Victoria II

Can't really help it if they put them in the post rather than as an attachment. I have NO IDEA how to not quote pictures.

Really? I mean... really?

Or just select the Photo and delete it.

Yeah. The magic 'delete' key does wonders. Not talking down, but you really didn't know?

I'm SO sigging this.

That is a pretty impressive quote. I like it!

And I'd like to see an update on the USA from that game...

Alright, I have a problem.

So I just got the game, and start up a game as Prussia. I use my diplomatic wits and some brawn to create the NGF while beating Austria up...and now I can't build any more units. No matter what I get, I keep falling behind in the military rankings, while new units never pop up.

Alright, I have a problem.

So I just got the game, and start up a game as Prussia. I use my diplomatic wits and some brawn to create the NGF while beating Austria up...and now I can't build any more units. No matter what I get, I keep falling behind in the military rankings, while new units never pop up.

You don't have enough soldier pops. Use your national foci to promote them, and check your military funding. Too much and they'll start promoting to officers and the like. Too little and they'll demote.

Austria defeated Prussia since the 1830s; now Austria is the absolute master of the german nations once again, look how it's trying to hug them! And the Netherlands absorbed all of Prussia's western territories, then France stole the rheinland from the Netherlands. Scandinavia had stolen Finland from Russia, but the russians got their revenge in the end.

Is that Tuscan Pommerania I spot?:eek::eek::eek:

Tellus

Banned
A bit of shameless bragging, for those who enjoy AARs,

Mine about Greece here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...gend-of-the-Marble-Emperor-Hellenic-AAR/page4

Won 3rd place of a big contest! Im rather proud though I never finished it :(

Figured some might like to give it a read.

7972341contest-placement-03.jpg

Last edited:
v21.png

Russian Yemen. Never seen that one before. I checked later, and now they have the upper tip of Nejd as well. Usually it's someone in Europe proper that goes for Arabia (me in particular, if I'm in the area), but Russia?

v22.png

I find it humorous that it's not Spanish Cuba after it gains a US core, but "Spanish USA". Also, I like that the USCA took Panama and now has its name arched prettily over its territory.

Some other strange features in this game are Prussian (now North German) Jylland, Iceland, and Greenland and Two Sicilies getting repeatedly trounced by Oman when trying to take their Somali and Kenyan colonies.

I find it humorous that it's not Spanish Cuba after it gains a US core, but "Spanish USA". Also, I like that the USCA took Panama and now has its name arched prettily over its territory.

Some other strange features in this game are Prussian (now North German) Jylland, Iceland, and Greenland and Two Sicilies getting repeatedly trounced by Oman when trying to take their Somali and Kenyan colonies.
Yes, I am a bit confounded as to what the rules are for what is to be used in 'Adjective X'-texts. If there are no cores, it is simple: [Adjective] [Continent], but what makes 'Ottoman Egypt' decide to stretch up to Turkey if Egypt is conquered, even if the Mid-Eastern provinces placed in Africa in vanilla are moved to Asia, why does 'USA' take precedence over 'Cuba' when it comes to cores, and what decides what version of the TAG_name to use (I suspect - but have not yet tested it - that it goes by the government entry in the history/countries textfiles. Which would be rather annoying for countries like the USA and the Ottoman Empire)?

I had not hopes of ever buying Victoria, as Paradox never released Vicky I in Spain, and has only released EUIII complete... until I found it yesterday in the mall when I was buying breakfast cereals (why did I stop in the game shop when I was buying breakfast cereals, you ask? Er... spanish shops are weird like that, yeah. They keep cheerios between the PSP and Wii stands, honest)

Anyway, 40 euros poorer and one game richer, I begun a game. As a plus, the spanish version already is the 1.2. I loathe downloading patches. As a minus, it is the spanish version. I have heard complaing about Paradox's games english... you obviously have never played a spanish translation of any games. If the game gives any option, you should always chose the english version...
Fortunately you can edit the settings like in EUIII.

After eight years of play as Spain, fast impressions:
-Carlist wars. Crap. Nothing like starting your game wiht one third of your nation conquered by rebels right of the bat... Unusually easy to defeat, too.
-How nice, carribeans and afro-carribeans living together in Cuba. You'd think than after four hundred years one or two spanish families would have moved there, you know. The english seem to be everywere, after all.
-20 infamy for annexing Haiti??? ARE THEY OUT OF THEIR MIND?????
-Alliances are exactly as inconvenient as their EUIII siblings. They will never help you when you need then, but will need rescue as soon as you look the other way. And I don't care whatever they claim in Salamanca's University histyory classes, the war againt France never happened. Look, our ally morocco lost half its land. Since that would never happen with the mighty Spanish Empire working on their defenst, it is ovbiously some cartographic error. Or something.
-What is going on with the budget? It moves insanely month to month, sometimes as much as a full two hundred point fall form 100 to -100!
-On hindsight, I probably should have read the manual and/or played the tutorial, but a manly macho men does not need such sissy helps...

So far, I like EUIII far more. But that's because I know how to play it, so that will change. And I am curious to see how long can I go on before breaking down and reading the damm manual...