Which defunct countries you would like to survive in an ATL 2.0

Empire of China (I'll settle for the Republic of China)
Manchukuo (as a free, democratic, constitutional monarchy)
Kingdom of Poland (from WW1)
West Indies Federation
Danzig
Venice
Navarre

- Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth - perhaps extended to Ukraine as well on equal grounds (ASB?)
- Republic of Venice
- Tsardom of Bulgaria - Tsar of Bulgaria is a bit of running joke among my mates
- United States of Central America
- Gran Colombia
- Sokot Empire
- Federation of West Indies - that would be interesting
- Boer Republics
- Kingdom of Hungary - pre WW1, separated from Austrian crown.
- Czechoslovakia - For Great Justice
- United Netherlands
- Peru-Bolivian Union - if it was some different union in South America I apologise.
- Some sort of West African Federation of French speaking countries - don't know if ASB or not.

All states I'd like to see survive to the present day, albeit not all in the same TL.

- Assyria
- Tawantinsuyu
- West Indies Federation
- Qing Chinese Empire
- Kingdom of Navarre
- Republic of Venice/Genoa/Ragusa (pick one or more)
- remaining Ainu!Hokkaido, or if that doesn't count, the Republic of Ezo (and yes, I know they're unrelated in everything other than location)
- Republic of Texas
- Newfoundland
- Kingdom of the Ryukyus
- Kingdom of Afghanistan

Last edited:
In terms of improving the world, rather than being interesting in the Chinese sense:

The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Austria-Hungary, the various merchant republics, Republic of China (ruling over all of China)/monarchial China, non-Communist Russia, non-unified Germany.

In terms of improving the world, rather than being interesting in the Chinese sense:

The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Austria-Hungary, the various merchant republics, Republic of China (ruling over all of China)/monarchial China, non-Communist Russia, non-unified Germany.

How do those improve the world?

A short list of some of the states I think should've survived to create the best and grooviest world possible:

Kaan
Gwynedd
Mutul
Pa'Chan
Chola Empire
Iroquois Confederacy
Wabanaki Confederacy
Republic of China
Chatan
Haida Gwaii
Benin Empire
Malagasy Kingdom
Baak'
Achaemenid Persia
K'iche' Kingdom of Q'umarkaj
League of Mayapan

A short list of some of the states I think should've survived to create the best and grooviest world possible:

Kaan
Gwynedd
Mutul
Pa'Chan
Chola Empire
Iroquois Confederacy
Wabanaki Confederacy
Republic of China
Chatan
Haida Gwaii
Benin Empire
Malagasy Kingdom
Baak'
Achaemenid Persia
K'iche' Kingdom of Q'umarkaj
League of Mayapan

:D:cool::D:cool:

(Filler)

Empire of Mali
Iroqouis Confederacy
Hedjaz
Wales
Aceh
Republic of Hokkaido
Empire of Abyssinia
Zulu Empire
Lanfang
Gran Colombia

I also think the Chola Empire could also be interesting with Southern India, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia all combined who knows what the possibilities could be!

I also prefer a Chola Empire as quoted above. But then the Mauryan Empire will be confined to the north of the Vindhyas. Mainly centred in North India and extending outwards.

A Roman Empire, directly descended from the original, never annexed, moved, renamed, or anything, but just including Rome and the surrounding fields. Think somewhere between Vatican City and the Papal States in size.

I'll go with a Byzantine empire limited to Western Anatolia, Cyprus and Antioch. A Gothic Eastern Europe (re: Poland) and a Hunnic Slavonia and Banat. Duchy of Brittany and Duchy of Normandy in PU with England. Independent Occitania. Oh, and a German Empire. And a Scandinavian Union. And maybe the CSA for the sake of fighting them again. :p

1. Kingdom of Ryukyu
2. Formosan Republic
3. First Philippine Republic
4. Federation of South Arabia
5. Byzantine Empire (in surviving form: OTL Greece, Cyprus and most of Turkey except northeast and southeast regions)
6. Armenian Kingdom
7. Circassia
8. Tangut nation
9. Madjapahit Empire
10. Kingdom of Madagascar
11. Gothic Crimea
12. Zanzibar
13. Aramean nation

Last edited:

rebeu

Banned
Communist Yemen-turned-tourism-capitalist-Indian-Ocean-with-Arab-Traditions-Paradise is nice