Victoria II

you should definatley get Viky 2 its one of the best games out there and judging by the path paradox took with EU4 and with the recent CK2 DLCs, Viky 3 won't be nearly as good.

Also i patched my .exe so that it can run in multicore and the game still lags a bit by the end, so while its old, its not so old that it needs an upgrade.

i would love for a patch to fix factory limits, and other minor issues, like geting rid of the dice weighed migration, and a reworked economic engine, but all in all the game runs really well with HOD + NNM+ RGO fix file from the pop mod.

BTW Nice Persia you got there Ben.

PDM: Victoria!

Indian Troops have just burned the Summer Palace in Beijing, freeing Kashigara under an Indian-Chinese Governor. Also, Kurdistan freed itself then was sphered by the NGF by some stupid reason. Now I am planning an attack into Egyptian Iraq and Kurdistan from Indian Persia and Indian Arabia. If all goes weill I also can snatch Southern Egypt and some of French Africa.

@Mr. pollos:
I managed to fix most of my lag issues by turning off advanced water and map transparency, but there's still a bit of lag when there's a lot of stuff going on. How did you patch your .exe to do that? Is it something that can be relatively easily done/explained, or is it a complicated process? I'd be interested in giving it a try if it's not too complicated.

@ThatOneGuy:
Where are you hosting your images? I can't ever seem to see any image you post.

Oh, I just assumed that your most recent game update had some screenshots I couldn't see.

Sounds like a pretty interesting game, in any case. How are the rankings so far?

Rhand

Banned
Well, I had to do it once.

Played as Austria, formed Gross Deustches Reich, disregarded Infamy cap. It's now almost 1900 and I can't justify wars anymore (it takes -4000 days for me to form some CBs) because my Infamy is well over 100...

@Mr. pollos:
I managed to fix most of my lag issues by turning off advanced water and map transparency, but there's still a bit of lag when there's a lot of stuff going on. How did you patch your .exe to do that? Is it something that can be relatively easily done/explained, or is it a complicated process? I'd be interested in giving it a try if it's not too complicated.
post.

It was one of the official patches that did that, I don’t know if it was 1.3, HOD, or HOD’s hotfix. But I remember reading t on one of the change logs, my performance did improve after that then again I downloaded HOD after changing computers so…

Also Viky has memory limitations, you can use more ram by using this app

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

@ThatOneGuy:
That's seriously huge. Easily dwarfs the Mughal Empire, that's for sure.

@Mr. pollos:
Ah, I thought it might have been one of the official ones, but since I only started playing Victoria II after installing all the DLC, I wasn't sure.

Thanks for the link; I'll give it a try.

Depending on available manpower and supply limits, I like to go with one of the below:

5 inf/3 art/1 cav*/1 eng (30k)

10 inf/6 art/2 cav*/2 eng (60k)

Usually utterly destroys anything the AI throws at you, even when outnumbered, and sieges provinces in 15 days tops.

*Preferably a Hussar

Depending on available manpower and supply limits, I like to go with one of the below:

5 inf/3 art/1 cav*/1 eng (30k)

10 inf/6 art/2 cav*/2 eng (60k)

Usually utterly destroys anything the AI throws at you, even when outnumbered, and sieges provinces in 15 days tops.

*Preferably a Hussar

awesome, thanks. There is about 34 years left of the game so I will just wrap it up and post screenies.

Rhand

Banned
@Rand:
I've been meaning to do that as well one of these days. How ridiculous were your score and borders by the end of it?

Basically, I ate France's colonial empire and gobbled up large chunks of Russia. Score wasn't too ridiculous though, I was 1/1/1 with an industrial score almost 2x the nearest competitor, but that's about it. My military score wasn't incredibly high because I never built any capital ships. Or any ships at all, to be honest. I took colonies by beating them out of France and Britain.

The war score value of one or more provinces just increased significantly in the middle of a war, resulting in the total sum surpassing 100%.

I had only added war goals equaling 96%, but suddenly it increased to 103% resulting in a loss of prestige from not being able to fulfill all of them. Does anyone have any idea why this happened?

Last edited:
The war score value of one or more provinces just increased significantly in the middle of a war, resulting in the total sum surpassing 100%.

I had only added war goals equaling 96%, but suddenly it increased to 103% resulting in a loss of prestige from not being able to fulfill all of them. Does anyone have any idea why this happened?

Perhaps a colony became a state.