high executive, engineering and design staff across many of Confederacy's aviation and aerospace firms, and according to records four of his great-grandchildren are currently serving as pilots in the Confederate Air Force. Ironically, perhaps his most gifted great-child in flight. A great-granddaughter defected to the GPUR in 2015, sources within the underground railroad says she is a civilian pilot in the GPUR, but a lot is unknown.
  • Odilo Globočnik -- A special Obergruppenfuhrer for resettlement for Adolf Hitler, Globocnik was the architect of two key systems of the CSA. He, along with Speer, built the laws and regulations that formed the modern system of "industrial slavery" of African-Confederates, including the development of the work rules and the building of the "Negro Semi-Autonomous Zones". The "bantu" system of social, political and economic control of black Confederate. "Globus" as he was nicknamed by the antigovernment black resistance, is best known for being the only member of the Die Gruppe who were assassinated by the Black Fist. Globocnik was kidnapped and executed outside of Atlanta, Georgia on September 21, 1975. He was the first high profile political target of the infamous Black Fist assassin known as "34"
  • Reinhard Heydrich -- Nicknamed "Hangman" in the Hitler era, Heydrich was a man of such intensity for his work and his desire toward the SS, that he even scared Strom Thurmond. Heydrich was the main force behind the creation of the National Special Police, which was the forerunner and template of what we know today as the Confederate State Security Agency. Heydrich trained much of high cadre that became the native core of the CSS, including the first Chairman for State Security Laurie Pritchett. Heydrich was a Command General for special CSS field troops in the Trade War in the Chinese theater. Heydrich was the first member of Die Gruppe to die. He was killed in an RGC bombing raid on the PRC city of Chengdu during the Trade War on June 4, 1964. The raid and his death marked one of the first high profile bombing missions planned by RGC Air Force General Barry Goldwater, who acted on intelligence pinpointing Heydrich at the Chengdu forward HQ of the Confederate forces aiding the Red Chinese. Today a number of the descendants of Heydrich are sprinkled in the CSS, but there are files within the CSS on a few kin who renounce their ancestor and have defected from the CSA to country in the free world. One of his descendant is a noted anti-fascist politician in the South German Union who became the party leader for the Rote Armee Fraktion in the SGU in 2018.

Last edited:

Deleted member 82792

Are there any German-Confederates who are ashamed of their Nazi past and working with the Black Fist?

Are there any German-Confederates who are ashamed of their Nazi past and working with the Black Fist?

A few. Very few. Mainly because those who were ashamed of the Nazi regime never moved to the Confederate States. Within the CSA, there are some who learned of the great-grandfather SS officer or Wehrmacht Obergruppenfuhrer and some of the things they did or some of the things other around them are doing as a CSS officer or army troop and are driven to support the efforts to take down the government, but a large part of your answer was decided in the mid-to-late 1940. Those who came to the CSA from Germany largely were those whom supported the Nazi Reich and saw a chance to live by the ideals in the CSA.

Among German Confederate society, at least in the 1940s-1970s, there was largely a "don't get close to THEM" sort of idea. THEM being the largely Scots-Irish descended Confederate southerners. The Germans who came after the German Civil War looked their noses down at the CSA in many ways, even as the CSA took them in.
Such feeling subsided somewhat in future generation who took their places in Confederate society, and often took prominent places in that society. Largely in the sciences, industry and economics. The first generations of Germans-descended Confederates to participate in the wider society on a huge scale came during the Trade War, where many Germans joined the armed forces, while others because of the heavy influence of the Die Gruppe who created the CSS, joined CSS service.
Yet it was next generations who found a greater foothold in politics because of the greater assimilation into Confederate society. The generation of Alfrederick Speer saw the first mass election of grandchildren of the early immigrants from the Nazi Reich into power position in the CSA's body politic. Among the generations under Alfredrick and Charles, much of their orientation depends on the position of their family in society. Those who tend to be high society, tend to other act like the native landed gentry who rather uninvolved or they take prime places in the machinery of the system.
Those below either get in where the fit in and march to the beat of traditional Confederate morality, leave the country or throw in with the antigovernment groups based on their political orientation.

Once again, Chip shines a bright flashlight into the dark corners of the CSA.

One wonders what will become of the current "high society" within the Confederacy once the current order is finally overturned.

A few. Very few. Mainly because those who were ashamed of the Nazi regime never moved to the Confederate States. Within the CSA, there are some who learned of the great-grandfather SS officer or Wehrmacht Obergruppenfuhrer and some of the things they did or some of the things other around them are doing as a CSS officer or army troop and are driven to support the efforts to take down the government, but a large part of your answer was decided in the mid-to-late 1940. Those who came to the CSA from Germany largely were those whom supported the Nazi Reich and saw a chance to live by the ideals in the CSA.

Among German Confederate society, at least in the 1940s-1970s, there was largely a "don't get close to THEM" sort of idea. THEM being the largely Scots-Irish descended Confederate southerners. The Germans who came after the German Civil War looked their noses down at the CSA in many ways, even as the CSA took them in.
Such feeling subsided somewhat in future generation who took their places in Confederate society, and often took prominent places in that society. Largely in the sciences, industry and economics. The first generations of Germans-descended Confederates to participate in the wider society on a huge scale came during the Trade War, where many Germans joined the armed forces, while others because of the heavy influence of the Die Gruppe who created the CSS, joined CSS service.
Yet it was next generations who found a greater foothold in politics because of the greater assimilation into Confederate society. The generation of Alfrederick Speer saw the first mass election of grandchildren of the early immigrants from the Nazi Reich into power position in the CSA's body politic. Among the generations under Alfredrick and Charles, much of their orientation depends on the position of their family in society. Those who tend to be high society, tend to other act like the native landed gentry who rather uninvolved or they take prime places in the machinery of the system.
Those below either get in where the fit in and march to the beat of traditional Confederate morality, leave the country or throw in with the antigovernment groups based on their political orientation.

Is there a good deal of friction between the old-school Confederates (the cotton and sugar plantation owners) and these Nazi-Confederates? Do the latter wish to supplant the former as the ruling aristocrats, and build the dreamed of "New Order" on Southern soil?

what happened to Goering's ant-Nazi brother?