What if these 2 aircraft meet in combat ….

I’ve only played it a few times, but this entire thread is a Check Your 6! Wishlist.

pic257854.jpg

pic767095.jpg

How about Argentina purchasing F8 Crusaders and A7s for their carrier and maintaining it better. So add in one of the Brits carriers with F4s still being usable when the Falklands come around. So a mixture of A4s/F8s/A7s and ideally Mirages operating from improved airstrips in the Falklands versus British Harriers, Buccanneers and F4Ks. Hell maybe have the US accidentally loose some Skipper laser guided semi armor piercing HE bombs on Accension for operating from the Brits real carrier. Though the very unrealistic "Short term loan of a US Essex class for the Brits still appeals to me. I was thinking the Argentines would have invested more in the engineering assets needed to expand the air facilities on the island. Hell maybe for operating from the Falklands the Argentines operate a small number of F5s as point interceptors and light strike from the Falklands. Maybe also extra Argentine ground based air defenses. Maybe more Rolands, Chapparals, Rapiers and such.

I'll play again.

Isreali Avia S-199 vs RAF Spitfire F.18e or Tempest F.6.

I was working on a 72nd S-199 with the blown hood and a recce pack to end up as an Isreali one but in the light of recent events, I don't do Isreali subjects.

Last edited:
How about Royal Netherlands Air Force Koolhoven F.K.55's coming against Luftwaffe BF-109's in the Low Countries in 1940?

or

Royal Netherlands Air Force Koolhaven F.K.58's going against Mitsubishi "Zero's" in the Battle for the Dutch East Indies in 1941/2 instead of Brewster Buffalo's?

I remember vaguely an article talking about a test in the 60s between a EE Lightning and a Spitfire.

In short, the Spitfire out turned the Lightning comfortably if the Lightning was at low speed, but all the lightning pilot needed to do was push the throttles forward and the Spit had no hope of keeping up long enough to get a shot in. The Lightning's best course of action was steep climbing attacks from below or diving attacks.

edit: found it

sadly unreadable without a subscription

Nick P

Donor
sadly unreadable without a subscription
You don't need a subscription for this one:

How about in the East African Campaign WWII, the Germans get some forces into Italian Somaliland Afrika Korp style.

Thus RAF Vicker's Wellesleys come into combat Heinkel He-70's?

How about in the East African Campaign WWII, the Germans get some forces into Italian Somaliland Afrika Korp style.

Thus RAF Vicker's Wellesleys come into combat Heinkel He-70's?
I think I'd be rooting for the Wellesley, as it does have both forward and rear mg (Defiant designers please note!), and the He70 has a reputation for being fragile and flammable. Given its higher speed, a no-score draw seems likely, but if there's any firing, the Wellesley is likely to come off best.

Defiant vs Roc.
The two best [1] production turret fighters of WW2 in a battle for air supremancy!

[1] as far as I know, the only two production turret fighters of WW2, but also the two best.