Victoria II

The German Empire.
bjgSE.jpg

And his beautiful capital, Vienna.
IN460.png

Oh, and this:

I don't remember who it was, but somebody suggested a multiplayer game. I said no because I wanted to wait for the patch. Anyone interested now that the patch is out?

Three Hurrays! as Austria.

Took alot of time and a little cheating. Could have done without the cheating but I didn't feel like fighting another war against France for Holstein, or against Scandinavia for Prussia (fighting against Scandinavia is a pain in the ass if you don't have a good navy).

Nice one, I have another question.

I want to buy a paradox game, but I am having some trouble deciding between EU3 and Vic2. I am leaning towards Vic2 for it's complexity, but people say you should start on EU3 for the same reason. Halp ploz!

Nice one, I have another question.

I want to buy a paradox game, but I am having some trouble deciding between EU3 and Vic2. I am leaning towards Vic2 for it's complexity, but people say you should start on EU3 for the same reason. Halp ploz!

EU3 is the most playable in terms of balance and features probably. And it has another expansion coming up. It has an easy learning curve compared to other paradox games.

Here was my first attempt as France to smack the world silly. I did a poor job of it, I could have annexed half of Brazil and all of continental Europe if I hadn't been conservative about my badboy :( I still had another decade to correct the problem, and in the end I carved out all of Catalonia from Spain, Amazonia from Brazil, and a few more chunks of Germany, and a big chunk of Africa.

France1921.png

Looks like you better start enacting those political reforms.

But I want a Communist Revolution :)

After that pic, I lost Elsass-Lothringien to the French. Then the game froze on the army build screen, as I was because I was trying to build 200 infantry and armor divisions.

Year 1901. Since my last update, some things have changed. Austria and Russia fought many wars against each other, with Germany always siding with one of them and against the other. Doing so, it conquered Lithuania and freed Bohemia-Moravia and Poland. Due to the various alliances and assorted political intrigue, the situation of Eastern Europe is really fucked up: Poland was born in former Austrian Galicia, with Poles being a minority in their own country, occupying Ukrainian-majority areas, but they had the opportunity to claim and conquer a Russian-dominated Polish-majority area later on. Since Poland is in Germany's sphere, the previously Austrian puppet and now Russian satellite of Krakow did not unify with the motherland, controlling for a short time Moravia, who was later reconquered by Austria and freed as an independent state by Germany. Belgium, who in the 1860s regained its independence from Wallonia, took part in several wars who saw the French against the Dutch, occupying half their territory.
V2_MAP_GER_1901423_1.jpg

I'm playing as Germany. The Civil War occurred while the US was in a war against Mexico. Since Mexico and the US were roughly equal with soldiers, and suddenly the US had a chunk of their population base go hostile, the US wasn't doing so well in the war. I decided to invade and grab New York while it was distracted. With even more brigades going against them, the US folded one by one to Mexico's demand for Colorado, the CSA's demand for independence, and my demands for New York and Massachusetts. As the US was finishing up the last of war (with me), Russia declared war for Idaho (it colonized Oregon at the beginning of the game :confused:) and won that. Since then, every few years Mexico will grab a western state and the CS will grab an eastern/mid state. During the second round of wars, I joined in and grabbed Pennsylvania and Maryland. Great powers are: Britain, Germany/Russia (rough parity), France, CSA, Mexico, Brazil, USA. USA is currently ranked ninth, and will be replaced as great power by Netherlands rather shortly. The only reason they lasted on the great power list this long is because they keep winning white peaces with Russia and getting prestige. Since this screenshot was taken, a few more states were annexed by Mexico and the CSA.

Elsewhere, things are pretty much normal. I grabbed Egypt at the beginning of the game, I forced Austria to release Hungary and then annexed it (really cheap and easy... I released Hungary in the first war, then just used my free casus belli against Austria to occupy the whole damn country, and sat on it until their industry score was crippled). I got Java from the Netherlands, and part of Algeria from France. A couple concessions in China (fueling my economy). Nothing too exciting.

Edit: Oh yeah! Ironically, the CSA became liberal and freed all of its slaves. Meanwhile, the US is conservative and maintained Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma as slave states (until they were annexed one by one). The only reason the US doesn't have slavery is because emancipation was forced on it by the Confederacy. :)

v21.png