WI: An American President related to Chinese Communist Party

Just not sure why someone with those connections would seek to immigrate, but just assuming they do, America will hear Commie and look elsewhere for leadership.
I mean that would be someone who is born in America but related to CCP as his cousins is in CCP.

I can't honestly say that this will affect much. I mean, George Bush's brother, Neil slept with prostitutes, cheated on his wife, and was accused of insider trading while George was running for president.

I can't honestly say that this will affect much. I mean, George Bush's brother, Neil slept with prostitutes, cheated on his wife, and was accused of insider trading while George was running for president.

The list of US presidents who have fuckups in their family is long and storied. One of those fuckups even became POTUS himself.

Man, I can already hear the attack ads.

In any case, a lot of Chinese people (and thus presumably Chinese-American people) have relatives in the CPC. The party isn't quite at 100 million members, but they're not that far off from that figure.

Dolan

Banned
Last time I checked, the closest relative in power of Andrew Yang is Admiral Yang Wen Li of the Free Planets Starfleet.

They get trashed for it in their primary campaign AND in the election by their rival. This is huge baggage for them, but not an insurmountable one if the opponent has likewise damning issues. Or if in the primaries they can power through it by virtue of the other candidates being obscure/more dislikeable.

Just who are you referring to
Too many presidents.

Last time I checked, the closest relative in power of Andrew Yang is Admiral Yang Wen Li of the Free Planets Starfleet.
No wonder why everyone kept telling him to take over the Free Planets Alliance.

Just a cousin? Come on. Look at some presidential brothers: Billy Carter, Roger Clinton, Jr., Neil Bush... I'm not saying a Chinese-American president wouldn't face some prejudice, but whether his cousins were CCP members would have very little to do with it.

BTW, I don't think anyone believed that the connection (via marriage) of the Diaz-Balart family (which included two congressmen from Florida) with the Castros made the Diaz-Balarts in Congress any less anti-Castro. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Díaz-Balart_family

Last edited:
George W. Bush. The guy who had alcohol and drug problems before he got clean and went into politics.

It isn't hard to dig up similar issues regarding Al Gore. He was part of that Vietnam War generation and faced serious issues because his father used him as a prop for re-election (which he lost), and according to a former operative in the Tennessee Democratic Party, lost the presidency for refusing to moderate his public stance toward certain social issues. But either Bush or Gore isn't much compared to other misdeeds done by US presidents. George Washington helped start the Seven Years War, Andrew Jackson killed plenty of people in duels, etc.

Just a cousin? Come on. Look at some presidential brothers: Billy Carter, Roger Clinton, Jr., Neil Bush... I'm not saying a Chinese-American president wouldn't face some prejudice, but whether his cousins were CCP members would have very little to do with it.

BTW, I don't think anyone believed that the connection (via marriage) of the Diaz-Balart family (which included two congressmen from Florida) with the Castros made the Diaz-Balarts in Congress any less anti-Castro. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Díaz-Balart_family

Many did not want to vote for JFK in case he was under control of the Pope, not to mention his father's connections to some "Italian american business people in the import export business" and his pro German stance in ww2.

Last edited:
Man, I can already hear the attack ads.

In any case, a lot of Chinese people (and thus presumably Chinese-American people) have relatives in the CPC. The party isn't quite at 100 million members, but they're not that far off from that figure.

Yeah i was thinking that, thered be a few