WI: Nickelodeon with its own version of Adult Swim

Allow me to suggest some more ideas. If these sound like bottom of the barrel shows, it's because literally all of the good ideas were already mentioned.

1: Ren and Stimpy: Adult Party Cartoon. I know this would turn a few heads, but listen up for a second. It's based on a popular Nicktoon, the original series was very controversial when it first aired on daytime Nick, and if it was on Nick at Nite instead of Spike TV, we might be able to see a more cohesive reboot than what we got IOTL.

2: South Park reruns. Basically, if Daria and Beavis & Butthead count for a rebroadcast, then so can South Park.

3: Constant Payne. We know that the 9/11 allegory caused Nick to get cold feet in hindsight, but what if they allowed Micah Wright to retool the pilot so that we don't see the Twin Towers nearly get crushed in an animated cartoon? I mean, everything else about it is great for a high school senior or college freshman demographic.

4: Star Trek: Lower Decks. Basically take the OTL show from Paramount+, and change some things around so that it's prime for Nicktoons at Nite, a name which I actually created for a different timeline that never got off the ground.

5: Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. Seeing the popularity of Invader Zim, this comic might get adapted if the little Irken that couldn't actually got a boost from the new home.

6: Life in Hell. Speaking of old adult-skewing comics, Matt Groening's relationship with Craig Bartlett should be enough to actually get a cartoon based on Binky's story.

Additionally, I can see Drawn Together work as an actual Nicktoons crossover series with a bit of satire on the generational gap between the 90's and 2000's eras of the brand.

Not a bad collection for a guy who randomly stumbled upon this thread.

IIRC Matt was very protective with Life in hell but if Nick at night revive Futurama as OTL, might be possible.
Well, one of my suggestions was more than likely to flop. Besides, Fry has the voice of Doug Funnie and the hair color to match the network. If anything, I'm surprised a Futurama revival didn't cross my mind when thinking of that.
Yeah very solid ideas buddy
Thanks!

Alright, so Adult Swim started in September, 2001. Now, there's likely not to be an immediate turnaround since nothing ever really does, so the most likely point where changes in programming would occur is somewhere around 03-04. That should give an idea of what toys Nick can add to its sandbox.

Alright, so Adult Swim started in September, 2001. Now, there's likely not to be an immediate turnaround since nothing ever really does, so the most likely point where changes in programming would occur is somewhere around 03-04. That should give an idea of what toys Nick can add to its sandbox.
I was thinking the same thing. Which is why I'm sort of shocked that no one brought up APS as a logical idea for this block.

You know, aside from the hatred people have for it. But that's not too relevant right now.

I was thinking the same thing. Which is why I'm sort of shocked that no one brought up APS as a logical idea for this block.

You know, aside from the hatred people have for it. But that's not too relevant right now.
Adult Party Show, it could happen but APS was so 'shocking just to be shocking' the Schick lose his luster very quickly and we just got a very mediocre cartoon, but depends what Nick wants, as CN did pushed the Edge with ATHF and others early AS originals

Adult Party Show, it could happen but APS was so 'shocking just to be shocking' the Schick lose his luster very quickly and we just got a very mediocre cartoon, but depends what Nick wants, as CN did pushed the Edge with ATHF and others early AS originals

Plus didn't like people who worked with John K hate him? And Nick ended up firing him as well? If they considered bringing it back, it'd have to be under a new creator or it's more likely that he'll take it to Spike.

Plus didn't like people who worked with John K hate him? And Nick ended up firing him as well? If they considered bringing it back, it'd have to be under a new creator or it's more likely that he'll take it to Spike.
Why not Bob Camp? I mean, that's what basically happened in the original American Magic.