WI: Sony teamed up with Microsoft

I’ve seen plenty of Nintendo-Sony team-up TLs, some Sega-Microsoft TLs and a couple of Nintendo-Microsoft TLs, but not a single Sony-Microsoft TL.

It’s known that before the public announcement of the PlayStation 2, Microsoft CEO Bill Gates approached Sony CEO Nobuyuki Idei about wanting Sony to use Microsoft’s programming tools for the console, but Idei turned down the offer. But what if Microsoft approached Sony and instead offered to collaborate with them on their next console? It would be a PS2-Xbox hybrid with the guts of OTL’s Xbox.

I’ve seen plenty of Nintendo-Sony team-up TLs, some Sega-Microsoft TLs and a couple of Nintendo-Microsoft TLs, but not a single Sony-Microsoft TL.

It’s known that before the public announcement of the PlayStation 2, Microsoft CEO Bill Gates approached Sony CEO Nobuyuki Idei about wanting Sony to use Microsoft’s programming tools for the console, but Idei turned down the offer. But what if Microsoft approached Sony and instead offered to collaborate with them on their next console? It would be a PS2-Xbox hybrid with the guts of OTL’s Xbox.
Why?

I think that Sega should team up with Nintendo then for the Gamecube.