WI: Germany mass produces Bob Semple tanks

What if the German spies had accessed the blueprints of Bob Semple tanks in New Zealand and are impressed as how they could possibly consume less fuel since that's what Germany lacked during WW2 and as a result, the Germans then mass produce the tanks and use it for the invasion of the Soviet Union in June 1941. What would happen with the Germans invading the USSR with 500,000 Bob Semple tanks? How would the war last? What would Hitler do?

Total Nazi Victory.

Nothing could stop the Bob Semple tank, a weapon of war so dangerous it was never deployed by the Allies for fear of the sheer, unparalled destrcution they would cause.

500,000 semple tanks, each toppling sideways, crushing thier cowering foes beneath the corrugated awesomeness.....glorious

What if the Germans also build the Big Bob tank alongside the Bob Semple tank?
vxyijn6.jpg

What if the German spies had accessed the blueprints of Bob Semple tanks in New Zealand and are impressed as how they could possibly consume less fuel since that's what Germany lacked during WW2 and as a result, the Germans then mass produce the tanks and use it for the invasion of the Soviet Union in June 1941. What would happen with the Germans invading the USSR with 500,000 Bob Semple tanks? How would the war last? What would Hitler do?

Pulling our legs here, I guess.

Anyway, leaving aside everything else, 500,000 95-kW engines do not consume LESS fuel than the engines of the actually useful tanks the Germans fielded in June 1941 in incredibly smaller numbers. They consume MORE fuel.
500,000 of these tanks, if the design is not modified, seem to require 3 million MGs; so even the German infantry is weaker than in OTL, due to shortages of squad MGs.

Deleted member 94680

Due to the limitations of requirements and resources, the tank was a functional failure. By using a large tractor as a base, and bolting on a hastily designed and poorly constructed tank superstructure, the resultant tanks were inadequately armoured, extremely heavy (20–25 ton), unstable, restricted by tractor gearing to slow speeds, and had to stop to change gears. Furthermore, due to the shape of the underlying tractor and undue vibrations, shooting from the tank was both difficult and inevitably inaccurate.

All of these limitations have often caused the Bob Semple Tank to be regarded as "the worst tank ever built".

Yeah, I’m sure it would have been fantastic.

Due to the limitations of requirements and resources, the tank was a functional failure. By using a large tractor as a base, and bolting on a hastily designed and poorly constructed tank superstructure, the resultant tanks were inadequately armoured, extremely heavy (20–25 ton), unstable, restricted by tractor gearing to slow speeds, and had to stop to change gears. Furthermore, due to the shape of the underlying tractor and undue vibrations, shooting from the tank was both difficult and inevitably inaccurate.

All of these limitations have often caused the Bob Semple Tank to be regarded as "the worst tank ever built".

Yeah, I’m sure it would have been fantastic.
Well better than the Ghanaian auto industry's indigenous attempt at tank design, though I suppose that is more an armored carhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h5uTo1-h20

marathag

Banned
At least it had treads
Behold, the John Deere A-II AFV
521028_1.jpg

Pretty much what you think it is, a standard Deere Model A with tincladding and two buckets with an MG operator inside
And no, the Army didn't want these in 1941

Deleted member 94680

It’s amazing how many early tanks didn’t take artillery into account and seem to be armoured against and armed with machine guns only.

FBKampfer

Banned
It's amazing how many bad ways there are to make an AFV.

I'm always surprised when someone comes up with a new shitty idea.

It’s amazing how many early tanks didn’t take artillery into account and seem to be armoured against and armed with machine guns only.

At least the Spanish Civil War proved just how limited these were.

Hell even this commie monstrosity is better than the bob semple
View attachment 510910

IIRC some of the armor was concrete. But with a 45mm cannon it could take out Panzer I's and II's as well as early III's and IV's...