WI Joachim Von Ribbentrop never existed?

What would be the consequences for the foreign relations? Would Hitler invade Poland? Tell me everything that comes to your mind as a consequence for this POD.

My guess is someone else will be doing the negotations and the pact would be called after him. There may be some differences in the pact, but it'll be roughly the same.

Ribbentrop was a devout Anglophobe and was one of those assuring Hitler Britain and France would standby when Germany invaded Poland. Hitler accepted this argument as part of his reasoning to invade. So that’s definitely a butterfly.

But otherwise, I don’t think there’s much overall difference.

Perhaps he wouldn't mess up Anglo-German relations quite so thoroughly. The incident where Rib gave King George the Nazi salute, for example, wouldn't happen. I hope. .

If Riddentrop is out... Could it be Hess? His educational background was in geopolitics and he had been in charge of efforts to reach out to the German diaspora.

Replacing the raging anglophobe with an outright anglophile would be interesting...

As I note at https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...es-with-china-not-japan.486295/#post-20392809 "Ribbentrop was the man who made the most strenuous efforts (even before he became Foreign Minister) to redirect the focus of German Far Eastern policy away from China and toward Japan, with whom he sought a real military alliance, not just the largely propagandistic Anti-Comintern Pact." But as I also note in that post, such a siwtch in German policy would almost certainly have come about even without RIbbentrop.

thaddeus

Donor
As I note at https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...es-with-china-not-japan.486295/#post-20392809 "Ribbentrop was the man who made the most strenuous efforts (even before he became Foreign Minister) to redirect the focus of German Far Eastern policy away from China and toward Japan, with whom he sought a real military alliance, not just the largely propagandistic Anti-Comintern Pact." But as I also note in that post, such a siwtch in German policy would almost certainly have come about even without RIbbentrop.
ninja'd my observation

one of the issues with German-Japanese relations was that Japan really wasn't enthusiastic (at least until the fall of France), so a change to someone else perhaps more focused on German materials shortages (and the greater economic benefits from China) might be a fatal delay?

after Vichy regime established, they might seem a better option than elusive Japan, when the "crunch" over Indochina occurs?

If Riddentrop is out... Could it be Hess? His educational background was in geopolitics and he had been in charge of efforts to reach out to the German diaspora.

Replacing the raging anglophobe with an outright anglophile would be interesting...
This, this is interesting. What would be the consequences of putting Hess in charge instead of Ribbentrop? I read that Ribbentrop was hated by everyone for his aggressive and idiotic behaviour, so I was interested to know the best candidate for a foreign minister more polite and friendly to other nations(and not trying to actively being an idiot and make enemies everywhere...)

This, this is interesting. What would be the consequences of putting Hess in charge instead of Ribbentrop? I read that Ribbentrop was hated by everyone for his aggressive and idiotic behaviour, so I was interested to know the best candidate for a foreign minister more polite and friendly to other nations(and not trying to actively being an idiot and make enemies everywhere...)
Considering Hess’ increasingly esoteric views they might be befuddled instead of enraged.