War of 1812. The french twist

It misses that the impressment issue had ceased by the time war was declared, and misses that the U.S. gained border forts it was entitled to in the last war.

The former doesn't make any differance to the balance of victory and defeat, and is kind of hard to do in the age of radio (every analogy is indeed imperfect, but this one is rather eerily close). The latter, schmeh. The US lets Mexico have those islands in the Rio Grande or whatever they were, the ones that were disputed for a while. Mexican victory is now complete!
Basically im biased toward anything thats an Ameriwank

Well, that's not exactly my come of tea, but then given my own secret glee whenever Germany trounces anyone but Britain or Britain trounces anyone, I can't complain.

However, we're talking about OTL. Since it's an Ameriwank, you have every right to be biased towards it, but that doesn't change the facts of the War of 1812. Which were: you'd need a very persuasive man to convince me that you even drew.

Well it is a draw in the fact that while the Americans did not gain Canada they were finally able to gain there border forts in the Northwest, and were able to gain British recognition of American Louisiana. This was one of the reasons for the war's escalation in the first place. So a fledgling nation was again able to prove that it would not roll over for the British and held on to the prize of New Orleans, over British Objections.