What if the US found actually found Nuke’s in Iraq?

People just don't leave WMDs lying around, for someone to find on an off-chance.
it always amuses me when people say "If Iran gets nukes, then terrorists will be nuking Israel and the US!!:" There are lots of reasons why we don't want Iran to have nukes, but fearing that they will be giving them out like candy to terrorists isn't one of them....

If Saddam had nukes, he would have used them, easy as that. His regimes survival was EXPLICTLY at stake, and his own personal survival would be tied in intimately with that. Why not set the nuke off in view of the border and then say that the next two will be directed at Mecca and Jerusalem if so much as one foreign jet violates Iraqi airspace. Go big or go home. Yes, this ratchets up the tension dramatically, but are Israel and the US willing to provoke a now proven nuclear state anyways on the assumption that anti-missile defense can *maybe* intercept all the inbounds? Or that they know where *all* the launch sites are?

Last edited:
it always amuses me when people say "If Iran gets nukes, then terrorists will be nuking Israel and the US!!:" There are lots of reasons why we don't want Iran to have nukes, but fearing that they will be giving them out like candy to terrorists isn't one of them....
Sure, any WMD needs a delivery system and I think the fear is greater that a domestic enemy might get ahold of a WMD and use it internally. I had a political science professor who had a funny spiel about what if the Chicago Police and the Mafia got nukes.

Sure, any WMD needs a delivery system and I think the fear is greater that a domestic enemy might get ahold of a WMD and use it internally. I had a political science professor who had a funny spiel about what if the Chicago Police and the Mafia got nukes.
Well, there's sure as heck going to be a protection racket in place really fast--most likely two...

Based on this question, what would have happened if US forces in Iraq were caught in a nuclear explosion similar to Modern Warfare?