What if Japan saw an early Satchou Alliance?

What if Satsuma and Choushuu formed the Satchou Alliance earlier and the Kinmon incident was thus supported by a larger alliance?

Would the Boshin-setsu go differently? How does modernization go, with Koumei still alive?

What if Koumei dies in the chaos of a successful Kinmon incident, how does modernization proceed with a 10-year-old Meiji?

Well to do that you'd require an early enough of a POD to change Satsuma's stance, they were fierce supporters of the retaining Shogunate authority for the purpose of fighting against Choushuu influences despite previously having an antagonistic relation with the Shogunate.

They only formed the Satchou alliance after witnessing the Shogunate's hardline approach against the Choushuu-han following the first campaign, which went against Satsuma's vision of a kobugattai with a balance between imperial and Shogunate authority.

Essentially, the Satsuma were interested in a balance, they did not want a strong overbearing Shogunate nor a restored imperial government under the Choushuu-han alone, and they could switch their sides depending on who would threat the balance more.

Now about Komei, he was quite open to kobu-gattai along with the Shogun Iemochi. A lasting Imperial and Shogunate infrastructure under both of them at the helm (provided that Iemochi isn't controlled by the likes of Ii Naosuke or Hitotsubashi Keiki/next Shogun) would probably try to work together a better settlement.
Although I'm unsure of Komei's pull to stop a full-blown destruction of the Shogunate if the Satcho were to gain an overwhelming advantage. I'm inclined to say that the Imperial Court had very little pull in how to drive forward the restoration movement beyond giving legitimacy to certain sides in the early stages.

Also Komei was quite against Western influences stemming from the Western encroachment of Japanese native (his and the Shogun's)authority I wouldn't be surprised if he poses more of a conservative barrier than his malleable son in the modernization movement had he survived longer. Although if anything, if the Iwakura mission (if it happens) might still change his mind.