What if these 2 aircraft meet in combat ….

Fleet Air Arm Seafire 47 vs Indonesian P51?
The Indonesian Mustangs were P51Ds which had the 1490hp rolls royce merlin while the Rolls Royce Griffon 88 with 2350hp was on the Seafire.

The seafire is better armed (4 20mm cannons vs 6 heavy machine guns). The seafire climbs better and is faster.

I'd give it to the seafire in an even battle but the Mustang would be reliant on having an altitude advantage.

The Indonesian Mustangs were P51Ds which had the 1490hp rolls royce merlin while the Rolls Royce Griffon 88 with 2350hp was on the Seafire.

The seafire is better armed (4 20mm cannons vs 6 heavy machine guns). The seafire climbs better and is faster.

I'd give it to the seafire in an even battle but the Mustang would be reliant on having an altitude advantage.
Don't forget pilot experience.

The FAA pilots will thoroughly whip their Indonesian opponents.

IIRC the Seafires were relegated to the reserves by the end of the Korean War, well before the confrontation kicked off. Sea Hawks on t'other hand...

For sheer sillyness:

A Sopwith Camel vs a F-104.

Now, how that would come about, I have no idea.

Also (even though it is pre 1945) - An R23 Airship vs a Zeppelin over the North Sea in WW1.

IIRC the Seafires were relegated to the reserves by the end of the Korean War, well before the confrontation kicked off. Sea Hawks on t'other hand...
Relations between Britain and Indonesia weren't exactly good throughout the 50's so it's not impossible that there could have been incidents.

Slowest dogfight ever…
Who has the best incendiaries?
I'd think a well-supplied COW gun or two would have a big advantage over pretty much anything contemporary except a Maxim pompom - the impact of a full 20 round pompom belt on an airship would be fairly devastating even if the fuses weren't triggered and it just punched a lot of big holes.
If it was normal rifle calibre mgs, I suspect they'd still be at it now.

Sukhoi Su-39 vs A10 Warthog
144e1070a6bd3b8d9cf4005e7697cb7d.jpg